It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How will you react in the event of EMP or Massive Solar Flare Event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
You are sitting in your house watching tv or on the internet when all of a sudden the lights go off.
At first you think it is a power outage, but when you try to contact your power company on either landline or cell phone and it is useless what do you think first, computers down, lights out, then you go to your car and try to turn it on and it doesn't work.
Are you ready? Are you prepared? It's bigger than a simple power outage or computer hacked and shut down, it's an EMP (Electronic Magnetic Pulse) event either from enemy or a powerful CME, (Solar Flare)( well at least the car would work in a CME event) . Now what? Whats the plan?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Transcend reality?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I have a well and a cistern, I have lots of wood, I always have a garden and we can foods and store dried goods. And I have lots of books yet to read. I live in an area where we know our neighbors in this semi-isolated area and we pull together when any of us face adversity. We will last for a while.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Try to stay away from the rioters and looters.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Already moved out to the rural area, family member in healthcare, I have enough skills/education to get/treat water. Heirloom garden on 1/2 acre in the back and aquaponics coming up this spring. Besides that, building on the food larder and going to be making a root cellar in the back. Anyone have any good plans for one? Plus, I have worked in the battery biz and have the knowledge to either build/piece together sustainable power.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Stay inside....and read books by candlelight ....eat stored foods....visit with neighbors and friends. Meditate...do yoga and try not to panic.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

First of all,being in charge i would calm everyone down.Then i would batten down all the hatches and get the candle's out along with the long rifle from the attic.Nobody knows i have been prepping for a while.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Well since everyone is staying at home or running away... I'll be going outside... looting some crap... or "salvaging", whatever you want to call it.

If you want the battery of your bmw back, its going to cost ya!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
lol idk... good question
edit on 11-2-2012 by shadowreborn89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
AFter i quit laughing ill prob find something to eat. Maybe play some checkers! haha

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Take inventory of our pantry, visit the local small town grocery store before it gets stormed. Light some candles and have a shot. Once it reaches that point, its all downhill from there. So I'd take the time to enjoy myself before the chaos ensues.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I would react just like Sean and Ed from "Sean of the Dead" when the first zombie walks in the house while they were watching TV.

"Ararrarrrrrhgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!, he's got an arm off!!!"

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I thought only the older cars would work? Newer computerized cars wouldn't work would they?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
I thought only the older cars would work? Newer computerized cars wouldn't work would they?

Apparently older cars that don't have tiny micro-electronics would be ok.

I drive a 5 ton at work, and the last week, the alternator went, and I was talking to another guy, and he said two of their trucks lost alternators last week. And the battery light on mine, keeps coming on, going off, but just about an hour per day.

NASA said there were solar storms and I am thinking well, something is happening maybe. But you would think that lots of people would be having that problem not just me and a couple other people.

But you know I hardened a box, and I am keeping my delicate electornics in there. I have 2 pc tablets, and one ereader in there, 3 cam corders including a 3D one, a grundig shortwave radio, 2 portable ham radios, (handy talkies,) a home patrol 1 scanner, and 3 portable harddrives, with a lot of survivlal based data, like ebooks and that and I don't want to lose any of those things to EMP or solar flare/solar storm.

I will show you how I hardened the box.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join