It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone had a break up over your quest for conspiracy?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

My husband and I have been married nearly 10 years.
I have been here on ATS almost 3 years.He thinks that
I am a nutcase and brainwashed by this board.He listens
sometimes and other times he can get a little angry.
My posting would often times sidetrack my mind when I
would realize it was time to fix dinner.He started getting
tired of soup and sandwich "dinners".
I try to make sure my chores are finished earlier and cook
him a good dinner.I have plenty of time to correct others'
thinking onboard.
Maybe one day we will all get together and drown our sorrows
or cheer our victories.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I just make sure I get my conspiracy fix (whether on ATS, watching documentaries, or reading books, surfing other sites and research) on MY time, vs. OUR time.

Every now and then, one will even interest her (and she's a member here...Mrs. Gazrok, hehe...), and she'll check it out for a bit, but not her passion.

It's good that we have our hobbies, but don't lose sight of being together too.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Oh I'm sorry, sir_slide... that's a bummer!
:/

There always exists a fundamental conflict between Truth and Love. Sure, honesty is important for any relationship; however, The Truth alone won't save us... We need to place our focus on love.

If your Conspiracy Research gives you meaning, and you're not spending a problematic amount of money and time on it, than your habbit ought to be suistainable under any healthy and real relationship that is loving. However, some people prefer to follow only the Truth, and ask, "What is a more prefect match?" and they choose to cast aside that fundamental ingredient of unconditional love to seek a more "true" fit.

I can tell you that being on a dating website right now, it is hard to respond appropriately to the question: "Oh what are your interests?" As young minds are often "shopping" for that "perfect mate" who will fit them like a favorite pair of shoes and dates don't always feel the work is necessary, as "there's someone perfect out there just waiting." Having an odd, minority opinion about something that most of the population is skeptical/ignorant about, can raise a yellow flag to some and make you seem like "more work;" when in realty, ALL relationships take hard work.

We too, are on a dangerous path of Truth in our own way... because all relationships and friendships are seemingly glued together by the perceptions of sameness. On our path of truth, the more we learn, the wiser we become--BUT ALSO--the more literally alienated we are from the rest of society. We've all been taught that "the truth" is a great thing, and that it is the work of heroes to fight for what is true. But in these same stories, we forget that the heroes are normally alone and even hurt by those who love them--they even lose limbs and sometimes their very lives! The path of Truth is a dangerous and painful one. And the truth alone will not save us. Only love will. In an increasingly diverse society, we will certainly need to re-double our efforts to love, as soon, finding that perfect match will be more impossible than it already is.

I'm sorry that you seem to have been hit by an unfortunate case of immaturity... good luck good buddy!
feeling better will take time, but it will happen

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Hey brother... I hope your coping well and all is ok.

Be great to see you back amongst the forums when your ready for it.

Take care

Cheers mate

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Glad to see he has at least logged in recently...I do wish people wouldn't just disappear like that...or that I didn't worry about these things so much.
six of one, half a dozen of the other...

I hope you're doing okay there, sir_slide. Take care.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I would just like to respond to all the lovely individuals who took the time to respond to my thread. It has taken me a little while to read over it, and in doing so I am utterly uplifted. I guess I have realized that all things must pass, I was in a very serious state when it happened but I now see green pastures.

To all the members who offered me your kind words, I will forever appreciate your thoughts and insights. Now it is going okay, I have moved house and am now experiencing some clarity and am enjoying life as it should be enjoyed.

I guess I realized that things happen for a reason, and although they can be devastating at the time, that is part of life, part of the learning experience that we all go through and I'm grateful for it. Me and Jen speak a lot now and are good friends, I feel very blessed with how it has worked out. Again, I would like to thank you all for your lovely words, its taken a while to read this thread as it brings up loads of stuff when I think about it, but yet again, thank you for your words, it means a hell of a lot.

Sir Slide

top topics

<< 1   >>

join