It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Obama Conspiracy to Kill the Second Amendment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't believe Obama wants to even address the gun issue. You rarely ever hear him mention guns in any speeches of importance and frankly his record does not support gun-control. Reagan and Bush Sr. did far more to curtail Americans access to weapons than Obama has.

He has far bigger issues to deal with than having to worry about gun legislation.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by seabag

There are laws on the books already. Criminals who wish to use guns for nefarious reasons don't follow the laws now. What makes anyone think more laws will make things better?

However, the main reason, I think, that say murder is illegal is not to stop people from doing it, but to be able to prosecute them if they do.

Yes...and there are laws on the books now to prosecute people for gun violations.

What law would you like to see strengthened (or added) to make you feel safer?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
C'mon....people in the NRA aren't going to vote for Obama regardless.
And don't let the facts get in the way. He has passed 2 PRO-gun rights legislation.
But he's doing it to lure the NRA into voting for him, amirite? Just so in his second term, he can come out with guns blazing(pun intended).

If there's a conspiracy, your guns being confiscated is the least of your worries. Who in their right mind would go after the gun owners' guns? That'd be suicide. No, they'd either get you in the night, with poison gas, or just blow up your house.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That is ridiculous to make laws on what someone might do since murder is already illegal someone wants to kill someone else they will find a way.

All second amendment legislation is based on thought crimes this is the country we live in all law is based on what someone might do.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Kenrichaed

I don't believe Obama wants to even address the gun issue. You rarely ever hear him mention guns in any speeches of importance and frankly his record does not support gun-control. Reagan and Bush Sr. did far more to curtail Americans access to weapons than Obama has.

He has far bigger issues to deal with than having to worry about gun legislation.

You can’t be serious!

With all due respect, read the info provided on page one (The only page before you posted) and tell me Obama has done nothing!

This is a tactic often used by the left (especially the MSM)…they just keep telling the same lies over and over again until people believe them! That doesn’t fly here…sorry!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Want to keep your liberty?
Then by all means keep your fellows informed of any goverment scheme to remove even one small part of your God given right to be free.....
the goverment does not make you free....GOD did!
You are already free......
it has been the goverments aim to gather more control of its citizens over time...Mostly this makes it easier to "Manage "The populace.
The rule of law only makes sense when there arent a zillion laws....that govern every aspect of the citizens life...
( even death for that matter....)
Responsibility for insuring that goverment does not go beyond the bounds of the constitution is that of the People.The Supreme Court,and finally, the military who have taken an sacred oath to uphold it.
Should the constitution be abridged by oppressive goverment(and thats what you got today)The Militia is expected to oppose it....backed by those in the military who have taken the oath of service.
I sometimes wonder what the congressmen of old would have to say about the goverment of this day and age, but i dont believe it would be complementary, nor do i think they would hesitate to march on Washington in the name of the republic should the Constitution of the United States, be legislated out of existance as it has been
by the Obama goverment.....
Once the NDAA was signed, there would have been the likes of Davey Crocket,Jim Bridger,Col. Sam Houston,
And a host of others from all the corners of the once great republic, leading the citizens to the gates of the white house, and ready to do whatever it took to restore that sacred document, and see that its commitments are honoured by The Congress and Senate alike.
I laud the Two past Commandants of the US Marines the generals who have spoken out to their past brothers in arms....voicing their fears for the nation, and the constitutional goverment.of the republic.
Where are the real oathkeepers?
Our fathers ...................our brothers.................our sons......?
They need to be brought home to where the real battle is shaping up for America.....
There is so much more than the second amendment at stake here.....
Action sooner will be easier than later.....the longer the people hesitate, the further eroded our freedom becomes.
When will that point be reached in each and every one personally when they finally begin to understand that this is a fight for everyones freedom, for our childrens very lives.....
I for one would do anything to assure my grandchildren of a safe and prosperous,life.
Where they can live in freedom.
I do not see this future as a natural result of where the goverment is leading us today....
In fact i foresee much more death, suffering, and misery, for those who are on the outside of the elite top ten percent of the people......
It is time for the Oathkeepers to step up, to organise the people, to begin to resist,To be a lightning rod for the republic, and a mighty voice for the Bill of Rights, and the Constitution of the United states.
The very first obligation these oathkeepers must undertake, is to insure that the next presidential election is not tampered with as has been proven .
Take the electric voting machines out of the hands of Mafia controlled companies for a start.....
Its pretty obvious Organised crime has no place in the elections apparatus......As it stands, many of the voting machines are made in the same mafia factories where slot machines are produced.....
There is NO deiclosure of the codes etc by which these machines are programmed,.........
Irregularites have been shown to be commonplace, and signifigant...yet the same mafia companies control the voting machine industry.....
Comon oathkeepers....
What more do you need to know?????????

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I did read the information on page one and noticed that you did not list any major legislation initiated by the Obama Administration in regards to gun-control which would validate my point. Leaving your conspiracy's out of it, what actual things has he tried to pass to limit your access to weapons?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by seabag

There are laws on the books already. Criminals who wish to use guns for nefarious reasons don't follow the laws now. What makes anyone think more laws will make things better?

However, the main reason, I think, that say murder is illegal is not to stop people from doing it, but to be able to prosecute them if they do.

Yes...and there are laws on the books now to prosecute people for gun violations.

What law would you like to see strengthened (or added) to make you feel safer?

When I was 14 my next door neighbor was an avid gun owner. One day he was drunk(or high or something) and he almost ran over me and my sis and my friend with his SUV. Well, My friend started talking # to him and the guy(we will call him Cody) told my friend he was going to get his gun. I went inside with my sis and my friend ran home. Nothing happened for a while until Cody showed up at my door holding a loaded 9mm to my face(I should not have answered the door, in hindsight). He threatened me with said gun to tell me where my friend lived. I gave him his phone number instead so they could talk it out.

Things escalated...

The night ended with 40 freaking cops pulling boxes and boxes of guns out of his house. All legally owned, from my understanding.

I don't know what kind of gun laws we should have, but I do know that I almost died that night.

He still has his guns.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kenrichaed
reply to post by seabag

I did read the information on page one and noticed that you did not list any major legislation initiated by the Obama Administration in regards to gun-control which would validate my point. Leaving your conspiracy's out of it, what actual things has he tried to pass to limit your access to weapons?

2 bills that expanded gun owners rights...
they are now allowed to take guns on Amtrak; and national parks.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Here you go…more info! Besides the underhanded attempts to strengthen gun control, the point of the NRA (in the OP) was what he will do in a second term. Obama has stressed his healthcare and other social issues because they have more support amongst the left. In a second term, with no worries about re-election, Obama can make huge, sweeping, unconstitutional change. His intentions have been presented on page one and are based on HIS own words.

Administration officials told Newsweek and The Daily Beast that starting as early as next week, Obama will begin a series of changes designed to tighten regulations and penalties under current laws—bypassing a fight in Congress with the pro-gun National Rifle Association in the process.

Why bypass congress?

“If they want to do something serious about stopping crime, they can do the tried-and-true rules and go after criminals. They’re not,” says Wayne LaPierre, executive vice president of the NRA. “They’re collapsing prosecutions across the U.S. The idea of putting more forms on the honest people is ridiculous. They need to start on something the criminals don’t like, which is arresting and incarcerating.”

LaPierre said he believes Obama is bypassing lawmakers with these changes because of legislative obstacles. “I don’t think he’s got any support in Congress for doing this. If he does this, it’s going to be bad politics in election time. Law-abiding people are sick of proposals like this that line them up and let the criminals go free."
link

I ask again…what will more gun laws do to stop criminals from acquiring guns? Criminals don’t go to a GUN STORE to buy weapons; they buy them on the street illegally!
edit on 10-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

How did you "almost" die that night?
I almost died when my heart stopped beating after loosing a whole lot of blood, but I fail to see how some lunatic sticking a gun in your face is "almost dying".
Some people need to actually GET a life before they are so afraid of losing it.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
He just wants you to buy more damned guns.

That's all this is....get everyone in a damned frenzy so they will rush out and buy guns.

It's a sales pitch...they did it 4 years ago and they are going to do it again.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Want to get stars and flags...create a thread where gun ownership is threatened...watch the man child's cry about their precious guns being taken away.

I see t hese t hreads once a week....has anything ever come of them...nope...too bad.

As an American Citizen , the ONLY Thing keeping you Free From Goverment Tyranny is your Constitutional Right to Bare Arms . Once that Right is Abolished by any Presidential Tyrant , it's off to a FEMA Internment Camp for you and Your Family and finding yourself at the Mercy of the ARMED Goverment Goons who will tell you with a Barrel of a Gun to your Head , what you Can and Cannot Do . Believe that or Not at your Own Risk SHEEPLE...........
edit on 10-2-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The night ended with 40 freaking cops pulling boxes and boxes of guns out of his house. All legally owned, from my understanding.

I don't know what kind of gun laws we should have, but I do know that I almost died that night.

He still has his guns.

Well that’s a great story, and I’m sorry your neighbor was a nut, but WHAT gun law would prevent that from happening? Nothing that’s been proposed would have changed that scenario for you except getting rid of the 2nd amendment! The second amendment gives all Americans the right to bear arms…even him, although he surely lost that right after an incident like that (based on CURRENT law).

You don’t like the second amendment, do you? You don’t think anybody should have guns, do you?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It is very difficult to follow Obama's agenda at times as he has made every attempt to conceal his intentions, and only when he is/was caught and or ratted out by one of his "anti-gun" supporters, i.e. Sarah Brady, and when Holder has twice and other on Obama's staff goof up and spill his agenda to others, did it become patently clear his anti Second Amendment, Anti-gun agenda is live and well, and to quote the President" own words, hiding "under the radar".

As I posted previously, I resubmit the actual link, headline and print article:

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
Over a barrel? Meet White House gun policy adviser Steve Croley
www.washingtonpost.com...
On March 30, the 30th anniversary of the assassination attempt on President Ronald Reagan, Jim Brady, who sustained a debilitating head wound in the attack, and his wife, Sarah, came to Capitol Hill to push for a ban on the controversial “large magazines.” Brady, for whom the law requiring background checks on handgun purchasers is named, then met with White House press secretary Jay Carney. During the meeting, President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.
“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”
In the meeting, she said, Obama discussed how records get into the system and what can be done about firearms retailers. Her husband specifically brought up the proposed ban on large magazine clips, and she noted that even former vice president Dick Cheney had suggested that some restrictions on the clips might make sense.
“He just laughed,” Sarah Brady said approvingly of the president. Both she and her husband, she emphasized, had absolute confidence that the president was committed to regulation.

Now, everyone can complain about the links to Fox News, which is clearly and diametrically opposite of the liberal papers, but the truth is in the 'quotes seen and heard from Obama's own lips.

To preempt any retort about the party affiliation of Obama, I am clearly on record everywhere I post that I have personally lost full and complete faith in both the Democrat and Republican parties.

I would however, although I do not agree with some of Obama's agenda, mostly with his anti second amendment agenda, I do agree with some and I WISH beyond HOPE he was not anti-Second Amendment. Alas, he will not change, it is 'his opinion' to which he has every right per the US Constituion.

In the above thread there are 'quotes' which were witnessed by many other people including journalists at various locations and times, which were clearly heard and quoted by the words recorded and filmed coming from Obama's own lips.

Obama's anti Second Amendment is fact, and if you like, send an email to the White House and ask him to respond to a simple question,

"Mr. President, do you now and will you continue to fully and faithfully defend and support the rights of every American citizen as is clearly afforded by the Second Amendment of the Constituion of the United States of America."

Oh yes, post your answer on ATS for all to read.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

reply to post by seabag

2 bills that expanded gun owners rights...
they are now allowed to take guns on Amtrak; and national parks.

And rightfully so, based in the 2nd AND 10th amendments. This is a state issue...the federal government has already ruled on gun rights because we have a 2ND and 10TH!

Obama is pandering for now...the whole point of the NRA statement was about Obama's SECOND TERM. You can call it fearmongering (you didn't but you could) or something else but the fact is that Obama supported much tougher gun regulation as a state senator in Illinois. His true feeling are well known. As soon as this election is out of the way it's GAME ON!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow

How did you "almost" die that night?
I almost died when my heart stopped beating after loosing a whole lot of blood, but I fail to see how some lunatic sticking a gun in your face is "almost dying".
Some people need to actually GET a life before they are so afraid of losing it.

I don't get what you are trying to say? I came close to having my head blown off man. My life resting on the whims of a "madman".

Yah, I dont feel safe around guns. Thats not the result of a political viewpoint, but a traumatic experience in which I was sure I would get shot.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

The point is, that it is NOT guns that make you feel unsafe, it is the "madman" that makes you feel unsafe.
In fact, if guns made you feel unsafe, you would feel that way 24/7 because guns are everywhere.
And, you did not come close to dying. If you had ever actually come close to dying, you would understand the difference.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You don’t like the second amendment, do you? You don’t think anybody should have guns, do you?

Forgive me, but I do not(It almost got me and my sister shot). I do however respect your right to own a gun(s) and I wouldn't try to take that away. I just feel that too many of the wrong people legally owning guns is probably not in my best interest.

I would like to stress again that my dislike off guns is not a left vs. right issue, but a personal experience.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow

The point is, that it is NOT guns that make you feel unsafe, it is the "madman" that makes you feel unsafe.
In fact, if guns made you feel unsafe, you would feel that way 24/7 because guns are everywhere.
And, you did not come close to dying. If you had ever actually come close to dying, you would understand the difference.

Maybe you should go back to when you 14 and stand in front of a loaded gun weilded by a madman with your litlle sister to protect. THEN, maybe you would be the one to understand where I am coming from.

And yes I did come close to dying. All it would have taken is for him to move that trigger just a little bit.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join