It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollow Earth Theory New Evidence.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Shangri-la was a place mentioned in the novel Lost Horizon by James Hilton. It was an idyllic place where people were said to live incredibly long lives. Supposedly, several actual expeditions were taken to locate underground entries in Tibet. Lore spoke of underworld societies with their own 'sun'. Vast resources were maintained and a utopian world was hidden from the outside/above world. Of course, this story is fiction.

What is curious is how the author took myth and history and created Shangri-la. The story mentions the location as being in a valley. Not under the earth.

There are many supposed portals into lower earth. Mt. Shasta might have one. Adm. Byrd being attacked by a Nazi flying disc might have some explanations pending. In his attack, did the disc have a swastika on its exterior?

Was there a visible clue to explain how the disc might have been Nazi of origin?

Riddles upon riddles.

Hollow earth? Iffy answer, so, I will wait until the jury is back in. The fence, I will ride.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LonelyGuy

Who says all stars have to give off heat?

Cold star no hotter than a summers day

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LonelyGuy
Who ever thinks there is a star in the earth needs to get their heads examined now. because if that were true we would all be melting.

Unless there is insulating material we are not aware of between here and the inner star. Over six thousand km deep of earth has never been seen by man. Remote observation could be inaccurate if there are substances or conditions we haven't anticipated that could throw them off. I would posit that you should take the time to look inward if you cannot fathom more than one model for our inner planet as plausible, rather than suggest those who have the ability to do so need to be checked out

edit on 11-2-2012 by SpencerGR because: Missed a word! Oops!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
So if the 80% of the earth is hollow and theres life on the inside where does the lava come from and what keeps it hot?

Also how do you account for the level of gravity we have on the planet. Without all the mass of the earth what keeps the water from floating into space?

you and your logic. Pfft. Notice how not a single rational answer can be given to such fundamental questions? "theories" like "Hollow Earth" are, in my opinion, a result of sheer boredom and an unfortunate lack of education.
edit on 11-2-2012 by PrimePorkchop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by User8911

The poles? That's highly coincidental considering the Russians have just broken through into Vostok, Could be another conspiracy arising here. What if, and this is a pretty big if, Lake Vostok isn't just a sub-glacial lake? We should start looking into this, might find something interesting.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tpaine1809

Haven't you not Google Chrome so it will translate for you? And otherwise it must be enough to search for the Bibleverses to know about what is written... unless you you have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Otherwise it must be crap to you. And you will never understand it!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraDOSEcious
If Earth is hollow, how do we measure earthquakes through it? We can even measure the density of different layers of the Earth based on the amount of time it takes for the waves to travel through the Earth. The P-waves of earthquakes can't travel through air, yet can be measured on the other side of the planet, hence solid Earth.
edit on 11-2-2012 by UltraDOSEcious because: jusmembered

It is not know for certain, why the core is assumed to produce the EMF It is speculated to be due a ball of iron yet it dissolves at a curie point of 750 degrees C. The Core was speculated from around the mid to late 20th century to be 3000-5000 degrees C...

“There is no way to measure the temperature at the Earth's core directly. We know from mines and drill holes that, near the surface of the Earth, the temperature increases by about 1 degree Fahrenheit for every 60 feet in depth. If this temperature increase continued to the centre of the Earth, the Earth's core would be 100,000 degrees Celsius! But nobody believes the Earth is that hot; the temperature increase must slow down with depth and the core is probably about 3000 to 5000 degrees Celsius. This estimate of the temperature is derived from theoretical modeling and laboratory experiments. This work is very difficult (and speculative) since nobody can reproduce in a laboratory the high temperatures and pressures that exist in the core. Also it is not known exactly what the core is made of.” Grant, www.newton.dep.anl.gov...

The sun is estimated to be only about 6000-7000 degrees on the surface, however, the core's temperature is around 15 million kelvins (27 million degrees Fahrenheit) 14,999,982.222 C

Considering Earth is "believed" to be 1/1,300,000 the size of the sun. Then if it were indeed 100,000 degrees C at its core, the ratio of core intensity by comparison with the Sun's of 14,000,000 degrees C would render the Earth's Core 1/160th The temperature of the Sun's core. Which is a great deal more tahn the mathematical comparison of size difference.

The reason why geo-scientists said that the Earth's core is not 100,000 c is because their beliefs needed to accommodate a magnetic core. This cannot be so if the core is too hot as it will mean the magnetic substance at the core (usually theorised to be a ball of iron and nickel) will therefore be molten liquid and not solid... magnetic currents can only be actively and cohesively conducted by metal that is crystallised.

No seismic waves can be measured in the area considered to be the core, sheer waves (shear mass S-waves) damp out at te lower mantle around 2500kms below the surface and pressure waves (P-waves - like sound acoustics) cease around 5000km down at the "outercore". Surely you have heard thunder in the sky, that's a form of P wave

en.wikipedia.org...

P.S.

its the other way round P waves are pressure waves that travell through the "liquid molten outtercore" because its suposed to be less dense and S-waves are the shear mass that ravel through the completely solid crust and mantle

edit on 11-2-2012 by Spiratio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Believe the threads that last 8 pages? This one should have ended here.

What do you guys think about the theory? No need to call me crazy or anything ignorant. I am no scientist

I haven't read a single post on this thread, and none should ever have been made. (At least by a cognitive mind)

Grow up people!

Hollow earth is more of a hollow idea than the minds that consider such. Good job!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is one of the worst threads I've ever seen on ATS.

Some unknown guy comes along and says "I'm no scientist, but everything that hardworking, intelligent scientists have discovered is wrong."

No. You are wrong.

Go study at MIT for 7 years, get a PhD in astrophysics, and then come back and tell us something worthwhile.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Next part coming in about 2 hrs. To the skeptics that continue to use bad science to try to debunk; If you didn't do the experiment yourself or have investigated the claim yourself you are in no position to provide any evidence to disprove it. The ideas are based around the idea that modern science is wrong. Using modern science to try to debunk it makes no freaking sense so why waste the time? I will answer as many questions as I can. I want questions but the personal attacks are the utter disregard for an idea will go ignored.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Did Glenn Beck create a meme or something?

1. Use a visual aid
2. Go from one subject to another.
3. At the end, tell people they need to not accept what you've said, they need to research it on their own to come to their own conclusion
(with an implied #4, which is that most people will not go investigate what you've said, leaving the path easiest traveled, just to accept what was presented as fact).

As far as what that guy said, are we to assume that all planets have to come from dying stars? Is that the implication? Or, at least all planets with plate tectonics? I don't really know how to feel about this...I feel as though an "inner" world would be limiting and create a completely different worldview. Principally that there is nothing to see out in to space. I mean, our worldview is shaped to a large extent by our ability to look outward onto the heavens. If a society of some sentience were to develop in such a closed environment, I would imagine their worldview would be completely different. Not to mention, how do we explain where the lava comes from???

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OldHag

Ahh thank you I will get that.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Also we try to disrespect the knowledge that the ancients passed down to us. Saying things like it is a metaphor for something else. These people were not primitive idiots. It is why we still cannot explain how they built some of their monolithic structures.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The earth is more honey-comb than it is hollow. Could there be life in these honeycombs, sure. However, nothing is "new" in this nor is it it "evidence".

May I edit to further add, very misleading title.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Hiasyouwant because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kristobal

Did Bill Gates go to college? Most of the brilliant minds of our time didn't. I am not saying I am in no way better or more advanced than anyone. It is the mark of an educated man to entertain an idea without accepting it. I see many educated men/women on this site with great responses. However I see this forum littered with mindless drones that quickly dismiss anything out of the ordinary. Why come to a conspiracy site if you are looking for conventional knowledge?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpaine1809
The ideas are based around the idea that modern science is wrong. Using modern science to try to debunk it makes no freaking sense so why waste the time? I will answer as many questions as I can. I want questions but the personal attacks are the utter disregard for an idea will go ignored.

So the only 'science' you will recognize is crazy science? Gotcha.

There's no point trying to help you if you are going to trash modern science. There's a reason why our civilization has microwave ovens, lasers, computers, satellites and a cure for polio. All those things are possible because of the scientific method. And all of them involve things that are hard for a non-trained normal person to understand or visualize. But that doesn't mean that those theories are wrong.

What's more likely? A thousand trained PhD scientists in fields as diverse as geochemistry, seismology, astrophysics, astronomy and engineering are ALL WRONG

OR

One individual with no formal training in any of those subjects disproves everybody from the last 400 years.

That is an incredibly arrogant and nonsensical position to take.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hiasyouwant

Please enlighten me then? What here is old evidence? How is the title misleading?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

I think your a bit confused , gravity is not magnetism.

Since your questions are roughly the same, I'll answer them both at once. Gravity and magnetism are not the same thing. In fact, they are completely separate forces. Gravity is a force that acts between any two objects with mass. No matter what they are made of, both objects get pulled towards each other just because they have mass.

Source /van.physics.illinois.edu

Also if the star in the middle is the cause of the lava that goes against your flat earth theory as people wouldnt have been able to walk into the middle part.

edit on 10-2-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Science doesn't fully understand magnetism or electricity, so to say that gravity (being the widest wavelength - wider than all others) does not have an electromagnetic aspect within its spectrum of frequency which surpasses the wavelength of known electromagnetism, is not really a well founded statement. I'm not attacking you, I'm just pointing out much of what is know has always been subject to change, why cling to static assumptions...

"imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstien. why did he say this?

There is more evidence amassing that there are macro-states of Quantum supperpossiton this means that

from Anonymous

"this earth reality exists in a hyperdimensional simulation that is flexible enough to model an earth/horizon/atmosphere/space system that can shift between concave, flat, and convex -- as apparent to any simulant (us). it is also flexible enough to simultaneously convey different models to different individuals. and it is not a question of whether an individual can choose a particular parameter (concave, convex) at a given time.. rather the individual IS the system he/she experiences. if you have [recall having] experienced ONLY convexity during your existence, then the simulation is "playing dumb" with a simple, fixed world model. think "the matrix". physical reality (and the natural laws that SEEM to govern its behavior and evolution) is as dreamlike and vaporous as the changing ZEROS and ONES in your favorite first-person videogame."

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
earth is not hollow... good lord why does this keep coming up?!? is this GLP now?!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
We have all read or heard of the account of Admiral Byrd's travels in 1947 to the inner earth. An account in his diary tells of his voyage inside in an aircraft, and meeting the King and many others, along with stories of various encounters with power sources and different landscapes. Now can you believe Admiral Byrd, or was he a quack? He was highly respected and a naval ranking officer. It was planned that a couple years ago, an expedition was going to explore the north pole area in search of the opening. A Russian ice breaker was hired to take all who reserved a place and paid a certain amount towards defraying costs and the hire of the ship. The leader of the expedition seemed to have met some fate which stopped the expedition. Was he killed to stop his discovery? It seems anytime the government is involved, or has something to loose control of, deaths occur. Make your own decision on this one....

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join