It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Strike Scenerio in conjunction with the Departure of The Body of Christ.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jondave

seeing how the bible was written in 300 something AD by a man supposedly having a UFO encounter I dont know how anybody can say what would happen according to the bible, particularly a war of today. Destruction of mankind is nothing new and for the dead sake, dead is dead. Horror of war is something the living experience.

seriously, we should all punch each others stars before this thread is round holed
edit on 11-2-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yeah we are possibly living in dangerous times but no magical being is coming to sort our problems out for us.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
reply to post by jondave

I believe that there are certain scripture that is referring to the US, in my opinion. I also believe that when Damascus is a ruinous heap and ceases being a city as you refer, that the true believers in Christ could possibly at this time be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord. There are Millions of Christians in the US. Out of the 300,000,000 plus people in the US, if 20,000,000 disappear that is a big void of people who are from all walks of life. Some with important jobs in US security. I'm not saying every US person is going to die in a first strike either. But if you are left behind after the Rapture of the Church and you are left after a first strike. You will be on your own in a very dangerous world.

give me a break. You need to get a hobby or something. In the future our religions will be nothing more than a myth and also replaced by more brainwashing BS. Just live life and stop worrying about these issues. Start worrying when the event occurs, if it does of course..

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3velutionR3quired
reply to post by Cor Leonis

You will never see the rapture you claim to speak of

Agreed. Perhaps the OP should look up John Nelson Darby. I believe it was he that made that Rapture Doctrine up in the first place.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

and also William Miller promoting it

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
WOAH WOAH WOAH wait up

You are all missing something here. He said that the christian body will disappear in the nuclear war and go unnoticed.

I hate to break it to you, but there are 1 billion Christians in the world. Plenty of whom who are not in nuclear targets even remotely. They will go missing. People will know. So your explanation is rather silly. Unless you are one of those "only America is an island of Christianity" people...

Also, EVERYONE knows the Bible. Even none-Christians, it isn't like this would happen and people wouldn't recognize it for what it is... especially with the stuff going on in Israel simultaneously.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Foxe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

The idea of people vanishing from the face of the earth, the Rapture as touted by this 'scenario' is not in the Bible.
It was a fantastical envisioning of a completely hypothetical nature.
That some people heard or read or were told, and they scratched their heads and said, "Huh. Well that would be cool!"

edit on 11-2-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

I guess you're using the Apocolypse of John?

You do know the person who wrote this was referring to the Romans correct?

And that this "event" was to happen in the next hundred years after he wrote it?

As you can see, we're almost 2000 years past that time. More religious bunk!

The old testament does the same.. It speaks of something that "could" be speaking about one event, when even though that event took place, another exactly like it took place yet again, being the one that was actually mentioned. The Apoc of John is this same thing. It may have been speaking on what was going on in that day, but it was meant for what is going on today. Satan has the ability to do things like this to cause mankind to believe just as you do.

If it was meant for 2000 years ago, then we would already be on the new earth and or in the new heaven. There would only have been 100 and 1000 years of satan.. that would have past by a thousand years.

Sorry... "Please play again"

But hey... Who would know more about what the bible is all about than the people that DONT believe in it... Hahahahahahaha

Just....

Hahahahahaha!

you guys crack me up...
edit on 11-2-2012 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If you're telling about a pre tribulation rapture, it should have happened, a little bit before the beginning of world war 2, the first trumpet blew during world war 2 when all the ships on the sea were destroyed. We're on the fifth trumpet now. The tribulation isn't a 7 year period like every one says. It was 120 years from the time YHVH told Noah about his plan for man till the flood. Didn't Yehoshua Messiah say it would be as it was in the times of Noah. Then about the rapture, you should read Ezekiel 13, where he warns against believing prophetesses who tell people to be at ease, don't worry, we're going to fly out of here. Try reading Matthew 24. Feel sorry for you really, believing a lie.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Foxe

maybe that the body of Christianity come from Jerusalem. Thats a good one coming from the pulpit.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
look at us and what we all are writing here. All of us "IN THE KNOW" about the subject...none of us saying the same thing...isnt this the definition of Hoax?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

While I find your enthusiasm for the return of the Lord nice, I caution you strongly against putting your misplaced enthusiasm into wonky doctrines and predictions. You'll only set yourself up for delusion and disappointment.

This premillenial dispensationalist rapture thing is a foreign concept in Orthodox Christianity. If you think you'll be spared any suffering should you see such days, you were never promised any such thing in the scriptures. Your specific predictions and underlying assumptions are a bit perplexing to me. Should it turn out that you have falsely accused and demonized specific people, countries, etcetera from your misreading of the scriptures- that is unfounded slander on your part. Also, holding up a specific country (Israel) as a paragon of virtue is also quite dangerous.

In the Orthodox Church the only book of the bible that isn't read in the Church is The Apocalypse of John (Revelation). It's not that we aren't allowed to read it on our own or that we believe that it is a false book. We simply don't feel that the time for the understanding of those particular scriptures to be revealed is upon us as of yet. Throughout history there have been many anti-christs, though we do believe there will be AN anti-Christ. However, to focus too much on the end times is dangerous. The only thing you should be concerned with is that we're closer now than we have been before. Focus on repentance and keeping the faith.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Petty falsehoods, prepare for the glorious fourth reich, for again it will come in the guise of peace, and finally lay waste to the lands of men, and the chosen that are left, shall be governed by the glory of the reich hammer. The pyramid of man will fall and be replaced with glorious star, consisting of the reich hammer, the bear, the sickle, the sword and the wheel.

The kindgom of man shall finally be under the rule of the covenant of the reich

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Man made god in his own image, isn't that right? Its absolutely true. There are recorded alien encounters in Ezekiel and Genesis.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by Foxe

The idea of people vanishing from the face of the earth, the Rapture as touted by this 'scenario' is not in the Bible.
It was a fantastical envisioning of a completely hypothetical nature.
That some people heard or read or were told, and they scratched their heads and said, "Huh. Well that would be cool!"

edit on 11-2-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

Bless your heart, wildtimes. Always a pleasure you read you. People will disappear from planet Earth one fine day, but it will in no way be anything like the rapture of Christian doctrine. It will be....well, different. You will have to wait and see.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I believe in the bible also and I to think a mjaor war is gonna happen.No one can predict the outcome and how this will tie into the Battle of Armegeddon or the End Times or the Rapture or WW3.The world though is growing into some pretty serious turmoil.

Everything is set up to fight against Israel.I do not recall a period in American history where Israel is being used to score points in politics this much.However the U.S.from reports I have read is also preparing for war with Iran.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Hello once again to all! It has been quite awhile since my last post here. The fact of the matter is, I feel it absolutely necessary to give this dire, yes dire, warning. I cannot worry what some may think of me due to what I must present here. It is more than a possibility. It is on the fast track of actuality. If the evil thought manifests itself as I think it might within the time frame of end of the age events then I think it most appropriate to place this post in the World War III subject matter. There are other subject matters that this might fit well, however I had to choose because well, isn't that what we all here on a daily basis? War! War! and more War!

This scenerio begins as the US continues it's prideful and arrogant behavior in being the policeman of the World. The US has turned away from God and continues to be self serving. It will not be the US that is the instrument of peace in the not so distant future. The US will not be a super power. The US is about to fall, just as powers of the past fell.

Israel is about to find herself alone. The US is unable to help her when the confederation of the10 as listed in Psalms 83 comes against her. Syria just so happens to be part of this confederation. As the US continues to be the bully on the playground and begins to play with Syria, Russia will commence a first strike against the US and unbeknown to the World for the most part Jesus Christ will gather together the body of believers in him at the same time which is masked by mushroom clouds.

The Bible says that judgement begins in the house of the Lord. What is it that the people call all the churches in the US? "LET US GO TO THE HOUSE OF THE LORD." I believe that the Rapture of the true believers in Christ is immenent. In the not so distant future Russia along with Iran and others are going to come against Israel after Israel destroys the confederation of the 10 that immediately surround Israel now. Russia knows that he can succeed by taking out the US in a first strike. It is not China that does the US in. It is Russia that is the instrument that God will use to fulfill His wrath against those who are against Him. God hates sin! And sin is running rampant in the US from sea to shining sea. The US past time when we are not playing bully on the playground is murder, stealing, lieing, cheating, gambling, drinking, sex, sex, and more sex and even with partners of their same sex and a mirad of other self centered activeties. Why would any believe we cannot be touched by the hand of God if He so chooses. Well, we are about to be touched in a miraculas way at the same time the Enemy of the US reaches out with a touch of his own. The US total destruction.

Israel will have no friend left. God himself will fight against the enemies of His people Israel.

woah.. so you think that sin is going on in the US and the US alone... and ZEEERO sin in Russia...

by the way kid... sex is the PATH to the lord. underSTAND that.

proper matrimonious sex... white tantra .. omitting orgasm .. pulling the seed up through all 33 degrees of the vertebrae.. to the pineal.. to. GOLGOTHA.. the place of hte skull where you are crucified along the cross of your spine and shoulders...

but.. you know what they say... pearls before swine...

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Somehow, my original post got turned around to be made into a fact, when I specifically said it was a possible scenerio. I don't have a time or date for WWIII and I don't have a time and date for the gathering together of the body of Christ, called the Rapture by some. So in my scenerio, I put them together. If in the future this scenerio actually occurs, some left behind may know that the rapture has happened in conjuction with nuclear war. This would be especially likely if people were missing without being blown up.

Now to the scoffers I say, Not only is WWIII immenent as we see nations and kingdoms targeting each other with no let up of sabre rattleing but I personally believe the Rapture is immenent as well. Prophetically according to the Word of God all things seem to be fulfilled according to the majority of students of biblical prophecy. At least this is the concensus of the majority of those who study prophecy that I know of. I know there are many Christians that don't even believe in a Rapture. I happen to be a believer in the gathering together of the body of Christ.

When the day of this event arrives, it may arrive at midnight where I am at and noonday somewhere else. It may be known by some what has taken place and/or it may be hidden by some catastrophy. No One knows the day or hour. But, you can pretty much bet that somewhere in the world someone will be killing someone at the moment of the Rapture of the Church (The True Believers In Christ)

In the World in which we live, practically every second that ticks by someone is killing someone else. It is a sad state that mankind is in. Instead of loving your neighbor, everyone thinks it says kill your neighbor.

It is not such a far stretch to think that the Rapture could take place during a nuclear exchange. Since the Bible does speak of the next judgement is a judgement by FIRE. Of course at the time of Noah they thought he was a nut too when during this time the world was judged by water.

I do not blame those who do not believe in such things. But, that does not mean it is not true. WWIII will happen! All will be judged including every person in the US! There will be The Man of Sin, THE Anti-Christ! There will be Armageddon! There will be The physical return of The Lord Jesus Christ as King! There will be 1,000years of His reign on Earth! There will be a new heaven and a new earth after hIS 1,000 year reign! There will be the Great White Throne judgement!

In my story the Rapture happens during a nuclear exchange. My story does not add to or take away from the truth of these events to take place in the near future. I believe that the Bible teaches us that both War and the Rapture are events that will take place. I don't believe it angers my Father, God that I should speculate that these events might take place in conjuction with each other. As a matter of fact I believe it pleases him that I should be looking for the return of His Son, Jesus to rescue those looking for him from this lost and sin filled World where Satan rules. That is, until he himself is judged by fire.

If the Rapture of the Church has not happened before Israel is attacked by the confederation of 10 as declared in Psalms 83, if I were a believer I would be looking up, for your redemption is drawing near. When it is Russia's turn to attack who may want to take out Israel's friend in a first strike SCENERIO, if the Church is still here, then look up for your redemption draws near. Who knows the Rapture could happen in the next hour or after the next major battle but one thing is certain. The Rapture, the gathering together of the body of Christ will absolutely happen.

What then will you, the reader believe? I believe there will be War and I believe there will be a way of escape called "The Gathering Together" to meet the Lord in the air!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by RadioactiveRob

Pharoah thought Moses was a whack-job too until his whole army was drowned in the sea. It won't be the US to protect Israel. God can do just fine on His own.

Best laugh I have had this week! Thank you! Can you imagine the look on Moses (aka Charleston Heston) face in The Ten Commandments at that comment! Priceless!

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Jesus Christ will gather together the body of believers in him at the same time which is masked by mushroom clouds.

If you mean that rapture notion ... there is no such thing as a pre-trib rapture. That was made up by failed anglican priest Nelson Darby in the 1800s. There is no rapture in the bible. In fact, scripture says just the opposite.

The Rapture, the gathering together of the body of Christ will absolutely happen.

It absolutely won't happen.
There are a ton of threads debunking the rapture cult.
Scripture itself debunks it. There is no rapture. Prepare for tribulation with the rest of us.
edit on 2/15/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join