It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Original Demicratic view

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I usually exercise my mind by reading at least an hour a day.Pulled a book from the shelf titled"Aristotle on man in the universe".Here is a script from the political page's.

The mere establishment of a democracy is not the sole or the principal business of the lawgiver,or of those who wish to create such a state:for any state,however badly constituted,may last one,two or three days.A far greater task is the preservation of it.

Do we practice this concept or has it been diluted?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Just an opinion? No, we are not doing a good job of preserving our Republic. Power is being drawn up to higher and higher levels, away from the people. Further, it is becoming concentrated in the hands of a smaller and smaller group of people.

Do the citizens want to keep the Republic? Again, my opinion is no. Fewer citizens are concerned with the liberties provided for us and more are concerned with personal comfort.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Democracy? For us peasant commoners?

The democracy we have of modern times is limited to choices such as either selecting turd-sandwich A, or turd-sandwich B for political candidates...

Or a way-of-life choice such as selecting turd-sandwich-living A, or turd-sandwich-living B...

Or for slaving-your-life-away-to-barely-get-by, you have the choice between turd-sandwich-employer A, or turd-sandwich-employer B... all the way to turd-sandwich-employer Z.

Life and Democracy as we know it in our new world is a wholesome turd-sandwich basically.

It takes GREAT WEALTH to get more outta life than a turd-sandwich.
edit on 11-2-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

I'll buy that for a dollar

Gold coin for you

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
"Lawgiver"? If that's the term Aristotle used, he never understood law.

What is "law"?

top topics

join