It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing French Indigo Girl in Africa (Tippi)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I can't begin to express the upsurge of emotion that washed over me as I watched these videos. As I watched Tippi play with these beautiful animals, i felt that I was sharing her peace and joy. Thank you for posting these. This has really made my day. It is my hope, my prayer, that oneday, sights such as these will be commonplace.

(Isa 11:6) The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

(Isa 11:7) And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

(Isa 11:8) And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

(Isa 11:9) They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

s&f OP

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I don't care for the "indigo" label at all - it implies that she is different when truly there is a "tippi" within us all.
Great point, I completely agree with you on that. All of us have the ability to connect with the animals that we share this world with. However, it seems more often than not we show fear and ignorance and instead kill and slaughter the animals around us via things such as deforestation and game hunting. Every time I find a spider in my house I catch it and release it outside rather than kill it because it looks creepy or scares me.

edit on 11-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Wow....that first video has brought a tear to my eye, and i havent cried in years.

I am so jealous of that young girl, she has had a childhood I can only dream of......Epic......

I hope she succeeds in her mission to spread awareness, but it is going to take allot more than awareness to change humanity's modern age stance with nature.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
What a cutie. Just goes to show how valuable a childlike wonder and innocence are to in unlocking the true beauty of the world (and probably why my maturity level continues to remain around that of a 13-14 yo).

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

I don't care for the "indigo" label at all - it implies that she is different when truly there is a "tippi" within us all.
One of the reasons she could be close to animals was her lack of labeling everything and instead just offering love without condition, name or expectation.

Couldn't agree with you more. Most children see animals as being on an equal level to themselves and as can be seen in these videos they will then reward the child with the same respect.. Although many animals can be dangerous (snakes, spiders.....humans), I think most human animal problems are caused when fear is taught in place of respect.

Beautiful thread ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
.............. Every time I find a spider in my house I catch it and release it outside rather than kill it because it looks creepy or scares me.
]

Lol I feel guilty even if I knowingly step on ants...

edit on 11/2/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

This is an example of the power of seeing all things as one sees ones self - LOVE, the only true universal language. The title Indigo is nothing more than tose who see themselves as ONE with all that is. Animals have the advantage of already knowing this as do children, but,we humans have a tendency to teach this knowledge out of our race and surplant it with FEAR - FEAR is nothing more than the absence of LOVE. This is an wonderful example of what each of us was created to be. Thank you for posting this wonderful lesson and glance at how we humans are meant to interact with all else.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Wonderful thread! Thank you so much for sharing.
I too have a unique connection with the animals, having resulted from growing up on a farm and my love of backpacking into the wilds. I think her innocence and the lack of fear is what the animals sense, and not the sense of malice and fear we adults have. Just my opinion. We are trained from the time we are young that wild animals are something to be afraid of, as they can (and do) cause us harm. The scent of fear permeates our entire being, and gives off an odor any wild animal can smell. They react accordingly.

Again, thank you for the great videos and I think I will do some more research of Tippi on my own. She seems like a facsinating girl!

Peace!
SK

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Lovely person but why does this mean she is an 'indigo child? When I was young - about 4- I was found [after running off].playing with a bunch of Vipers in a river. I could [and still can] approach any animal and connect with them in a way I can't do with humans. Vicious dogs have been set upon me, just to stop and wriggle their tails. I have owned Tarantulas that I handled as if they were hamsters. I have loved them dearly and one lived for 8 years. I have cleaned out snake terrariums and was warned that they might bite but it was more to me as if they were pals. I respected them but didn't take them seriously. I can pick up the nastiest most violent cats and they let me. It is as if feel them on a different level. There are many more stories. I can only say that animals are small guys who are all viable 'persons' only smaller and looking differently. That doesn't make me an indigo. Also Tippi is extremely lucky to have had that kind of upbringing. I am sure there are other kids out there who would be able to do the same had they lived there. That doesn't make them indigo, just lucky. Maybe there are people who just have a natural link with animals?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Every time I find a spider in my house I catch it and release it outside rather than kill it because it looks creepy or scares me.

That is exactly the kind of respect for all life that we should strive for.
Not only are animals our co-inhabitors of this planet - they all have something to teach us, regardless of size or our preconceived images of conventional beauty.
Thank you for watching for the little guys!
I can feel the good karma you are creating,

edit on 11-2-2012 by Asktheanimals because: formatting error

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I barely finish to watch the first video you gently posted and have to S&F you before i can continue, thanks. My soul is having a fest. Must share it with my family.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I know this is alittle offtopic, but does anyone know the name of the song in that first video? I heard that one awhile ago and have wondered ever sense. Anyways very cool video, im sure kids would be very different today if they grew up with nature as she did rather than with the fast blinking lights from the various screens as many do today.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Not one person on here thinks this is an extremely dangerous move on the part of her parents? Wild animals are wild animals no matter what type of connection you think you have with them. Any one of these creatures could kill her in a matter of seconds if she does one little thing they feel threatened by.

I'm glad you all got that warm and fuzzy feeling but I see parents that need to be locked up when I watch these videos.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Could you define the term "Indigo girl" for me please?

I have heard of Indigo and Rainbow and Crystal children...but how do you define them? Why is this girl an Indigo girl?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
In the video it is a leopard,

But THIS is a cheetah

Originally posted by Qumulys

edit on 11/2/2012 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
www.livehonestly.com...

This website has quotes of the mother saying these were all tame, orphaned animals that were raised by humans. I too have riden on top of a tame elephant and swam with dolphins(who were actually wild), played with wild horses(that were so use to people feeding them they're tame) its not some magical indigo child connection.

"But in the arid or semi desert regions of Southern Africa people have farms of 10 000 to 20 000 hectares. The farmers often keep orphan animals and raise them in their house. Sometimes they are tame or used to humans and so this is how Tippi was able to be so close with them."

People and animals interact all the time, especially the ones that have been raised by humans, if you were raised in africa i'm sure u'd have some similar stories, especially if your parents were paid to be wild life photographers.

Adults do this all the time if you watch nat geo or the discovery channel, its just that they're adults and they're not dressed up in furs so it doesn't look so magical. you know the animals are tame on nat geo because of the context. its not as easy to see how tame these animals are from photos

Apparently the mother put her daugther through a grueling filming schedule(they probably dressed her up in hot furs in the middle of the african heat for the pics), here is a quote from the daughter about her enjoying being raised in africa.

"Tippi disagrees. "No, Maman, it's not true that I loved it. It was great to see the elephants and the lions, but it would have been better if it hadn't always been in front of the camera. It was hard work, it was difficult, it was hot and I was not happy all the time. I was worn out at the end of it.""

edit on 11-2-2012 by Nephlim because:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
it's all staged, right down to her tarzan/jungle book outfit.

stick her alone in the middle of the serengeti at night alone, and she'll end up in the bellies of a pack of hyenas or ripped apart by a pride of lions.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

You're right of course, no doubt she would get eaten very quickly if left alone in the wild.
I will freely admit to interspersing my own idealism into my response but there is something going on here that many of us dream of and have attempted to emulate in our own lives - namely to feel that we too are a part of nature.
It satisfies a sense of longing in us through vicarious means.
We've all seen the footage where someone wants to get cuddly with a zoo animal much to their detriment. I would hope we all have the common sense not to become a human burrito for a pack of hyenas.
There will always be that desire to be closer, to experience the wild in an intimate way that calls us whether we are wildlife photographers, hunters or armchair naturalists. It seems to be an essential part of human nature.

I'll be first to admit some jealousy on my part - I would love to be that close with a big cat.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Cool thread Thanks OP S&F
Whether its right or wrong to place a child in perceived danger It was just nice for a change to have a thread that made me smile.
With all the crap that we as a species are creating and the doom laden clouds that hang over us right now it was so refreshing to come across a thread like this one.
It was like a cool drink of water for the soul.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I really would like to think that this is an Indigo Child but I'm afraid all I see is a Father who is into Photography and is willing to risk the life of his child for a good pic.

Most wild animals are able to recognize a baby or an infant - some will respect that - like the Gorilla a few years back who picked up a child who'd fallen into the pit at the zoo and nursed him - but not all wild animals will respect that - after all, they are animals! (Some care more than humans!)

This child has clearly been raised with the animals she interacts with - and her Parents have taken a huge risk.

She won't be able to do this as an adult - (perhaps may be lucky in one or two shots)

Huge Risk - she is not an Indigo child as much as I too would like to believe it.

'Don't try this at home'

History is littered with dead animal heroes and Tippi will be just as tasty!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
When she was young, she looked like the feral kid from the movie the Road warrior...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It's very heartwarming to watch. Children find friends to play and associate with. Tippi is alive and well. So. By venting rage at how her parents were SO irresponsible to permit her to do such a thing is ...... their choice. Passive aggressive behavior is so acceptable. (not really) When I read of other people stating, "if she were mine, I'd...." Your opinion, sure.

What I can perceive is her parents were intuitive and accepting of the creatures their child played with. I'm sure they monitored her growth and protected her well-being. And, she became a loving young woman with few biases.
By mentioning "what ifs", is hindsight. Can't we all get along?

I enjoyed the post. Thank you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join