It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Santorum Declares war on Heavy Metal music

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The last time I checked its 2012 hes a little far behind on the times.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

oh hell why not... more heavy metal to add to the mix

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Rick Santorum is against fictional violence expressed in an artistic way, but is for real violence and war. Christian logic

Anyone notice that the candidates are coming out against dumb things instead of attacking one another anymore? It's like they're trying not to muddy the waters for themselves & keep as many of them in the race as long as possible (so it's not Romney Vs Paul)
edit on 11-2-2012 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Even funnier is that he recommends pat boone who seems to be a fan of the hard stuff.

EDIT to add: is this article even real? can anyone find the gallop poll about heavy metal music?

edit on 11-2-2012 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by KwisatzHaderach

Even funnier is none of those bands he's mentioned are even relevant anymore.Wasp?Venom? Seriously? That article has to be a joke

ETA : From the article "However, many commentators believe that his call for metal internment camps goes too far. Santorum has openly advocated the forced re-education of metalheads. They would be forced to endure 30 days of non-stop “values based” music that promotes the American way of life as well as the free market. In order to leave, they will have to sing the chorus to at least one Celine Dion song."

Metal internment camps? hahahaha. You've all been had

edit on 11-2-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Give me five minutes alone with this prick and he'll change his mind.

I see you had your mind all made up you group of
Pitiful liars. Before I woke to face the day, your master
Plan transpired. -Something told me- this job has more to
Meet the eye. My song is not believed? My words some-
What deceiving? Now I'm unwhole.

You've waged a war of nerves
But you can't crush the kingdom

Can't be what your idols are. Can't leave the scar.
You cry for compensation. I ask you please just give us...

5 minutes alone

I read your eyes, your mind was made up. You took me for
A fool. You used complexion of my skin for a counter
Rascist tool. -You can't burn me- I've spilled my guts out
In the past. Taken advantage of 'cause you know where

I've come from. My past.
You've waged a war of nerves
But you can't crush the kingdom

Can't be what your idols are. Can't leave the scar.
You cry for compensation. I ask you please just give us...

edit on 11-2-2012 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Read the article,not just the headline

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

It's f*cking personal now

second line

--

Metal has been the driving force in my upbringing, i would not be the person i am today without it.

Lil wayne releases a song about bitches, money, guns,STDs etc = good american music
Iced earth release a song about the sleeping of mankind and corrupt government = bad american music

The hell? America was formed by revolutionaries. If anything metal is more american then any other genre.

Picking a fight with metal heads is a bad idea, we have the most dedicated fan base on earth, all be it quite small in comparison to mainstream music

edit on 11-2-2012 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: 2c

edit on 11-2-2012 by BeforeTheHangmansNoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Even funnier is none of those bands he's mentioned are even relevant anymore.Wasp?Venom? Seriously? That article has to be a joke

ETA : From the article "However, many commentators believe that his call for metal internment camps goes too far. Santorum has openly advocated the forced re-education of metalheads. They would be forced to endure 30 days of non-stop “values based” music that promotes the American way of life as well as the free market. In order to leave, they will have to sing the chorus to at least one Celine Dion song."

Metal internment camps? hahahaha. You've all been had

I think the whole web has been had, I see this floating around like wildfire. lol

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

I did. Whats your point?

edit on 11-2-2012 by AnimositisominA because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Hats off to the worlds first openly satanic metal act. They're so original even Sabbath ripped them off, And jinx is hot

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Clearly you didnt...The friggin article is a joke,no need to get the panties in a bunch!!....
5 minutes alone
(which by the way,I do enjoy!)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Indeed
I glanced at the article and noted the source in the op and knew right away it was a joke

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Oh thank Zeus. I think it really shows just how outrageous Santorum's platform is if people actually believe that he would declare war on heavy metal

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The most shocking thing about this is how many ATS users have taken the bait of this obvious bit of satire hook, line and sinker.

Are people so desperate to believe bad things about whatever politicians they disagree with that they will swallow any half baked tripe tossed their way no matter how silly and obviously fake it is?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

“If you listen to the radio today, many of these brand new, so-called heavy metal music bands like Black Sabbath, Venom, The WASP and Iron Maiden use satanic imagery to corrupt the minds of young people,”

I'm sure Sabbath, Maiden & WASP will be extremely flattered being called "Brand New" lol

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
lol I swear sometimes the US seem to be living in the dark ages... one witch hunt at a time...

This is ridiculous...

Isn't it crazy? As an American, let me please sum up politicians in my country...

Politician to political aid: "What don't we like today?" "Gays?" "Okay. Gays are evil and destroying America!" "What else can we get behind? Heavy metal music? Great!" "Heavy metal music is evil and destroying America!"

So stupid

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

“If you listen to the radio today, many of these brand new, so-called heavy metal music bands like Black Sabbath, Venom, The WASP and Iron Maiden use satanic imagery to corrupt the minds of young people,”

This guy isn't for real is he? Sabbath has been around for over 40 years? That's "brand new"? This tool is only 4 years older than I am and this metal head says, "Creep out of the 50's dude." Oh, and it's WASP, not The Wasp. Seeing as he brought it up:

I sure as hell hope I'm not seeing the "real me" in Rick. If he's for real here he needs some meds for constipation.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Venom, Sabbath and Maiden are not crap.......And I know plenty of people who listen to it everyday, me included.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Stuff like this has been happening since Black Sabbath first showed up in '70. The religious nuts turned purple. This too shall pass since no one will pay any attention to it, except to remark what an idiot Santorum is.

You probably would not believe the badmouthing the rock critics heaped on Sabbath's first two albums. Trashed them up, down and sideways.

Damn, I'm so old I don't know if I'm a metalhead or a mostlyrustedhead!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join