It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question About Hate For Other Countries

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nocollegeonsunday

Hove Actually

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by azulejo

Darling let me tell you I own a business in your country and I am a proud Immigrant who brings wealth here. I pay taxes with pride because then I don't fell bad about the public services.

I ahve been to 4 continents an my goal is to, at the end of the year go to somewhere I have never been and I am grateful that I can do it.

But, people like you are a small minority. Unfortunately this ignorant hate is growing and it is not stoppable.

You are just a Chavvy chav. I feel bad for you

I have no idea why you are now personally abusing me, I have not used insults against you, but you are using them against me. And you have the nerve to call me a "chav".

There is no hate here, but pride for my nation and people. You wouldn't know about pride for your country as you decided to flee yours. Pathetic.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by azulejo

Azulejo,

Just want to say thank you from an ex-AMERICAN military guy. It was folks like you that took me out for a pint and made sure that I saw and enjoyed your country (Britain) while I was there. Glad I was staying at a local B&B instead of a hotel LOL.

-Zz
edit on 11-2-2012 by Technomancer01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nocollegeonsunday

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Sorry I misspelled a word. It happens.
Glad I didn't meet anyone with such hatred in my time in your country, or in other countries.

It must be really unpleasant to live with such hate. I hope you work it out somehow.

edit on 11-2-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

It must be really unpleasant to know that you come from a country that stitches up, bombs and destroys it's own allies.

Hatred doesn't sum up what I feel about you people

The US government has done many terrible things that I disagree with. But the government does not reflect the opinions or attitudes of the majority of Americans.

It baffles me that you are so proud of your hatred. You seem to think it a badge of honor or a symbol of patriotism. Hate begets hate. Perhaps if you tried to see the good in people you might overcome this.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

You are the one trolling threats and saying how you hate America and there is no hate?

If you got annoyed by that comment it is because the truth hurts. If it wasnt true, you wouldnt get offended.
You call people from Brighton crack heads and gays. And there is no hate in your words?

and I didnt flee my country, I just want to know the world

I think you should think what you say. You are a citizen of the world at the end of the day and you should respect other people and culture.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I think you should think what you say. You are a citizen of the world at the end of the day and you should respect other people and culture.

The only culture that is important is English, the only people who matter are English, and the only country on earth that matters is England. The rest of the world can shaft themselves. I am a citizen of England, first, second and third.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well I'm French, everyone here hates me.

It doesn't matter what I say or do, I could be talking about litter collection in a Parisian arrondissements and someone is guaranteed to pop up and say "well mister surrnder monkey, if it weren't for us, you'd be picking up your litter ... IN GERMAN"

And they'd get hundreds of stars for being clever and I'd go away in a huff (just like national stereotyping, funny that hahaha)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

There you go

Dont ask anything from me then.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity
"well mister surrnder monkey, if it weren't for us, you'd be picking up your litter ... IN GERMAN"

And they would be absolutely right!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LeBombDiggity

oh please!
How come someone hate a lovely French accent. Parisians are a bit rude but as soon as I say: Ca Va bien, vous parlez Anglais un peu, they love me!!! and I understand why they can get a bit annoyed.

I love the French, they have lovely food, culture, wine, people (not so much Parisians), food (did I say food?), music and I loooooooooove Montmartre. and South of France is delicious.

the Eiffel Tower is a bit hidious at night and I dont like is Sarkozy, ohh no.. I dont understand what Carla Bruni saw in him!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

at least they have good food not like your nasty fatty fish and chips or your nasty pies or your nasty sheperd pie..

potato and sausages

Thank God you went to India!!! that saved you culinary options.. by the way that is the most eaten dish in Manchester and probably ENgland, what do you have to say about that?

You must like Indian food

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

One more thing, kinda off topic but I'll share nevertheless. I use ATS in the classroom a lot.

Sorry if this is off topic......but

Thats just awesome.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

at least they have good food not like your nasty fatty fish and chips or your nasty pies or your nasty sheperd pie..

potato and sausages

Thank God you went to India!!! that saved you culinary options.. by the way that is the most eaten dish in Manchester and probably ENgland, what do you have to say about that?

You must like Indian food

Do feel free to return to Venezuela if things here don't suit you. Personally, I really couldn't care less what some immigrant thinks of our food

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You know that`s actually a good question and one I have my own answer for and reasons behind them. But in general it`s the current governments in many countries that make them what they are. Then there is the religions that seem to be a big thing.

Overall I like the people in every country I`ve been to.
Some countries are dirt holes I wouldn`t want to go back to but I think if they had a better government and joining the 20th century they would be worthy. The people are the same all over and like them equally.

The gangs are the same to me as terrorist groups and we have those here in the US.
I`ve often felt that like in Iraq or any of those countries with the terrorist organizations in them I sort of blamed the people for letting them do it right there till I look at the gangs we have here that we let be here the same. Yes the world would be better without them but to what extent is acceptable to get rid of them. Just how many innocent people need to die to stop this from continuing?
Yet if this continues there will always be those innocent people getting killed or just afraid to enjoy life.

Life isn`t a bowl of cherries but it sure doesn`t need to be so bad for so many. So lump all the Corrupted Governments, gangs, Terrorist groups and extreme religions into one place and call it a country that`s the one I`d hate and want turned to glass.

Just where is that easy button?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

This is what I am talking about: hate for the people and culture of a country, simply because of their government. I find it very disturbing.

However, in another of your posts, you specifically state that you feel English people are surperior to all other races and cultures around the world. That anyone who is not English is below your feet.

That has to be the most horrible thing that I've seen posted on this web site so far. And people think that only Americans are "racist". I guess this proves that wrong.

The other sad thing about this is:

I'm a father of 6, and a grandfather to 2. I took careful time to teach all my children that no one is better than anyone else simply because of the color of their skin, country they come from, or their religous beliefs. That if everyone could set aside their preconceptions, that we would all get along.
I heard my oldest daughter telling her daughter the same thing. Made me feel good.
That's because "racism" is taught. It's learned behavour, not something you are born with.

Being proud of your country and a patriot is a wonderful thing. Not liking when others bash your country is understandable. Holding the people in a country for their government's actions is not wonderful thinking. It instead shows the inability to recognize that just because leaders of a government act like Smeg Heads doesn't mean that the people there are also Smeg Heads:

Elephants are grey. Therefore, anything grey is an elephant.

My ancestors have been here in the US for over 350 years. We were able to trace them all the way back to Scotland circa 800 AD. We also have French ancestors that came over to here back then too. Though the Scot in me is very apparent from the red hair and temper I have (at least a good English friend of mine informed me of such, hehehehe).
I'm proud to be an American, but I'm also proud of my heritage of coming from Europe.
At the same time, I felt very honored to have had the privilage to visit and live in other people's countries and learn many things both from and about them. But never have I ever at anytime felt that I, or my fellow Americans are "better" than any other culture on this planet.

Good lord no. I mean, the majority of us here are made up FROM all those other cultures! How in the world could we be better than them?

However, it's sad to see this hatred still alive and well. I'd always hoped that as time goes on, people like nocollegeonsunday would change, or at least not spread their racism. But it's alive and well, and makes me loose hope for our world.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Dont suit me? Im living well off from my own sweat! Good old Cameron must be proud!

No, I will probably go somewhere in Europe!

I personally havent heard the first English man/woman being proud of their national dishes unless it include Chicken Korma whcih by the way does not exist in India so it is officially a British Curry.

You really cant take a joke, can you? Very sensitive. I bet you are under 18.

edit on 11-2-2012 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just to reply the post.

I just didnt think it was necessary as if anyone has a problem with culture and different people then they are in big trouble!

I am in a job where I treat people from different nationalities every day. from Chileans to Saudis to Koreans and turkish and I love it. I think it has make my stay in England a lot more enjoyable.

Funny thing is that culture does stand out and I can tell now a Korean from a Japanese just by the way they talk English and their mannerism. You also need to be cultural aware because you wouldn't be able to make the same joke to different nationalities, or you wouldnt talk the same to all of them. Each nationality with their culture is quite unique and I think it is so wonderful what each one has to offer to the world.
Everyday I learn some interesting fact about a country and that makes such a difference everyday.

When they pay for something, it is good to recieve the money from Japanese and Koreans with both hands and even make a little bow with your head. It is just cortesy and they love when you are aware of it.
I have learn how to say hi, how are you, thank you and bye in about 10 different languages and it is very important in my job.

Of course, there is.. differences from my culture, the culture I live in and the cultures I encounter but you have to take everything into account and put yourself in their situation.

I tell you about one situation that happened here and I am just sharing ,I am not asking for anyone opinion because I know some people will freak out.

In Saudi Arabia (this will probably wont help their image here but heck) it is very unlikely you will meet an openly gay person, it is against the law there. Obviously, they (goverment) have raised the country to believe this is normal so for Saudis it is normal to be hetero and everything else is wrong. It is an unfortunate belief that the goverment has spent a lot of time (and money) to inculcate in people's head.
Anyways, I met some of them and I took them around Brighton as a day trip. I completely forgot Pride was happening and there was a lot of attention to the gay guys. I personally love Brighton Pride, it is fun, amazing electronic music and a great vibe (before 8pm) but oh my, this Saudis flipped!

"We should take them and burned them"

I got so paranoid for anyone to hear! I didn't get all annoyed with them because I understand their side but I said: "Well Said (his name), In England it is legal to be gay and Pride is a dedicated day to 'being pride' specially for the LGBT communities everywhere in Europe so it is pretty normal here. if you dont want to see it, lets go somewhere else but try not to say this outloud because the one who would go to jail would be you" He understood and we moved on.
No one heard.

I couldnt help the chuckle and this is the kind of thing that I love about my job. Cultural shock its a funny thing.

edit on 11-2-2012 by azulejo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Technomancer01

Darling, Im not British! I am Venezuelan expat living in England for a while now.

But thanks for your message. I am glad you had the right people taking you around this beautiful country. Good old pubs, aye!

Local B&B are great too! If you come back here, anytime I can help as I am in the tourism industry

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Nocollegeonsunday is a peculiar sort of person. Obviously, he isn't aware that Britain has gone, and is rapidly going, to the dogs. Not much to be proud of anymore these days, son...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
English people are surperior to all other races and cultures around the world. Anyone who is not English is below your feet.

That was the only part of your post that I bothered to read, because it is the only part of your statement I agree with.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join