It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul is Winning! (Delegates Explained)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

That happened in the 2000 elections when Gore won the popular vote. It happened before also.

I am not talking about popular vote. Gore won the popular vote, but lost the electoral votes.

I don't think it ever happened that the electors in the electoral college voted for someone other than the person on whose name they were elected, not enough to make a difference anyway. Failing to win the straw poll, but winning the delegates is not much different from failing to carry the different states in the elections, but winning over the electors elected on the opponent's name, although the latter is more difficult to accomplish.

If Paul is depending on using the system rather than popular appeal, as appears to be the case in winning the GOP nomination, to get to the White House, it is a definite possibility.

With the lack of enthusiasm for the other contenders it seems the two most vocal factions are the Ron Pauls and the Non-Pauls. Anyone else gets only passing accolades.

Within the GOP for sure. But things will be different once the GOP nominee is decided. Obama will receive his share of accolades as well.

The count in some of the primaries so far don't seem to make perfect sense either. The only openly televised count in Nevada last week had Paul winning around 3 to 1 over his closest challenger. That was a special voting time to permit Seventh-Day Adventists and strict Jews a chance to vote that was not on their sabbath; and they are not really thought to be Paul's strongest base of voters - possibly why it was allowed to be televised.

World is full of surprises.

If that is intended to say that somehow the GOP is rigging the process against Paul, it is inconsistent with the hopes that Paul can win delegates even if he loses the straw polls. If the GOP can rig the straw polls to keep Paul supporters out, why would it be difficult for them to ensure Paul doesn't get any delegates? Are Paul supporters posing as delegates for the other candidates as well?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

Are Paul supporters posing as delegates for the other candidates as well?

If they are smart. What do you think?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Originally posted by Kenrichaed
Ron Paul only has 8 while Romney has 94 so how can you say he's winning?

elections.nytimes.com...

Paul is in 4th place as far as delegates go.

New york times?

And here is CNN

www.cnn.com...

Get the point?

Not one of these MSM outlets actually bother with the real numbers, they just want to get some numbers out to get credit. The only thing they have in common is their bias against Ron Paul, and you deem them trustworthy?

Someone who SHOULD know the real numbers, on the other hand, is Ron Paul... with his ancient knowledge of the system.
edit on 11-2-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

LOL

That was a burn. Owch.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Yes that is Ron Paul's strategy.

Overturn the will of the people by having delegates pledge to vote at the convention directly against the majority of the voters.

I would love to hear what Ron Paul supporters would say if a different candidate did this...if an overwhelming majority of the people voted for Ron Paul...but the delegate went to someone else???

So Ron Paul supporters, you are right...there is fraud going on...fraud against the people...and it is being done by the Ron Paul campaign.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yes..it must be true since its from the NY Times

Excellent video. What I find amazing is two things...they act like Ron Paul is doing some kind of deceitful shadowy thing, when all he is doing is exactly the way the process is supposed to work.

And the establishment are so blatantly obvious at trying to do anything to keep the Ron Paul supporters from showing up to be delegates.

None of this would be any secret if the MSM wasn't bought and paid for and did their freaking jobs and actually Reported news. But I am sure they will drone on and on with how well Mitt or any of the other ones are doing.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observor
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

World is full of surprises.

If that is intended to say that somehow the GOP is rigging the process against Paul, it is inconsistent with the hopes that Paul can win delegates...

It was intended to tell what had happened there. If that is what you derive from that then you are likely not alone.

That happened in the 2000 elections when Gore won the popular vote. It happened before also.

I am not talking about popular vote. Gore won the popular vote, but lost the electoral votes.

I don't think it ever happened that the electors in the electoral college voted for someone other than the person on whose name they were elected, not enough to make a difference anyway. Failing to win the straw poll, but winning the delegates is not much different from failing to carry the different states in the elections, but winning over the electors elected on the opponent's name, although the latter is more difficult to accomplish.

If Paul is depending on using the system rather than popular appeal, as appears to be the case in winning the GOP nomination, to get to the White House, it is a definite possibility.

Paul's delegates will likely vote as they are pledged to do. If that leads to a brokered convention then all bets are off and they can vote as they see fit and make whatever compromises that will eventually bring them to a majority vote. Nothing crooked in doing that. The opportunities of popular appeal manifests itself on many levels.

edit on 11-2-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by NeoVain

Overturn the will of the people by having delegates pledge to vote at the convention directly against the majority of the voters.

I would love to hear what Ron Paul supporters would say if a different candidate did this...if an overwhelming majority of the people voted for Ron Paul...but the delegate went to someone else???

So Ron Paul supporters, you are right...there is fraud going on...fraud against the people...and it is being done by the Ron Paul campaign.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, what you say is true and it feels a bit like dirty fighting. On the other hand, however, you have the majority of the GOP voting base just voting for who they think will "beat Obama" so they just vote for who is winning.

I feel that virtually all of them would support Ron Paul if he were winning so it's almost as if it's not going against the will of the people because... "the people" in question are completely apathetic an non-committing when they throw in their support for Romney.

Delegation works like voting. So lets say that McCain had more supporters but Obama had more voters. Is that wrong? I don't think so. Apathetic supporters don't equate to enthusiastic voters.

Again, mixed feelings.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well when you're purposely being kept down and made out to be "unelectable", "crazy", and "radical"......what else can you do? He's playing by the rules. I completely agree with you though.....if Mitt Romney did it this way I would be pissed off. But he doesn't have loyal supporters. His loyal support is $$$$$.

The thing is Mitt Romney doesn't have to do it this way because he isn't deemed "unelectable", "crazy", and "radical" and he has Corporate America eating out of his hand.

Imagine if the MSM actually gave him a fair shake. What would this election look like then considering Ron Paul's base is overwhelmingly strong?

I also have to ask you Outkast. Do you even support anyone? I only see you post to try and antagonize Ron Paul supporters. Not to say that you are wrong. You just seem to post in an attempt to irritate.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Doesn't matter... Just throwing money doesn't get you anywhere.

Romney camp is vacant while Ron Paul's is bustling with activity, dedication, commitment.

If you don't play you can't win; If you don't activate, you deteriorate. That's just life.

and just throwing money in an empty room will only lure sellouts, hollow, empty, lazy.

At the very least, Hon. Dr. Ron Paul will help to expose the fraud in the

general erection. I would expect that howls from the public will rise and lawsuits will fly.

This is an exciting erection coming up!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

This is an exciting erection coming up!!!

Erm, I usually don´t complain about spelling but... you might want to change one letter in that sentence ASAP

edit on 11-2-2012 by NeoVain because: adding text

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So this is the daily ''clutching at straws'' thread from the Paulbots.

At least it appears that the shift from stage 2 to stage 3 of the Kübler-Ross model is starting to come into full force.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by NeoVain

This is completely ridiculous Outkast. You're calling fraud when people are utilizing the system the way it was intended to be utilized? So, let me get this straight. You're calling Ron Paul supporters fraudsters for staying around and voting for delegates? It's the fault of Ron Paul supporters that the other candidates supporters aren't smart enough to do the same? Fraud??? The only time you will call fraud is when you can grasp at straws and blame the Ron Paul crowd for voting in delegates? I can tolerate some of your posts, but this one lacks class and intelligence. Horrible post.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

reply to post by NeoVain

LOL hey, don't blame dedicated supporters for fraud just because they're actually doing what they are supposed to do to get their candidate the nomination. If another candidate was doing this, you know what would be the logical response? Go out there and make sure the process is complete for our candidate!. This isn't American Idol ok.
edit on 11-2-2012 by juveous because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ron Paul didn't make the rules, The GOP party did.
Where is the fraud ? Ron Paul , his staff and delegates are play by the party rules.
Ever been to an orginized meeting, like a PTA meeting ?
Orginized meetings operate under "Roberts Rules" , and if you don't know the rules you will be shut out before you say anything.
Another rule for delegate selection is , you don't have to be commited to any candidate.
Dr. Paul didn't make the rules, but he is playing by them and so are the delegates.
Every voter has the right to become a delegate but it helps if you know the rules and you have the proper paper work completed.
If you want to play the game learn the rules.

Dr. Paul has stated he has no plans for a third party run, and he is playing by their rules.............
So if the Gop trys to rip him off at the convention, I suspect a third party run. Don't forget this is his last run ,
and more people are fed up with both partys more so than when the other R.P. ran.( Ross Perot)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Ron Paul was a doctor/aviator etc. etc. etc. which is equal to GENIUS imo...Anyone can see that if they watched the debates,,and anyone who begs to differ then please tell me who you think the smartest GOP guy is.....that being said,he has figured out the election like the economy.......IM GOING TO MARCH IN D.C.,,DRIVING FROM SOUTH CAROLINA,,,,,,,I WILL ONLY VOTE FOR RON PAUL..

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

On the other hand, however, you have the majority of the GOP voting base just voting for who they think will "beat Obama" so they just vote for who is winning.

They vote based on whatever they want to base it on...that is their American right.

Who is Ron Paul or his supporters to take that right away from them?

If you think people are going to support Ron Paul who just overturned their vote by trickery...I think you are mistaken. Nothing disenfranchises voters more than outright telling them their vote didn't count for anything.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

This is completely ridiculous Outkast. You're calling fraud when people are utilizing the system the way it was intended to be utilized? So, let me get this straight. You're calling Ron Paul supporters fraudsters for staying around and voting for delegates? It's the fault of Ron Paul supporters that the other candidates supporters aren't smart enough to do the same? Fraud??? The only time you will call fraud is when you can grasp at straws and blame the Ron Paul crowd for voting in delegates? I can tolerate some of your posts, but this one lacks class and intelligence. Horrible post.

Yes, when they plan on voting opposite of what their precinct voted...I am calling fraud.

They have been entrusted to REPRESENT their entire precinct...not just themselves.

Honestly tell me you would not be pissed if any other candidate did this. Tell me that if your precinct voted for Paul and then the delegate voted for Romney that you wouldn't be pissed. That you wouldn't feel like you were robed of your voice and that the system is FRAUDULENT.

This speaks more to the unethical behavior of Ron Paul and his supporters than anything else Paul could have said himself. Just more reason not to like the man or his supporters.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

LOL hey, don't blame dedicated supporters for fraud just because they're actually doing what they are supposed to do to get their candidate the nomination. If another candidate was doing this, you know what would be the logical response? Go out there and make sure the process is complete for our candidate!. This isn't American Idol ok.

What they are supposed to do is represent their precinct and honor the votes of their fellow Americans.

I guess Paul supporters just know what's good for everyone though...so other people don't count. That is exactly opposite of Ron Paul's rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

If you think people are going to support Ron Paul who just overturned their vote by trickery...I think you are mistaken. Nothing disenfranchises voters more than outright telling them their vote didn't count for anything.

Actually, yeah... I do think that. I think the people who are voting for Romney have so much blind hatred for our president that they will vote for Ron Paul just out of spite alone.

Have you heard anybody talk about Romney's values or why somebody actually likes him? Their only answer is "I don't like Obama". I have yet to hear anything supportive of the other candidates that don't include "beating Obama". Ron Paul actually has people who are voting for him because they believe in him and not just because they don't like Obama. Ironically, a non-Ron nomination will be the only thing that would seal Obama's victory.

If no Ron Paul, I'm going for Obama again. Like I said, mixed feelings.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Lemme get this straight. 2 + 2 =5. I gotta get me some more edjumacation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join