It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Obama Conspiracy to Kill the Second Amendment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre proclaimed today that Obama will claim not to have pursued an anti-gun agenda during his first term, but Obama is really conspiring to destroy the second amendment of the constitution during his second term.

Speaking to CPAC today he said, "All that first term, lip service to gun owners is just part of a massive Obama conspiracy to deceive voters and hide his true intentions to destroy the Second Amendment during his second term."

The Daily Caller reported on this subject two months ago.

Obama administration officials are deliberately keeping gun owners in the dark about the president’s gun-control agenda as we head into next year’s national election, because administration officials know that when NRA members and gun owners show up at the polls en masse, anti-gun candidates lose.

The Obama campaign’s strategy goes like this:

1.Neutralize gun owners and NRA members as a political force in the upcoming national election by pretending to be pro-gun or at least not focused on pushing a gun-control agenda;

2.With gun owners neutralized, Obama will be able to win the election. After the president is re-elected, he won’t have to answer to voters because he won’t have to face another re-election battle;

3.Launch a full-scale, all-out assault to rip the Second Amendment out of the Bill of Rights through legislation, litigation, regulation, executive orders and international treaties — in short, every lever of power at the administration’s disposal.
Daily Caller

Are there any Obama supporters who want to maintain the right to keep and bear arms? There HAS to be!! Where is the outrage by the left? Why do liberals play right into the hands of those who wish to take away the only means we have to protect ourselves from an overbearing federal government?

And for those of you who think Obama hasn’t tried to control guns before, think again. Obama would not only like more gun control, he would also like to give other countries the right to share gun ownership information about American citizens! REALLY? He has tried to do away with the second amendment before through a back-door approach.

edit on 10-2-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yep.

Cant get a second line when the first one covers it all.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Except that Obama has been pretty pro-gun his whole term and those who enjoy popping caps should thank him.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sounds like your typical "don't vote for this guy" rhetoric to me.
Personally, I don't vote. What's the point when the deck is stacked, right?
However, I'm not worried.

The cool part about the 2nd Amendment...

...it's protected by the 2nd Amendment.

edit on 10-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Lets's see Obama pro gun?

How do people figure?

Thanks to his term we saw fast and furious and gunwalker which led to the deaths of American citizen's and Mexican citizens and legislation came down the pipe that any weapon when a person buys more than 1 in a week gets reported to those same people who were supposedly responsible for arms flowing into Mexico.

If you said the average law biding citizen you'd be wrong
If you said the average gun dealer you'd be wrong

Now if you said BATF,ATG and Obama you'd be right..

There are many ways around the second amendment and we pretty much seen them all.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Except that Obama has been pretty pro-gun his whole term and those who enjoy popping caps should thank him.

His record looks pretty ANTI-gun to me. Would you like to share some proof to back up your assertion?

Barack Obama supports handgun registration and licensing...

I know that the NRA believes people should be unimpeded and unregulated on gun ownership. I disagree. I do not object to the lawful use and ownership of firearms, but I do think it is entirely it appropriate for the state to monitor it. Too many of these guns end up in the hands of criminals even though they were originally purchased by people who did not have a felony. I'll continue to be in favor of handgun law registration requirements and licensing requirements for training. [Chicago Defender, 7/5/01]

--- factcheck.barackobama.com...

and more...

The package closes the Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card loopholes which resulted in the shooting out in Melrose Park. We're eliminating 17 specific assault weapons. There is no reason why anybody should need an assault weapon to protect themselves or their family,' Obama said. 'We're limiting handgun sales to one a month. We're calling for handgun registration. It's very hard right now to track whether or not a felon has turned in his weapons or if he has a FOID card because we don't know how many weapons he has purchased. [Chicago Defender, 2/20/01]

--- factcheck.barackobama.com...

Opposes civilian concealed carry

I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.

--- Mendell, David, "From Promise to Power" (2007), p. 251.

I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.

--- Pittsburg Tribune-Review (April 2, 2008).

Obama backed federal legislation that would ban citizens from carrying weapons, except for law enforcement. He cited Texas as an example of a place where a law allowing people to carry weapons has "malfunctioned" because hundreds of people granted licenses had prior convictions.

"National legislation will prevent other states' flawed concealed-weapons laws from threatening the safety of Illinois residents," Obama said.

--- www.icadp.org... (Citing David Mendel, Chicago Tribune, February 20, 2004)

Opposes possession of most semi-automatic rifles

Obama has stated the government needs to permanently reinstate an "assault weapons" ban.

(Obama Calls for Permanent Assault Weapons Ban to Combat Inner-City Violence, Associated Press [via Fox News] [July 15, 2007] and www.cnn.com...)

(McCain voted against the 1994 crime bill that contained an "assault weapons" ban [see the latter link].)
Voted for a federal ban on most military surplus ammo

Voted in 2005 to classify all Full Metal Jacket ammo in the following calibers as armor-piercing (since they are capable both of being fired from a handgun and of penetrating Kevlar bullet-resistant vests):

•223 Remington
•308 Winchester
•Soviet 7.62x39

link

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
Sounds like your typical "don't vote for this guy" rhetoric to me.
Personally, I don't vote. What's the point when the deck is stacked, right?
However, I'm not worried.

The cool part about the 2nd Amendment...

...it's protected by the 2nd Amendment.

Ya, the constitution used to protect Americans against illegal search and seizure.

Ever heard of NDAA??

Who would sign such a thing??? OH YEAH....OBAMA!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
So let me get this straight Obama has done zero to control guns for his first term but, thats all a trick so if he gets elected to a second term he then will take all the guns away? That is one pretty damn stupid theory from the NRA. However lets keep in mind the NRA made a lot of money off scaring people when Obama was elected into thinking he was going to take all the guns away. After awhile and it became clear Obama had no gun agenda people started leaving the NRA and they began losing money. So now they are desperate and come up with this. The question is how many people are dumb enough to believe it? Not many I would bet.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

You ignored my post and link above.

You should read the thread before you jump to conclusions, sir.

Here is some more info for you...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Seriously?

The second amendment is protected by the people like every other right in this country.

Government doesn't give rights it's only function is to take them away.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Want to get stars and flags...create a thread where gun ownership is threatened...watch the man child's cry about their precious guns being taken away.

I see t hese t hreads once a week....has anything ever come of them...nope...too bad.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Want to get stars and flags...create a thread where gun ownership is threatened...watch the man child's cry about their precious guns being taken away.

I see t hese t hreads once a week....has anything ever come of them...nope...too bad.

Great insight!!

I see you refuted Obama's anti-gun record!

Did you join the thread just to talk about me?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
As Neo96 said above, governments don't give us our rights.
If we are not prepared to fight for them, then they WILL be slowly taken away. It is as simple as that.
I fully believe that the NRA is correct on this, this is how the controllers work, through deceit and stealth.
Our bigger enemy though is the ignorance of our neighbor. If all of us don't educate our neighbors, if we hide and wait, we lose.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Hey seabag, my comp isnt loading some of those links you posted. Do you mind re-posting them or sending them to me in a u2u?

Regarding Obama not wanting guns to be unregulated. Duh.

Unfortunately, I cant post links myself at the moment. I am using an xbox 360 controller as a mouse and for some reason it wont let me do things like hold down the click button so I can copy and paste text and stuff. It will, however, right click for no reason. Causing horrible scenarios in which I press the back on accident inadvertently deleting my whole post, which as happened twice while typing this.

Search Google or something. I know he has expanded Gun owner rights in several ways, just search out the articles.

edit on 10-2-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
As Neo96 said above, governments don't give us our rights.
If we are not prepared to fight for them, then they WILL be slowly taken away. It is as simple as that.
I fully believe that the NRA is correct on this, this is how the controllers work, through deceit and stealth.
Our bigger enemy though is the ignorance of our neighbor. If all of us don't educate our neighbors, if we hide and wait, we lose.

There are two main groups behind removing the 2nd amendment: 1) those who want Americans disarmed so they can leave us defenseless and more easily control us and 2) those who dislike guns and think that somehow MORE GUN CONTROL will create a utopia free from crime (as if criminals follow the law
)

Both are wrong IMO!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
reply to post by seabag

Hey seabag, my comp isnt loading some of those links you posted. Do you mind re-posting them or sending them to me in a u2u?

Sure…no problem.

dailycaller.com...

www.guncite.com...

Regarding Obama not wanting guns to be unregulated. Duh.

There are laws on the books already. Criminals who wish to use guns for nefarious reasons don't follow the laws now. What makes anyone think more laws will make things better?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
We better hang on to the second amendment because all the others have been nullified, modified or outright destroyed.

I trust the NRA more than I trust Obama.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Seabag...

Here is a post I have put on several sites in the past, it includes the links which confirm Obama's promise to Sarah Brady.

The following is the truth about President Obama’s agenda on gun rights and the Second Amendment of our Constitution.

The following is a quote from an interview of Sarah Brady, by a Washington Post reporter on 4 April, 2011 after a meeting with White House Press Secretary Jay Carney. .
President Obama dropped in and, according to Sarah Brady, brought up the issue of gun control, “to fill us in that it was very much on his agenda,” she said.
“I just want you to know that we are working on it,” Brady recalled the president telling them. “We have to go through a few processes, but under the radar.”
In the meeting, she said, Obama discussed how records get into the system and what can be done about firearms retailers. Her husband specifically brought up the proposed ban on large magazine clips, and she noted that even former vice president Dick Cheney had suggested that some restrictions on the clips might make sense.
“He just laughed,” Sarah Brady said approvingly of the president. Both she and her husband, she emphasized, had absolute confidence that the president was committed to regulation.
President Obama “made a point” to drop in on her meeting, to let her know that “gun control” was ‘very much on his agenda’, and that he and his administration were “working on it”, that they had to “go through a few processes,” which had to be “under the radar”, and last and most importantly, how he intended to perform his illegal attack on the Second Amendment.
Read more: www.foxnews.com...
Read more: www.foxnews.com...
www.washingtonpost.com...

I have more saved to my laptop with links, including Holders comments while in Mexico about the Presidents plans.

A PROUD NRA LIFE MEMBER
edit on 10-2-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Ooops

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
LaPierre brought this up in September too at CPAC in Florida.

Obama's anti-gun because he hasn't done anything and hasn't said anything. In other words, he's anti-gun because he's a democrat. Obama hasn't done a single thing as president to indicate he's out to take away yer guns, LaPierre has nothing but empty rhetoric. The NRA claims to be a single issue voting bloc, if they can't attack him for what he's doing they'll attack him for what he's not because they just don't like him.

There's no conspiracy, the president doesn't run the senate, he doesn't run the house, he doesn't run the court. Number one issue Americans are concerned about? The economy, his whole term has been the economy or jobs. A democratic congresswoman got shot in the head. He still focused on jobs. The Hutaree militia gets taken down. He still focused on jobs. Glenn Beck inspired gunman is arrested while on his way to 'start a revolution.' Obama still focused on jobs.

I hope he gets elected, just to see this conspiracy pan out. Right now it's just BS.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

There are laws on the books already. Criminals who wish to use guns for nefarious reasons don't follow the laws now. What makes anyone think more laws will make things better?

However, the main reason, I think, that say murder is illegal is not to stop people from doing it, but to be able to prosecute them if they do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join