It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a cat turn into a bag..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cassiopeia

Originally posted by cassiopeia

Had forgot about it up untill a couple of days ago.....

Kinda like when you stub your toe: When it happens, you can't miss it, but then you easily forget about it a couple minutes later.

I guess that same thought process also applies to Shape-Shifting Felines.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

How the heck do you forget something like that?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I was driving and my friend was in the passenger seat. We both saw what looked to be a zombie on the side of the road and were freaking out. We both said out loud "WHAT THE F IS THAT, IT LOOKS LIKE A ZOMBIE" at the same time. Then as we got closer it was just a mailbox. This mail box looked exactly like a zombie LOL, it sounds to dumb but it did.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I believe you.
I once saw a cat turn into a road pizza

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Man I've had my eyes play some weird tricks on me driving. I once could have sworn a man was standing on the side of the road, I slowed down and steered to give him some extra room. I thought I saw his face, his clothes everything. It was a pole. Just a pole.

lol it definatly is a weird one alright, was pretty hard to believe myself at first :] I have seen alot of cats and alot of bags in my life, but had never seen one turn into the other so was abit of a shock lol..

edit on 10-2-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

LOL, I've had something similar yet not as extreme happen. it is very strange how the brain constructs images from the few details it notices. There has been work done on this very "calculation" done by the brain. I'll try to find the research and link it later. When your moving in a vehicle you only get a brief period to observe an object and that observation involves the reflection of light hitting the eye and sending the message to the brain for the brain to "see" it. In this process if only part of the object is seen for a brief period before looking away the brain implants a memory of what was seen which is an assumed image in the brain based on noticed attributes. It can make you swear you saw something you didn't.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by disclosure

How the heck do you forget something like that?

He was going back to his GF's place.

I know which pussy cat I'd be thinking of immediately there after!!

Actually, I thought I ran over a chicken once. Not intentionally either, but I was relieved to see it was simply a feather pillow as the feathers scattered in my rear view..

Seriously, who lets a PET chicken cross the road? the old guy ran screaming after us... ruined my day

bloody quick tho, darted like crazy out of nowhere...
edit on 10-2-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Hmm, I'm predisposed to believe that you ran over a cat at the same time as you passed by a plastic bag, sending into flying into the air thanks to the draft from your car. At forty mph this simple event could easily be made to look like something far more amazing.

Then again, word on the street is that cats have nine lives, and I've always wondered how a cat would make use of them if the saying were true. I mean, you don't usually see cats get back up after a dog tears it to shreds do you? So reincarnation just doesn't seem plausible in this hypothetical scenario, but transformation and other such feats of magic work nicely. Well, it works eight times at least.

Who knows my friend, who knows?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

congratulations
welcome to the Mystery of Perception.

you'll find no answers here though. [the joker above comes closest though]

you and your GF saw a cat turn into a bag.
simples.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
A mate of mine saw a "beautiful big black" cat sitting on a post, he and his girlfriend both walked over to the cat and reached out to pat it. As their hands neared the cat a woman turned toward them and the cat was the hat on her head, not a real cat, but just an old hat.
I dont know if I have related that story very well and the fella who told me the story is a bit of a joker, that said though he swears it was a cat on a post that turned in to an old woman who just walked away.
I believe both people believe they saw what they think they saw and their storys are accurate to what they believe they saw
Interesting if nothing else.
I remain ever skeptical yet intrigued.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Thanks for replys, appreciated :]

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
thought it was funny
edit on 10-2-2012 by leawyoming because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassiopeia
So.. might sound strange but here goes,
Was dropping my girlfriend home about 6 months ago, roughly 11 at night..
It was summmertime so was still pretty bright but dark enough that I had the
car headlights on..

Anyway, we were driving along the 40mph road towards her house when i see
a cat run out from the other side of the road about to run across the path of
the car.. I hit the brakes.. seen the cat right in the eyes as i was about to hit it,
I could actually see the fear in the cats eyes as the car got towards it, then bang..
It literally turned into a plastic bag and began to float about as it caught the wind..

I turned to my girlfriend to check I wasnt going insane and she looking pretty shocked
confirmed that a cat had indeed just turned into a bag infront of us..lol

Had forgot about it up untill a couple of days ago so thought id post it on here see if anyone
has had any similar experiances?

Peace..

edit on 10-2-2012 by cassiopeia because: (no reason given)

Long time expoSure to Daylight can do that to a man.
Some nighttime rest could help.

edit on 10-2-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

so what are you saying, you don't believe the OP saw what he saw? or that he's lying outright for kicks and giggles? also his girlfriend saw it happen , so is she crazy or a liar as well?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by leawyoming
thought it was funny
edit on 10-2-2012 by leawyoming because: (no reason given)

Oh man, that was brilliant

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
you all need to open your mind and look at the details. first they saw something unexplained. a cat into a bag. I believe they think they saw that. But what is most interesting is that she saw a white cat and he saw a black cat. This leads me to believe the only actual explanation that makes since is that their memories of those moments were implanted, either by aliens or a talented hypnotherapist. I would surmise they were both abducted by a UFO and spent time aboard it, but just remember seeing the weirdest thing, a cat turn into a plastic bag. The cat was the alien you saw and the bag was his UFO. pretty simple really. in other words, why would she see a white cat, and him a black cat? its the only solution.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I am not trying to offend you, but I have a hard time believing that you simply "forgot about it" until recently, especially if it was such an astonishing thing.

Cat's are very agile creatures. My guess is that the cat escaped with his life by darting away while a bag blowing in the wind immediately caught your eye directly after the event.

The fact that both a cat and a bag were both present probably got turned into one single occurrence by your brain, especially if some time had passed before you thought about posting it on here.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tritoneblues

Originally posted by tritoneblues

so what are you saying, you don't believe the OP saw what he saw? or that he's lying outright for kicks and giggles? also his girlfriend saw it happen , so is she crazy or a liar as well?

I have no idea what causes people to do the things that they do. I couldn't know whether or not someone was doing anything, simply for 'kicks and giggles'.
(Especially when I can't see their face)

Just as I don't know what causes you to do the things that you do. Such as taking it upon yourself, to assign your own choice of words, to my opinion. I said nothing about anyone being crazy, or a liar.

so what are you saying, you don't believe the OP saw what he saw?
I don't even think that the OP believes what he is claiming he saw. Since I don't know what causes people to do the things that they do, I won't speculate as to what the reasoning might be.

If someone honestly believed that they saw a shape-shifting cat that mysteriously transformed into a piece of plastic trash, then I don't see any way how it could be possible for such an action to just slip their mind.

[color=A6B089]Just to point out one of the flaws within your logic:

...also his girlfriend saw it happen......

[color=A6B089]For the sake of example, I will use 2 random names; Freddie and Tom.

[color=D1DEAD]Let's say that I had already thought that Tom was a liar.
Then Tom told me this↓
"Freddie said he saw a chicken crawl completely into his dogs butt, and it disappeared."

Now if I was already under the impression that Tom was a liar, why would I believe that Freddie ever made such a preposterous claim?

edit on 2/11/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Pareidolia...

...it's an interesting phenomena.

Likely what you've seen was a plastic bag all along.

I've jumped before when a plastic bag came at me while being blown by the wind because I thought it was some animal at first. Believe it or not, the typical brain is wired to recognize certain shapes or movement. (Relates to that part of evolution dealing with the fight or flight response and survival.) So when an amorphous blob comes at you moving randomly, such as a plastic bag, it's not too hard to percieve it as something else before you have enough info to recognize it for what it actually is.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a stray cat wondered through our cat flap one day and ran up the stairs ..i quickly followed it to the spare bed room where it hissed at me followed by the light bulb exploding ..freaked me out..never did see that dam cat again

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
My cats are strictly indoors. I am very careful about it. After losing our 16 year old family kitty years ago, to a dog, I have kept all my other kitties inside.
I have one cat who likes to "disappear" all the time. This was not so strange when we lived in a much bigger house, but when we moved into a smaller condo, it became even weirder. A few times, I had a panic when I could not find her, but after a while I began to find all of her hiding places..under the bed, the couch, once she got shut in a closet and stuck behind a box, and in the cabinet drawer. But soon I began to realize she would disappear and I would check every possible place to no avail. I learned to call her and she would come walking out, almost like a dog. I started to take note that she would literally just appear as if she had walked out of a wall, but I thought I was just seeing things.
It was years before I finally saw with my own eyes, her walk from a wall.
I am a completely sane person but that is the only explanation I can give. It was a few months back, I could not find her and I wanted to make sure she had not gotten out because my husband had left the door open while taking things in and out. Keep in mind, this is a one-bedroom condo. We have very limited furniture and items and very little places for her to get into. Both of us searched all over and I was on the verge of heading outside to look when I passed the bathroom and saw my cat do what I can only describe as "come out of the wall"..I know how crazy that sounds. I saw her basically walking full on away from the wall and then her tail appeared at the end. To this day, I can remember vividly how it looked..wish I had an explanation. Another thing is, the bathroom has already been searched thoroughly and the walkthrough closet was shut off and since my husband and I had been in the hall just prior, I am positive one of us would have noticed her walking past us to get to the bathroom.
What is it that cats do when we aren't looking??
I did mention it to my mom and she validated that she had noticed this particular cat do something similar.
Wish I could figure out what she does! Maybe cats have a different handle on quantum mechanics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join