It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone had a break up over your quest for conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Title basically says it all. I have been in a loving relationship for over three years and she has just ended it.

It was my quest that did it, I just cannot stop, I cannot hinder my research.
Anyway I'm posting this because I am a> very close to doing something very silly and b> I want to known if you have had a relationship ruined over your mission.

Right now i have some very serious thoughts, which is the reason I am alone, but I would like to know that ATS and my conspiracy buddies are there with me, its such a lonesome place, and I find my quest for truth brings up more demons than I am able to deal with.

Thank you in advance, I am on the brink, and Im sorry for posting/subjecting you to it, its just that Im almost on the brink, in a very big way.

EDIT: This is my business and it don't get no better

Thanks
edit on 11-2-2012 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Ignorance is bliss; this goes well for both relationship and conspiracy.
It sounds like you’re too far down the rabbit hole of information to go back out; I would like to see you try if you know as much as me which it sounds like you do.
It doesn’t matter what it’s about but if someone doesn’t want to be with you because of how you feel then all I can say is she isn’t worth it.
It is a lonesome place but with knowledge comes great responsibility. Today that responsibility to warn/help people is hindered by the fact most of the population are brain dead zombies so you end up in a hopeless cycle of despair, wanting to do something about it and then realising you can’t.
Anyway, just think about the positives.. YOU’RE FREE FROM THE CHAINS OF RELATIONSHIP!

edit on 11-2-2012 by TheCommentator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
i just started a relationship and i have no idea how to introduce my "crazy conspiracy theories" without her freaking out im sure this is a common problem here on ATS so does anyone have any suggestions
EDIT sorry to hear about your relationship problems but theres plenty of fish in the sea a bit cliché but its the best i got

edit on 11-2-2012 by tetriswoooo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

I can definitely relate. Too much time on ats. They want all of your attention. Chains of a relationship. Yup.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I am so sorry to hear that, but if she can't accept you for who you are, was it really the relationship for you? And please don't do anything silly, this too shall pass. Eventually

My ex, introduced me to ATS, I think to make me all the more paranoid, had the adverse effect, and three years ago the wonderful people of ATS actually helped me to break free from that abusive relationship, don't think I could have done it otherwise, and I truly doubt that I'd be here today to tell the tale if I hadn't found this place. So, you know, it can work both ways.

Chin up, Chicken, could be worse

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I totally understand my friend. It is truly hard. I'm loosing my girlfriend slowly as we speak. she was just deployed in November and already, she has changed drastically. She has already sent me an email about how my beliefs are pushing her away that she is now more patriotic then ever before and she can not associate herself with that realm. In a way I understand because of her rank and clearance. If she was ever to talk about what I talk about she would be out so fast and she would never forgive me. So I cant discuss anything with her. But on the other hand She cant tell me anything about what she does. In a way i imagine her as some secret agent or something. It really Does SUCK though, because the point of having a partner in a relationship is so that you can share your life with them and so you have someone you talk about anything with and be there to lean on. Thats what soul mates are all about.

Keep your chin up my friend you might just find someone that has the same beliefs as you on here and they may even be cute... Good luck

Doc

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
5 years, just ended. Heartbroken doesn't begin to describe it.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
ATS can become a lonely place for you in the real world. An interesting, thought provoking thread can be mashing around in your head and you have no one to share it with except other ATSers.

Ive learned to shut up. I know that some of my comments and beliefs are met with derision. 'Everything is a conspiracy', well no actually, not everything is but I know we are being played and hidden from facts and it bothers me.

ATS can affect your real world relationships in the sense that the things we learn or even consider can change our perspective. I took a few years out from ATS and wasnt as consumed. I still came back, probably more tempered than previously.

We can love someone dearly but I think there are specific areas we need to be compatable and if we are not, then it could prove difficult in time and we will find something lacking. Being close to someone, we want to share our thoughts and our musings, its difficult to keep close to someone when we have to shut a part of ourselves out of the relationship.

most of us have been at the edge of drastic action because of relationships. The simple truth as airy fairy and unhelpful as it is, is that we will start to heal, it just takes time and nothing can speed it up.

Heartache is the worst of pain but it is like an illness and we recover. You will recover.

You are not alone and many will understand where you are at.

Take care of you.

edit on 11-2-2012 by PurpleHorizon because: Typo

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

dude, sorry to hear about it.

right now, i know it's the last thing you want to hear
but you're better off.

most women just want Security,
y'know: picket fences, creature comforts, large bank acct etc.

when a guy is just too difficult to chain down,
they just move on to another victim.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You are not alone, sir_slide...

I've lost my last g/f from the same reasoning, but worse.
It seems that all too often I find the most programmed women ever.
By that I mean, the women who dare not question the status quo.
The women who dream of white weddings and family-like-the-beavers...

When in reality, there is more than meets the eye almost everywhere you turn.
And most women I meet don't even want to question anything.
They just want exactly what the television tells them to want.

I always wished I could get her to think out-of-the-box.
But she was so stuck in her mindless "success and excess" life...
It was truly sickening.

I'm better off now, just because I don't have a woman breathing down my neck about why I don't act like every other man she met, or why I'm not out carelessly spending money I don't have, (keeping up with the Jones').
She was in love with everything this world had to offer and didn't want to see the truth.
There's plenty of more reasons why we aren't dating...but why list them all.
I'm sure you get the idea.

We split because we could never agree...

And now I'm on the quest to find a woman who has a similar mindset to mine.
It may prove to be impossible.

edit on 11-2-2012 by havok because: clarity

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

And now I'm on the quest to find a woman who has a similar mindset to mine. It may prove to be impossible.

We're out there, really we are

Not me though, I'm married.

I'm so lucky, my husband and I talk about this stuff all the time. He's a truck driver (gone often), and ATS is my passtime. I introduced him to ATS, and now, he's listening to Ledge (?) on Dangerous Conversations every week night, and others, and he's gone further down the rabbit hole than I have. He hasn't posted on ATS for a long time though, he has radio shows now, that he can call into while he's driving (phone headset), and we compare notes.

There's the right person out there for everyone, but introduce them to this stuff slowly.
Some people are just more comfortable not knowing, sadly....

He's all for me stocking up on extra food and all sorts of other stuff.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
Title basically says it all. I have been in a loving relationship for over three years and she has just ended it.

It was my quest that did it, I just cannot stop, I cannot hinder my research.
Anyway I'm posting this because I am a> very close to doing something very silly and b> I want to known if you have had a relationship ruined over your mission.

Right now i have some very serious thoughts, which is the reason I am alone, but I would like to know that ATS and my conspiracy buddies are there with me, its such a lonesome place, and I find my quest for truth brings up more demons than I am able to deal with.

Thank you in advance, I am on the brink, and Im sorry for posting/subjecting you to it, its just that Im almost on the brink, in a very big way.

EDIT: This is my business and it don't get no better

Thanks
edit on 11-2-2012 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

If that's you on the couch......I think that says it all.

Look, I can sympatize about the break-up. 15 years for me and it has to end. It's not an easy thing to go through. What makes it even harder is that SHE can't even see this the way I do. But this place isn't the reason for the break-up. For some reason I just can't fathon someone being so into this site that it would affect their relationship in a negative way. I can see STARTING one because of the internet, but ending one?

I look at it this way. You come to ATS for your "quest" to find the truth. If it wasn't for ATS it would probably be something else right? If there was no internet you would probably find a network of like minded friends to share your thoughts with. Either way you cut it, your girlfriend probably wouldn't be able to handle it if you made it your life.

I think that's the issue right there. It's not ATS, it's not your quest for truth, it's the time you spend on it. You said it yourself....you just can't stop. It's not about YOU so much as it is how much TIME you spend on you.

I have a life outside of this site. I enjoy coming here, but I do have things in the real world to take care of. Too much so in fact and I'm working to simplify it. I divide the time as equally as I can. If I have a lot to say I just type faster. I put myself on a time limit. I come here more for intelligent converstation than I do about conspiracies. As a matter of fact I probably shoot more conspiricies down than I prop up. It's all about denying ignorance. If I'm surrounded by ignorance in real life, I'll do everything I can to change that situation ( and I am) while finding the intelligent people here to conversate with in the meantime.

For me, right now, it's about change. And that's why I enjoy this site so much right now. Just being here helps the transition from one way of life to another. One where there's very little, if any, intelligence on my level, to one where there hopefully will be. I may not know exactly what the future holds, but I'm doing everything I can to make sure it's better than what I have now. Aren't we all doing that in our own way? I've lived my whole life with my glass half full so to speak, and I don't know why, but I feel that now is the time to change that. It's time to fill it up. By talking on a personal level to certain types of people here, who are vastly different than who I'm surrounded personally by now, I'll gravitate more easily to the same types of people in real life. That, and I've never been the type of person who could talk easily to people on a personal level. Face to face. Eye to eye. I get nervous after a few minutes. I just never "got" people too much.

Maybe that's you as well. Maybe you can relate. I don't know. All I know is that you seem to spend TOO much time here. By all means find whatever truth it is you're looking for, but try to mix it up a bit as well.

Look at it this way. What would you do if the grid went down tomorrow?

Just sayin'.

I wish you the best of luck man, I really do.

Maybe this is your theme song?

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

if she can't accept you for who you are, was it really the relationship for you?

Truer words have never been spoken.

You have to find someone who accepts you for who you are, and that starts with understanding someone.

If you're alone and you're looking for someone, start there. When you find them, work for them and take it day by day. Eventually it WILL happen.

( I starred you for that one.
)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
You have to find someone who accepts you for who you are, and that starts with understanding someone.

As long as that 'someone' you are referring to is yourself, I agree. Otherwise, I beg to differ, far too many people wandering around trying to be a 'good' girlfriend or boyfriend, instead of learning how to be a good human already without me joining in. Besides, I'm perfectly content just doing my thing, and trying to be the best I can at that. I sure as hell don't need to 'work' for someone. Been there, done that, didn't enjoy it so much.

I'm not opposed to a little company from time to time, it has to be said, I can be as mushy and romantic as the next woman, but not if I have to compromise on the things that are important to my own development and education. Far too long in the tooth to be stooping to those levels, ta very much.

(Not opposed to others doing all those things, just that some of us, myself included, are probably best off alone. So no offence meant
)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Damn I feel for you bro that's tragic.

I love ATS. I love coming here to talk about the things that unfortunately the people in my life might call 'weird'. For that reason, in the past I kept everything to myself and I didn't have ATS to rant. In the relationships that I've been in and even with friends and family I'm so guilty of switching sides and laughing at people like me and ats. And eventually, a couple big events in my life made me change my personal philosophy. I just realized that holding it all in and pretending like none of this 'world' existed when I interacted with the 'normal' people in my life was self-destructive to me. So then I started to speak out and actually say what I wanted to say, and although they never said it, I KNOW turned a few girls because of it. I got a polarizing personality you either love me or don't like me.

I'm not in a relationship now because I don't want to rush anything and I want the girl to know the side of me that loves evrerything that ATS represents. I feel like if I force myself into something and it doesn't work it'd be relly emotionally and energy draining, but hell that's what a relationship is right? A parasitic fiend, and when it's finally done taking from you it hops off. Lol i'm BSing. But whenever I think back on all the girls that it didn't work with, I equate them to obstacles for me finding something greater. I think my optimisim is the only thing that's holding me onto the cliff sometimes. Life isn't about the material to me and my overall goal is to fill everything empty in me with knowledge and the things closest to the truth as possible. If a girl's gonna label that as weird I just think she doesn't deserve me.

Good luck

edit on 11-2-2012 by CaptainNemo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
One more thing too, you mentioned you CAN'T stop your research. You and I are similar. We're on a quest. We can't stop or let anybody hinder that quest. I don't know about you but my greatest fear is that I'm gonna fall short of what I was born to do which is to FINISH that quest

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

No offense taken. I'm with you in that you can't sacrifice who YOU are just for the sake of being with someone. That's not being true to yourself. Sometimes people wake up though and realize that's just what they've been doing for years.

If the other one compliments who you are, helps bring out the real you, that's another story.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Awe Sir sorry to hear that *hugs*

I never had a relationship end because of my "search" but I have had guys say I'm just strange. lol I also never really go into my ATS activities with those I dated until my current relationship. I only did so with him because he has similar interests and we can have nice discussions on ATS topics or we can have arguments/debates esp if it's on pyramid power lol
and then afterwards we just laugh about it or poke fun at each other. It's nice to have someone with an interest in the same topics, he is also a member. He doesn't post much but he does read the site.

I'm sorry your quest led to your broken heart

Have you ever tried to talk to her about it? Are you getting to a point that maybe she is concerned with your interests and their affect on you personally which in turn affects your relationship with her? Is it taking up all your time? Are you becoming paranoid? Did she know of your interests prior to your dating? Sorry for the questions just curious as it might help a little.

Well keep your head up and don't do anything crazy. Heartbreak sucks and I know the saying all you need is time sucks too but it's true. Always hated "time heals all wounds" but it's true. I hope you find happiness again in your personal life and maybe you two can work things out if there is anything left to work out.

*hugs*

edit on 2/12/2012 by mblahnikluver because: speling error...

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Hmmm?

Sir_Slide...if you're lurking, do me a favour fella and log-in, just so I know you didn't do anything silly...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Biliverdin

Hmmm?

Sir_Slide...if you're lurking, do me a favour fella and log-in, just so I know you didn't do anything silly...

Yea he hasn't been on since he posted this

Hope he is ok....

Sometimes you just need time alone.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join