It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity: What's the 'catch'?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by NewAgeMan

....and shows the way to the gatefold (which is Christ himself at the door)
Jesus Christ is NOT "at the door" as you said, Christ IS THE DOOR. And you must enter in THROUGH HIM to be saved. There is a HUGE difference. Your way teaches religion gets you to heaven. Mine teaches salvation is in a PERSON.

John 10:7 "Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep."

Of course you might have just made a small typing error, or lacking Biblical knowledge. I hope....

Yes, he is the whole door, that`s what I meant.

I hope youve gone in yourself, through it, into him, and into his domain of new freedom adn possibility (pasture), and if not I would glady invite or encourage you to do just that, for enjoyment, as as a place of repose, from which you can freely come and go. Just when youre there, please don`t use swords or blunt objects to prevent others from also freely coming and going, `cause then where`d we be..

The door is open where ever Christ is represented, and so we as Christians are doormen, gentlemen, so please forgive me that `scattering of God`s sheep comment`that was harsh, but its him we are being led to, and once there, what else IS there to do BUT go in!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Yes the door is open for all. Knock and He will answer!

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

reply to post by NewAgeMan

Oh really eh, it's not to redeem God's creation, for a new heaven and a new earth which includes the brotherhood of man in a family framework, when God comes to live with his people and be their God..?

oh man, I wish you hadn't said that
Your statement is true in a sense....but do you have ANY idea HOW God brings about this scenario? By CUTTING, KILLING, and completely destroying over 4 billion people on this earth....and that is just during the tribulation and second advent! DO you have any idea what takes place when God destroys this world and creates a new one? What exactly do you think happens to the people still on this planet when God is ready to make a new one after the millennium....? I'll give you a hint: ZECHARIAH 14:12 and 2 Peter 3:10-12

It's to tear us all apart and make us hate the world (even the creation), while waiting anxiously to DIE, ok, whatever you say Bible dude.
The Bible isn't to tear Christians apart...its to tear NATIONS apart. Why you think the Bible is banned in so many different nations. Heck, there is a whole government form (Communism) based on getting rid of anything to do with the Bible. Our government has followed suit through out the 60's till now. But I'll leave you alone if you are really a Christian. I don't want you to get over loaded. Keep feeding on milk for now my friend. Come back for meat when you are ready.

1 PETER 2:2
"As newborn babes, desire the sincere MILK OF THE WORD, that ye may grow thereby:"

If people really knew what was in the Bible and what was about to happen....everyone would go stock crazy mad. Men's hearts would fail them from fear just thinking about it. It terrifies me to be honest.
Thankfully I will not be earth bound when this takes place.

And that was precisely the point, don`t you see, and the reason the angel of God let all that be recorded, to test out mettle and see what we`re really made of, in terms of our awareness and understanding of God, and in particular what was accomplished at the cross. I KNOW that God isn`t a destroyer, but it really puts everyone through the ringer, including `the nations` the Revelation of John, but are you also familiar with the HEALING of the nations part, and the tree of life, and the flowing water of life for all who thirst. Revelations is a trap read forward, but a joke read backwards, and you didn`t get it, but that`s ok, no worries, but my God isn`t like that and wouldn`t DO it, just freak everyone out enough that it might provoke a change of heart - too many dogs piled up, they need time to prepare themselves, so that all dogs go to heaven!

I`ve had an actual encounter, not too long ago, which verifies for me that something novel is in the works, a new creation, as a possibility, although of course all that death and destruction still remains an option for God, for whom I guess all options still on the table..! You see, it`s perfect, goads us, to get to the END of that whole part of the story, and allow heaven to begin to come to the world, even if it takes a while. Once the beast is in the thicket and sacrificed, then it`s a whole new ballgame, and once Babylon has fallen (which in my experience it has indeed), then the system is fresh and new ie: flowing water of life, tree of life, bride and spirit, the whole magnificent kit and caboodle.

And yeah, you`re damn right I`ve asked God not to let loose on us like that, but to help us get to the end part.

To you that`s an act of sacriledge, to believe God to be that merciful, but from my perspective you just don`t have a full appreciation for the depths of God`s own sense of humor, and eternal wisdom.

edit on 14-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I myself would be willing to come back here for countless lifetimes if need be to see to it, in whatever way I can, that that doesn`t happen and that we do get to the last two pages of the Bible for a new creation, a new heaven and a new earth. In my experience, heaven is now good to go, and just waiting on us to make the next move, so there`s another terrible predicament, at a whole other level! You see, there`s no end to God`s sense of humor.. or his Justice, and Mercy, the opened door is TALL, that`s the `scary` part, for ``the nations`` (my apostraphe isn`t working properly!), even worse than separation, left piled up as dogs, or facing some sort of massive global catastrophe, but the very HEIGHT of Justice and Mercy, universally! Oh my!
So I guess it gets even worse, not better, depending entirely on your point of view, and where you presently sit in the `hieararchy`! Talk about a heavy load ot bear, when from he who has, more will be asked of him!

Rich men will indeed walk away very very SAD indeed, and the sorrow awaiting the Pharisees, utterly devastating if they don`t heed the possibility, that we CAN get through revelations unscathed. It prompts immediate changes in policy, and the entire historical narrative, at all levels, yet all in God`s good care and under his eternally watchful gaze, from EVERY angle and perspective, that`s the catch! So it`s both a great celebration and a horror story both at the same time, depending on who you are, and we`re all mortal and we all breath the same air!

So we`re damned if we do, damned if we don`t but whatever it is, we`d better get cracking in a hurray because time is always of the essence, and the whole universe is WATCHING! Oh no! What do we DO, what do we DO, ahhhhh!!!!

It`s bad, but it`s good, but it could be terrible we just don`t know, and cannot know for sure, maybe a nexus of universal judgement has already passed through us all, a month and a half ago, we can`t be sure!! But if Babylon HAS fallen, then we can be sure that something of profound significance HAS taken place, both out there and right here at home.

NAM, reporting..
February 13, 2012

But oh if they are continuing in their shinannigans, under a new type of karmic law, wow, wouldn`t want to be a consciously aware evil person these days, because they could end up in very deep # for the very choices they`re making every day, today, and tomorrow., the pressure is on the PTB, both from the bottom up, and, from the top down, and something`s moving through the whole system now and I`m pretty sure they realize that the jig is up as they say, so why not have a change of heart and DO a jig insteadÉ (damn question mark isn`t working either!)

edit on 14-2-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical

. . . the life, death, burial, and resurrection of a PERSON, Christ Jesus.

So how is all that applied . . if not through a system?

It's applied through Jesus' work on the cross, He isn't a system, He's a person.

It is a system, as described by Paul.

Paul says we are justified by way of Christ and then cleansed and washed by His Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 6:11) And btw, he was addressing carnal Christians at Corinth who were having sex with each other randomly, suing each other, and getting drunk on communion wine.

Just the facts as you laid out does nothing in itself.

You missed the point, salvation isn't found in a system you follow, it's found in a person you trust, Christ Jesus.

edit on 14-2-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

. . . It's applied through Jesus' work on the cross . . .

Now you are just being redundant because you already included death in your earlier list of facts.
Repeating words don't do anything in themselves.
edit on 14-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

. . . It's applied through Jesus' work on the cross . . .

Now you are just being redundant because you already included death in your earlier list of facts.
Repeating words don't do anything in themselves.

I assumed it was pretty redundant as well, but you're the one who asked how it "was all applied".

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Sorry, I've been away for a few days and just got back last night (while also going to bed with the flu), but I wanted to answer this question in particular from the 2nd page.

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Lionhearte

What does it mean to "believe" in Jesus?

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

I believe this is in reference to the day when all of mankind, from the very beginning, stands before God. Even Atheists will call God, "Lord", but not all of them will enter.. only the forgiven, only those who carried out the will of the Father.

As for verse 22, I wondered if this is in reference to pastors, or people, who claim to do these things with the power of God, but seek glory only for themselves; possibly false prophets?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

you going to get in on this? or you just sitting back and enjoying the post counts? P.s....do you really not need to go to church? and do you really not need to pat tithes? Is that a "catch" to you? Or are you just doing what YOU want to do? Do as thou wilt?

I'm going to read them all, when I left home a few nights ago it was on page 2.. I got about 7 pages to read and catch up on haha; but to answer your questions, the two most important commandments are; love God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. Then love your neighbor as you love yourself.

So, do I "need" to go to church, pay tithes, help the poor, etc? No, no one does.. it's what is in our hearts that matter. If you do those things, it's certainly helpful and you would be blessed - if you do it because you genuinely want to help, not because "Oh I'll donate and get some blessings going on here."

Definitely not a catch to me, but seem people view it as such. Hence it drives people away from "religion", or rather, Christianity. They do not want to believe, because they don't want to change.

Lastly.. I would say I am indeed doing what *I* want to do, as to WHAT I'm doing is what's in question. Am I out drinking and getting high with friends every weekend? No. Am I serving the Lord to the best of my ability by carrying my cross daily, and attending "Church" (that's in my living room) with my family?

Well, we try, but I can certainly try much, much harder

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Many reasons , Jesus never said he was god . Only interpertations of verses like John which are taken out of context.

I do not believe god needs a son , why not daughter , uncle , or aunt ? Seems pretty selfish that god choses a boy as his "son" and divine touch no?

Many verses in the bible show jesus god are seperate things , but christians put them together based of man made ideologies of trinity.

lastly i don't believe god would send his son on a suicide mission .
Many verses which have Jesus plainly stating "I and the Father are one." (John 10:30), are taken out of context? Though it is true most of the verses where he claims he is the Father are in John, there are still cases elsewhere; (Matthew 27:43) He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, 'I am the Son of God.'"

If God chose to have a daughter; you would say, 'why not a Son?', if He chose an Uncle, you would say, "why not an Aunt?" Does it really matter "why" in the first place?

And why wouldn't God send his Son on a suicide mission? He knew he was going to resurrect in 3 days, so what's the loss? None, actually. There was no defeat; only victory - as Jesus lives, and so do those who believe in Him.

John 11:49 - One of them, named Caiaphas, who was High Priest that year, said, 'What fools you are! (50) Don't you realize that it is better for you to have one man die for the people, instead of having the whole nation destroyed?'

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

So, do I "need" to go to church, pay tithes, help the poor, etc? No, no one does.. it's what is in our hearts that matter. If you do those things, it's certainly helpful and you would be blessed - if you do it because you genuinely want to help, not because "Oh I'll donate and get some blessings going on here."

Helping those in need should be a duty. Don't try to use your beliefs as an excuse to avoid helping the poor.

edit on 14-2-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Helping those in need should be a duty. Don't try to use your beliefs as an excuse to avoid helping the poor.

If helping the downtrodden feels like a "duty" it's not being done in love.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

. . . Christ said He never knew them.

But they knew him, and preached in his name . . so what is your point?

They preached in the name of "the Lord", or god. Or in other words, these people who are saying this have already acknowledged Jesus is Lord, or "God". Everyone who ever thought they did something for "god", whichever one they thought existed, will be saying that.

Christians are not at that judgment, Christians are judging fallen angels at that judgment. We can't be both "on trial" and "Judge and jury" at the same time. Just like when he told His disciples, "Someday when people kill you they will think they are doing God a favor."

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

How about doing it to keep the second "commandment". Can you really separate it from "love"?
Do you do it out of "love" or because the second commandment tells you so?
edit on 14-2-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Where do you find your evidence to support divorcing the two?

Because there is a difference between what a person needs to do to be saved, and what saved people should do. And secondly, back it up, on what scriptural grounds do you have to marry Justification and Sanctification in the first place?

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

How about doing it to keep the second "commandment". Can you really separate it from "love"?
Do you do it out of "love" or because the second commandment tells you so?

Yes, it's either done as an act of worship, out of love, or it's done as an act of behavior modification bordering on an act of witchcraft. (Attempting to turn the favor of God in your direction by deed, chant, or ritual)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

there are still cases elsewhere; (Matthew 27:43) He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, 'I am the Son of God.'"

This was while he was on the cross . and what people are saying about him.

In Matthew 27:43, while Jesus hangs on the cross, the Jewish leaders mock him to ask God help, "for he said, I am the Son of God", referring to the claim of Jesus to be the Son of God.

Jesus already knew he was going to die , so did god . Suicide mission . Another reason why i don't believe in the cruxifiction . If you were god , or son of god , would you not make it clear in many biblical verses ? instead of playing the riddle and parabole game where any tom dick and harry can come along and interpt it anyway they wish?

Seems like god is asking for trouble with the bible huh? Maybe he enjoys the mass confusion he has caused. Sick god . i would never worship.

This is why the god of the bible is not a god , but satan's illusion to trick people to idolize jesus . By the looks of this thread its working.

Christianity is based on the Crucifixion . Without that , there would be no christianity ... plain and simple.

All the salvation nonsense lay upon the ressurection of one man. Which didn't happen . So whom was on the cross you say ...?

Does it really matter "why" in the first place?

No it doesn't matter . But when christians come to me and tell me to accept jesus as my lord and savoir , i'll say nope. I worship this rock instead. If they ask why ...

i'll say does it really matter "why"

And why wouldn't God send his Son on a suicide mission? He knew he was going to resurrect in 3 days, so what's the loss? None,

lol , god is all powerful , all divine , can ressurect him back in 3 days!

Yet he can't come with a better plan instead of sending his "son" on a suicide mission?

does your god you believe in not have a imagination ? I could think of a 1000's different ways of making the same statement
as he did with "jesus"

way more creative ways , and less violent ways. But i guess god of the bible is to blood thirsty and gets his jollys off with violence death blood shed and family sacrafices?

why would anyone in the right mind worship this type of god? who uses his own son for political and religious statements?

Will you send your son on a suicide mission today ?

actually. There was no defeat; only victory - as Jesus lives, and so do those who believe in Him.

actually its pretty much defeat. Christians are not liked , they are one of the biggest hippocrates , they don't practice what they preach and full of double standards.

What burden you have left humanity Oh jesus christ. I hope you can come back and straighten out these christians who have made up there own conclusions , and dare point fingers and tell others they are going to hell.

John 11:49 - One of them, named Caiaphas, who was High Priest that year, said, 'What fools you are! (50) Don't you realize that it is better for you to have one man die for the people, instead of having the whole nation destroyed?

I'm actually more of a fan of this quote.

The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the father. Every man shall be put to death for his own sin. [Deuteronomy 24:16]

I don't need someone else dying for my sins.

If i am infront of god , and he says i can go to heaven. and he turns out to be the god of the bible.

i would reject his heaven. and tell him to keep it .

the bible god is not one i wanna ever be friends with.

Which is why i believe you got the wrong idea of god

edit on 14-2-2012 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Self appointed st paul had the right idea

"And if Christ has not been raised, then all our preaching is useless, and your faith is useless"

cor 15-14

your basing all your faith is on a ressurection . Something we can't do today , or have seen . But you will put all your heart and soul into the devils tricks.

the greatest trick the devil ever played was.....

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Oh I see. So your saying im suppose to confess 'Jesus is lord' eh? Well you should maybe research your pagan name and your pagan idols (like the cross) before making such claims.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord (G2962) Jesus (G2424), and shalt believe in thine heart that God (G2316) hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

G2962 - kyrios - κύριος
Root Word (Etymology)
From kuros (supremacy)

1) he to whom a person or thing belongs, about which he has power of deciding; master, lord
a) the possessor and disposer of a thing
1) the owner; one who has control of the person, the master
2) in the state: the sovereign, prince, chief, the Roman emperor
b) is a title of honour expressive of respect and reverence, with which servants greet their master
c) this title is given to: God, the Messiah

www.blueletterbible.org...

G2424 - Iēsous - Ἰησοῦς
Root Word (Etymology)
Of Hebrew origin יְהוֹשׁוּעַ (H3091)

Jesus = "Jehovah is salvation"
1) Jesus, the Son of God, the Saviour of mankind, God incarnate
2) Jesus Barabbas was the captive robber whom the Jews begged Pilate to release instead of Christ
3) Joshua was the famous captain of the Israelites, Moses' successor (Ac. 7:45, Heb. 4:8)
4) Jesus, son of Eliezer, one of the ancestors of Christ (Lu. 3:29)
5) Jesus, surnamed Justus, a Jewish Christian, an associate with Paul in the preaching of the gospel (Col. 4:11)

Seems to me it says of Hebrew Origin. Sounds like the Messiah is Hebrew, not Latin/Greek or English.

H3091 - Yĕhowshuwa` - יְהוֹשׁוּעַ
Root Word (Etymology)
From יְהֹוָה (H3068) and יָשַׁע (H3467)

Joshua or Jehoshua = "Jehovah is salvation"

1) son of Nun of the tribe of Ephraim and successor to Moses as the leader of the children of Israel; led the conquest of Canaan
2) a resident of Beth-shemesh on whose land the Ark of the Covenant came to a stop after the Philistines returned it
3) son of Jehozadak and high priest after the restoration
4) governor of Jerusalem under king Josiah who gave his name to a gate of the city of Jerusalem

Well wait a minute. Is it Joshua or is it Jehoshua? Is it Jesus or is it Joshua? Is it Yehoshua or is Yahuwshuwah?

Seems to me your name Jesus has no biblical relevance to the true name of the Son of the Most High. So why would you use a translated name that has not even the same sound as the original, nevermind its 2 syllables vs 4 from the original.

So whats it gonna be, Yahuwshuwah or Jesus? Iesous or Jesus? Seems to me you like your false name Jesus cause you can attatch an image to it, the fake one of the messiah that we all have seen. Yet we are not to make any image of the Son or the Father (Exodus 20:4) and of any figure (Deuteronomy 4:16-18)or of the sun moon or stars(Deuteronomy 4:1-19) that you may not be driven to worship them. Yet the church has 'Christ' with a halo on him which is representing the sun. And a graven image (the cross of Tammuz) which is attatched to every church on top of a phallic symbol pointing to the sky! Seems to me your in idol and sun worship under the guise of "Christianity".

My Scriptures read this verse correctly and yours do not. KJV removed the sacred name of the Father and the Son from its text. And replaced it with 'the lord' which means Baal, 'Jesus' whichs means Hail Zeus, and completely removed the Name Yahuwah from the text at least over 6800 times in just the OT alone.

H1168 Baal = lord

Your answers are meaningless. Why would I call on a false name thats only 400 years old, that has nothing to do with a Hebrew Messiah? And yet the 'sus' on the end of Jesus means pig or swine? The word Jesus is LATIN not English.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Etymology of the name Je-sus
by Paul Sides

I want to break down the complete Etymology of the name "Jesus"... you have all come to know me over time, and if you have come to know anything about me, you will know... I intend to leave no stone unturned in my search for the Truth. I fully intend that when my King returns... that I have overthrown every stronghold, every high place, that elevates itself above Yahshua my King. Anything that stands in the way of my salvation and inheritance, with the full intention to run this race to win it! No matter the cost, no matter the consequences personally. And I desire His Truth and to receive every crown and every reward promised to me in His Word. I want the highest placement in His Kingdom to come. The Apostle Paul took the Truth of YHVH and His Messiah Yahshua to a pagan Rome 2000 years ago... and I intend to do that exact same thing today to the best of my ability, the end of time as we know it.

So here we go...

Je
GE or GEO [ME "geo", from.MF& L,from.Gk - "Ge"-"Geo",from "Ge"] EARTH GROUND SOIL (as in) GEO/GRAPHICAL GEO/GRAPHY and GEO/POLITICS (WEBSTER'S SEVENTH NEW COLLEGIATE DICTIONARY)
GE (je,ge) GAEA;GAIA GAEA (Jee),Noun. [Gr.Gaia derived from "Ge", earth] in Greek mythology the earth personified as a goddess ,mother of Uranus the Titans,etc, MOTHER EARTH: identified by the Romans with Tellus: also Gala,Ge. GEO (jeo,jee) [Gr. "geo" derived from gaia,ge, the earth] a combining form meaning earth,as in geo/centric, geo/phyte. (WEBSTER'S NEW WORLD DICTIONARY) [PROPER NAME] GEORGE Gr. georgos means "EARTH WORKER" (DICTIONARY OF FIRST NAMES)

sus
sus, sus N 3 1 NOM S C T, sus N 3 1 VOC S C T sus, suis swine; hog, pig, sow; (Latin-English-Latin Java Dictionary with Whitaker's Wordlist) sus : swine, pig, hog. (Lynn Nelson's Latin=English Dictionary (Hong Kong) sus, -is g.c. nomen animalis (A Latin Dictionary of Saxo Grammaticus (medireview Latin) SWINE [ME fr.OE swin; akin to OHG swin swine LATIN -SUS--more at SOW] 1: any of various stout-bodied short legged omnivorous mammals (family Suidae) with a thick bristly skin and long mobile snout; esp: a domesticated member of the species (Sus Scrofa) that includes the European wild boar-usu.used collectively 2: a contemptible person (Webster's Seventh New Collegate Dictionary)
Conclusion:

Je-SUS = earth pig or earthly swine or BEAST of the Earth... the image of corruptible man, the abominable sacrifice of a pig (Easter Sacrifice of the Earthly Swine named Jesus) that pollutes the alter and renders the Temple of YHVH (man) unfit for service or worship to YHVH, causing the oblation (daily sacrifice) to cease, that sacrifice of the Lamb that was slaughtered before YHVH whose name is Yahshua (Yahweh's Salvation NOT Jesus the son pig sacrifice of Zeus). I.E. the Abominable Sacrifice that Causes the Desolation of the Temple of YHVH, the human body.

www.sabbathcovenant.com...

Seems to me you are in big trouble with the Messiah, blaspheming his name.

Your scripture should read....

Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth the Master יהושוע and believe in your heart that Alahym has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.

Your lack of knowledge of the truth is poor at best. The name of our Messiah was always Yahuwshuwah in the old testament, and is still in the new. He will never change, you cannot change a name of the only brought forth son when you feel like it. To change it brings it to vain, and worthlessness. Keep on calling Jesus and see where it will land you, the lake of fire!

So whats it gonna be? Use the true name that was inspired by Moses/Mosheh by Yahuwah to call Hoshea to Yahuwshuwah, or the name concocted by men in the past 2000 years to 'Jesus'?

Numbers 13:1-3,16 And יהוה spoke to Mosheh, saying,
13:2 “Send men to spy out the land of Kenaʽan, which I am giving to the children of Yisra’ĕl. Send one man from each tribe of their fathers, every one a leader among them.”
13:3 And by the command of יהוה Mosheh sent them from the Wilderness of Paran, all of them men who were heads of the children of Yisra’ĕl.......

13:16 Num 13:16 These are the names of the men whom Mosheh sent to spy out the land. And Mosheh called Hoshĕa the son of Nun, Yahuwshuwa.

Zechariah 6:11 “And you shall take the silver and gold, make a crown, and set it on the head of Yahuwshuwa the son of Yahuwtsaḏaq, the high priest,
Zec 6:12 and shall speak to him, saying, ‘Thus said יהוה of hosts, saying, “See, the Man whose name is the Branch! And from His place He shall branch out, and He shall build the Hĕḵal of יהוה.

Sounds like the name Yahuwshuwah is our High Priest, who will build the temple/Hekal of Yahuwah. Aint no Jesus there.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join