It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone play MTG???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

i know what you mean. I stopped playing for awhile after Inistrad came out, but then i thought : why the hell did i stop?" and forced myself to go back. And now im addicted again >.<

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuirOverrun
reply to post by Lionhearte

If youre getting bored of magic, you should definitely go to a local store on Friday nights. playing the same decks over and over with the same people is nowhere near as fun as making your own deck in an hour from 3 or 6 boosters and then playing with different people.

If you don't know where these events are held:
ww2.wizards.com...

That's not a bad idea, and actually I want to, but money and transportation is kinda a problem right now. No doubt I'll get into it again in a couple weeks or so..

Plus, I want to go to Frank & Sons again and play with some random people there. If you haven't heard of Frank & Sons.. I can't tell you how much you're missing out on lol.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

no way man, MTG's where all the b*tches are at

/extreme sarcasm

ETA: when i say MTG, i mean Magic: The Gathering, NOT monkey trigonometric gallbladder or anything else
edit on 11-2-2012 by AuirOverrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

yeah, i have to bus out to my store and my bank account is shrinking as i don't have a job right now, but the experience is worth it.

and what, good sir, is Frank and Sons?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

yeah, i have to bus out to my store and my bank account is shrinking as i don't have a job right now, but the experience is worth it.

and what, good sir, is Frank and Sons?

It's a massive warehouse / "collectible show", which has people selling.. freaking everything. Comic books, cards, old video games (NES games, etc), posters, wall scrolls, clothes, knives, hats, models, costumes.. Everything a nerd could dream of. They also have a large area with desks where you can play with random people or friends, and dozens of 'stands' with people selling cards. They trade, too. Great prices.

I believe it's only out here in Southern California.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

where exactly can i find one?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

where exactly can i find one?

I believe the only one in existence is located in the City of Industry, in Southern California. You can check out the website for the exact address. Definitely worth checking out if you plan on visiting this state or live nearby.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AuirOverrun

By far my favorite color is blue. I love blue/white artifact combos and blue black zombie boost from innistrad. I tried running a grimgrin ooze combo to make and infinity/infinity with mana drop from heartless summoning but i couldnt ever get the set up to work right

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Got into it during Mirrodin block, played until Time Spiral. No favorite color here, and when it comes to decks I love my 'Thopter'. Ornithopter for the win, costs 0 and throw a few Cranial Plating on him and he goes from a 0/2 flyer to something much bigger. Then if worse comes to worse I sac him and use Shrapnel Blast to finish them off for 5.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Good to see a thread here!

I had a small collection of cards from years back, (for drawing/writing ideas/inspiration, I've never played the game in RL before. Also I'm quite a geek so I just liked the cards anyway.) and for some reason this year started wanting to know more about the game, so got some more cards, and also Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 for the PC.

Well I'm totally addicted now. Have played Duels quite a bit, starting with Jace's deck, because Jace is my fave planeswalker and I love blue decks for the abilities they have. Anyway, used some other decks after that and have just unlocked most of Tezzeret's deck, and just had my best game yet, it actually made me laugh quite a bit. Here's a screenie from the end of it :

I think poor Garruk was in a spot of bother there.

Planning on getting MTGO next and even if I never play in RL, think I'll be collecting the cards anyway, am pretty sure it's by far the greatest strategy game I've ever played. And I've not even tried making my own decks yet! But I've been researching online (quite a bit actually.....even working out what deck you want to use without playing is kind of addicting itself!) and can't wait to get MTGO and start playing with whatever deck I end up making. (probably Blue/Green/Artifact, including Elves, Wurmcoil Engine's and Eldrazi!)

Completely brilliant game.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join