It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Obama to pitch lower corporate tax

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
With most supporters constantly shouting about unfair tax rates for corporations saying they need to pay more, it sounds like the POTUS is ready to actually LOWER the tax rates for corporations !!!

And pretty soon too.

By Kim Dixon | Reuters – 4 hours ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) President Barack Obama will call for cutting the top 35 percent corporate tax rate as early as this month, according to two sources close to the administration.

The president is likely to propose a rate closer to an average of that seen in peer nations, the sources said.

This would jibe with remarks made last year by Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner, who suggested the United States should be moving to a rate more in line with its major trading partners in the high 20-percent range.

Obama might LOWER corporate tax rate !!

They might claim job creation with this....

or better yet, it will help save jobs because corporations might be in financial trouble !!

What will He do for the rest of us ??

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
He stated this in his speech.....but he also wants to close all tax loopholes...and increase taxes on companies who are outsourcing jobs....tax breaks for those who are hiring americans.

I think it's a good idea.....as i thought many ideas in his speech were great. Can't get everything we want.

Also, most corporations are not paying the 35 percent tax rate.....the average is actually lower than what Mitt Romney pays....it's in the low teens (don't remember the exact number).

Cut out all the loopholes, end breaks for companies that outsource and give some breaks for those who hire americans at a good wage....I'm not going to complain.

We ultimately need to get people working again.
edit on 10-2-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
What an ass clown! Barry has to be....

the WORST.POTUS.EVER!

IRM

join