It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarkozy: Military Action is Not the Solution to Iranian Issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Speaking at a dinner hosted by a French Jewish group.

Sarkozy stressed that a military solution to Iran's nuke program was not the best solution.

He says tougher sanctions are needed.

AND, Sarkozy told Jewish leaders that a Palestine State is needed and he supports that effort !!

A likely Sarkozy election opponent was present in the audience !!!

First Publish: 2/9/2012, 1:17 PM -- Arutz Sheva, IsraelNationalNews

“The solution is political, the solution is diplomatic, the solution is in sanctions,” Sarkozy was quoted as having said.

During his remarks to the Jewish community members, Sarkozy also said Israel needs a peaceful Palestinian state as its neighbor, pointing to France's historic rivalry with Germany — turned into a crucial European alliance today — as a possible model for Arabs and Israelis.

He also defended his decision to support the PA’s membership in the UN cultural arm, UNESCO. France was one of 107 countries that voted to accept the entity to the organization in October.

He must be campaigning or something ?

Sounds like he may want to set Iran's mind at ease a little

French President speaks with local Jews, says "the situation is never military" to deal with the Iranian nuclear threat.

Calm Before the Storm ??

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The sooner the French people kick this jerk to the kerb the better , look at the fact that as part of the austerity money Greece has to purchase French and German military goods and equipment.............CRAZY
while as the Daily Mail points out children in Greece are found wandering the streets with notes attached to them saying , cannot afford to look after them anymore. I still think Sarkozy' s fingerprints were all over Dominique Strauss-Kahn
affair along with the US .

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
So now Sarkozy is acting like the good little dove uh?

He's such a liar liar pants on fire.

The guy has elections in 2 months and he's gonna get his butt kicked that's why he's saying that.

Eh Sarko, if France is so peaceful, why are you sending your aircraft carrier off Iran?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Nice, someone who speaks the truth, damn.
(edit) I dont care if he is a tool by the way, the message is right.

I wish Obama felt this way. I would lose like 1/2 the stress in my life just knowing that we aren't going to throw that straw on the camel's back (argued need of Iran war). I hope others listen. It would be great if eventually Israel and Palestine both prosper together or at least not to each other's detriment.

Why can't they live in peace in a land they both love? They both love it....BOTH OF THEM!!
Why not just agree to live and let be. Let them all live there and leave it up to people to make the peace, not the government. No hype, no spin, no BS. Just 2 peoples that absolutely love their land. They lack nothing.

edit on 10-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by casenately

Because religion is in the house. Logic and reason are on the back porch consoling one another.

There is no peaceful end to it.

top topics

join