It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone play MTG???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
looking for some discussion 'cause i'm bored and i want to see who on here does.

so yeah.....

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AuirOverrun

Never played Machinegun Toting Gremlins.

Is it any good??

edit on 11-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh

Never played Machinegun Toting Gremlins.

Is it any good??

edit on 11-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

Dude, get with the program. He's obviously talking about Malevolent Tarot Gumdrops.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
you guys are both wrong.

im talking about Malevolent Triangular Ghost

actually shouldve specified, talking about magic the gathering, derp >.<

ETA: you got the malevolent part right though

edit on 11-2-2012 by AuirOverrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Doh!! I should have known that actually.. lol.. *werps!*

Never played it... alas its one of those thinking games.. I think? Or do I? *I do.. shhh* .. no I don't tho..

if I can't point at it and blow it up, it becomes something I have to invest time in.

and I have the attention span of

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I do. I've been an on and off player for about 10 years. Favorite color?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonic

when i first started i was really into blue black. Now i dont like black as much but im still a big fan of blue.

in my last two booster drafts i played blue white, i think its really fun in Innistrad block (and so is blue green mill yourself)

your colour?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
On the subject, nobody get MTG: Tactics on Steam. It's sh!t.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

LOL funny guy

its a thinking game yes, but its really fun when youre stupid (not saying you're stupid, just implying it
) and just playing casually (or so ive heard, i wouldnt know ive got tons of smarticles)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuirOverrun
reply to post by mainidh

LOL funny guy

its a thinking game yes, but its really fun when youre stupid (not saying you're stupid, just implying it
) and just playing casually (or so ive heard, i wouldnt know ive got tons of smarticles)

Me Stupid??

I AM SO.. Wait, I mean I AM NOT!!

I'm just easily confused by .. things.. especially if it involves using a keyboard. I'd build myself a 101button mouse if I could handle the fact I'd only ever use 2. Buttons that is..

All my smarticles melted in the great brain fry of 1986.. lol

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

thank god i wasnt alive when that happened. my heart goes out to you and all those others ):

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I recently started playing about a month ago. I was hanging out with some friends in a hot tub, and one of them asked her boyfriend if he wanted a quick game of MTG.. I had heard about it before but asked to watch and learn, and quickly grasped the concept.

The next night I played my first game, a fatal five way, and won. I was using my friend's Stromgald Scourge deck. I played with it for a few days, and constantly won, against people who had been playing for 5 years+.

It wasn't until a few days after that I purchased an Illusionary Might deck, which they said suited me and my playstyle. Honestly.. Yea, I have a lot of fun with it. Countering people is so satisfying..

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I do I do!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

reply to post by mainidh

thank god i wasnt alive when that happened. my heart goes out to you and all those others ):

Ahhh back then, we didn't even notice it. I think that's why we kept trying

I say we, I mean me... and by that I mean us. Ohhh there I go again, making communities out of thin air..

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

wow thats weird, i got a bunch of my friends into it while talking about it in a hot tub

Since youve only played for a month, have you done any booster drafts or sealed tournaments? Or do you even know what they are?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
I recently started playing about a month ago. I was hanging out with some friends in a hot tub, and one of them asked her boyfriend if he wanted a quick game of MTG.. I had heard about it before but asked to watch and learn, and quickly grasped the concept.

The next night I played my first game, a fatal five way, and won. I was using my friend's Stromgald Scourge deck. I played with it for a few days, and constantly won, against people who had been playing for 5 years+.

It wasn't until a few days after that I purchased an Illusionary Might deck, which they said suited me and my playstyle. Honestly.. Yea, I have a lot of fun with it. Countering people is so satisfying..

Hmmm..

*gets out of hot tub full of hot chicks, to go play on the computer*

I am not so sure I did it all wrong in hindsight now?!!

edit on 11-2-2012 by mainidh because: tube tub, either way you're wet!!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

How long have you been playing? myself, i started out by going to the new phyrexia pre release.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I've been playing for 10-11 years, Invasion era.
I havn't played in a while, I miss Friday night magic !

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

wow thats weird, i got a bunch of my friends into it while talking about it in a hot tub

Since youve only played for a month, have you done any booster drafts or sealed tournaments? Or do you even know what they are?

Ha, what a coincidence.

And no, I haven't done either. My friends talked about possibly joining a tournament for money, but they all agreed the only one who would have a chance is me, lol. Oddly enough though, I've felt burned out playing, which is usually the case when I get shiny new toys. I grow out of them quickly -_- Perhaps it has something to do with playing against my friends' Godsire deck ALL THE TIME.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

If youre getting bored of magic, you should definitely go to a local store on Friday nights. playing the same decks over and over with the same people is nowhere near as fun as making your own deck in an hour from 3 or 6 boosters and then playing with different people.

If you don't know where these events are held:
ww2.wizards.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join