It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to announce "very important" nuclear achievements

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Here's my theory.

I think Iran is enriching uranium over 20% so they can have their own nuclear powered submarine that can sit in the Persian Gulf or the Mediterranean Sea for months at a time.

Russian nuclear submarine reactors appear to use slightly less uranium fuel: Russia: Naval Reactor Technology: Out of the estimated 468 naval reactors that have been installed on 258 submarines and service ships, 24 use fuel enriched to 90% U-235. Most of the reactors were fueled with U-235 enriched to 21-45%. A typical reactor core contains 315 kg of uranium.

www.oftwominds.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

The lunatics in Iran want a wonderful nuclear bomb so they can blackmail the neighborhood.

It has also been suggested that Iran will smuggle small nukes to Hamas and let them

set them off in different areas of Israel.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

The lunatics in Iran want a wonderful nuclear bomb so they can blackmail the neighborhood.

It has also been suggested that Iran will smuggle small nukes to Hamas and let them

Yep, probably true. Along with...

Imam Khamenei said that the Air Force has manufactured air-to-air missiles, air-to-ground missiles and radar-evading missiles, laser missiles and smart bombs as well as Saegeh warplanes and has promoted preparedness in electronic warfare.

abna.ir...

But in the meanwhile, they still need to boost and promote their message of "all Muslims unite" in order to push the non-Muslims out of the region.

Looks like they sponsored the 25th International Islamic Unity Conference in Tehran this week.

The conference, which will end on February 10, will focus on “Islamic awakening” and an assessment of the performance of WFPIST over the past 20 years.

Iran is not seeking to dominate the world, the Iranian president said, adding that the country is a land of various ethnic groups and tribes who hand in hand are following the path of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

tehrantimes.com...

So, Iran doesn't want to dominate the world. LOL! No, they only want Islam to dominate it.

edit on 11-2-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah I highly doubt they will admit they have a bomb and especially test fire one. Most likely it will be all about Nuclear POWER there power plants are up and running 100% and is now providing electricity will be the announcement.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

He might brag about their -new- deep,deep, deep underground uranium enrichment

facility. We will not be denied our wonderful nuclear bomb! Stay away or else no

more mister nice guy.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What these announcements may be, i dont know, but im surer they are of great moment.....After all, the Iranish scientists have already developed a flying saucer, and a cure for HIV, as well as manufactured an entire new class of secret weapon....a sort of flying boat thingy that is stealthy as a cat......
What new and glorious weapons they will now announce may be enough to stop the great satan from bombing the living snot out of them....but then again.................

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrksstudios
Very Interesting. I wonder what this could be?

Aside from announcing a nuclear detonation, I would wager it deals with enrichment percentages above the 20% they are at now or they are announcing yet more hidden facilities.

I would imagine since its coming during the 33rd anniversary of the Islamic Revolution, it hsould be a real humdinger...
edit on 11-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Its probably the "12ers" trying to start chaos. I dont know a whole lot about them but supposedly "some" muslims take the writings literally and are trying to usher in the 12th imam or imam Mahdi ,which i think is a guy thats been a cave for 1200 years that will emerge in a time of war and chaos to save them, ............OR they are just talking crap,,the nuclear facilities in iran are all highly secured with live feed cameras, saw that on RT.....something they dont tell us here in the states...dont know what they are up to if anything.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

This could explain why they are messing up the Grand Canyon to mine Uranium -.-

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
most likely that they enriched x amount of uranium.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by avatard

Now im picturing the scene out of Dr. Strangelove except its the 12th Mahdi riding the Iranian nuke..... Aside from enrichment or another secret facility what major announcement is left?
edit on 11-2-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by ANNED

Well that is just absurd. They have only gotten to 20 percent enrichment. They are far from making a bomb. The media has been lying to you.

You are mistaken, 20 percent enrichment is sufficient to achieve a critical mass.

High enrichment is important for reducing the required weapon critical mass, and for boosting the maximum alpha value for the material. The effect of enrichment on critical mass can be seen in the following table:

Figure 4.1.7.1.1. Uranium Critical Masses for Various Enrichments and Reflectors
total kg/U-235 content kg (density = 18.9)
Enrichment Reflector
(% U-235) None Nat. U Be
10 cm 10 cm
93.5 48.0/44.5 18.4/17.2 14.1/13.5
90.0 53.8/48.4 20.8/18.7 15.5/14.0
80.0 68. /54.4 26.5/21.2 19.3/15.4
70.0 86. /60.2 33. /23.1 24.1/16.9
60.0 120 /72. 45. /27. 32. /19.2
50.0 170 /85. 65. /33. 45. /23.
40.0 250 /100 100 /40. 70. /28.
30.0 440 /132 190 /57. 130 /39.
20.0 800 /160 370 /74 245 /49.
The total critical mass, and the critical mass of contained U-235 are both shown. The increase in critical mass with lower enrichment is of course less pronounced when calculated by U-235 content. Even with equivalent critical masses present, lower enrichment reduces yield per kg of U-235 by reducing the maximum alpha. This is due to the non-fission neutron capture cross section of U-238, and the softening of the neutron spectrum through inelastic scattering (see the discussion of U-238 as a neutron reflector below for more details about this).

Elements of Fission Weapon Design
edit on 11-2-2012 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

This is true for Hezbollah also, who the CIA has linked to the Mexican Drug Cartels in recent months by the way. I have no doubt that Iran will give a weapon to Hezbollah, who will do whatever it can to detonate that in a U.S. city, and then Iran is going to sit back and point fingers at America and say that the U.S./Israeli governments attacked themselves to perpetuate a war in Iran for their "oil". Why wouldnt they? The propaganda dispersed by people like Al Qaeda, Hamas, and Hezbollah convinced the majority of the world into believing the U.S. was behind 9/11.

I would bet anything that this is the scenario that will play out.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Funny enough Hamas is in Iran this weekend shoring up ties with the Iranian government as well.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Im going to debunk this, they cant build proper roads yet

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Persians hear ye, SPARTA!!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Funny enough Hamas is in Iran this weekend shoring up ties with the Iranian government as well.

Yes, yes. Lets hope magnetic car bombs become a popular fad

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Persians hear ye, SPARTA!!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hey Guys and Gals,

We might be missing the point here completely. The world is keeping a close eye on Iran for a while now and really don't know an awful lot about their nuclear capabilities. There has been a lot of speculation as to the strength of their uranium enrichment....20, 30, 50...jeez 90% But do they really need to enrich anything?
Why not just play the game and roll out a dud and parade that around the streets instead? Hey, propaganda at it's best........Iranian style. I'm sure it would bolster support from the millions of ill educated followers in that country and also put the fear of God into Israel? Now, I'm sure from parading around a new "Nuke" in the streets no one is going to be pressing any buttons any time soon, but it will get the blood flowing. Just showing they have achieved this is enough..........no one wil be able to disprove it, just as they are not able to prove much at this precise moment? Itchy trigger fingers await, lets watch the biggest game of Poker ever...........take your seats.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Good analogy Lacrimaereum.

Short but sweet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join