It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot against the Pope -- he will die within 12 months

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Haven't found this in Breaking News or General Conspiracies.

Today an Italian newspaper (Il Fatto Quotidiano) ran a report about a confidential Vatican document stating that there is a plot to assasinate the pope in the next 12 months.

"During his talks in China, Cardinal Romeo predicted the death of Benedict XVI within 12 months. His remarks were expressed with such certainty and resolution that the people he was speaking to thought, with a sense of alarm, that an attack on the Pope's life was being planned," the paper reported.

Then this remarks where sent to the Pope in a top-secret report written in german in January, warning of a murder plot against Benedict.

The Telegraph
Il Fatto Quotidiano (Italian)

Also on the news article (link above) there is an interesting thing:

Cardinal Romeo also named Benedict's XVI likely successor as Cardinal Angelo Scola, the archbishop of Milan – meaning the papacy would return to an Italian after the German Benedict and his Polish predecessor, John Paul II.

Now, if you've done your homework and remember St Malachy's Prophecies... the last pope would be Peter the Roman.

Interesting indeed.
What do you guys think?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Doesnt much matter.

He is planning on stepping down in April. He doesnt feel he is in good enough health to give the work the job it deserves.

Vatican website.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm not even worried about the Pope. The Pope has no jurisdiction on our soil, nor in our politics.

Sure, the Pope is a factor in the supposed prophecies...but really, the Pope is the king of the world's smallest country, and leader of a flawed faith. Big deal.

Still, interesting that the cardinal should be so certain of these impending events...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

I wonder if that's more an "I should get, while the gettin's good" type scenario..

Wow, wonder who Peter the Roman is.

Strange times indeed.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jechu

The next pope, the one that will succeed Pope Benedict XVI (#266), will NOT go by the name ‘Peter the Roman,’‘Pope Peter the Roman,’‘Peter II,’‘ Petrus Romanus,’‘Pietro the Great, ‘Pete of Ireland,‘ or any name, in anyway, that has anything to do with ‘Peter.’

I will even go as much to say that the next pope will even bypass ‘Paul VII,’though it is a perfectly valid papal name, because of St. Paul’s association with St. Peter.

I am NOT sure how I can make this any clearer. The St. Malachy prophecy that claims that the next pope will be ‘Peter the Roman’will NOT come to pass.

papam.wordpress.com...

Prophecies are all BS!

These cardinals are not going to sit idle while the Church and Rome are destroyed. It won’t be the first time a pope-elect has had hands placed on him.

That is why they wear RED. They are supposed to shed their blood to defend the Church.

To have the next pope be Peter the Roman is to say that the Church, Rome and Western Europe are at an end.

There are at least 30 cardinals savvy enough to make sure that this will not happen.

Do you get that?

Screw the prophecy. Think about the cardinal electors. There are some very SAVVY operators in that pool. They are NOT going to have NATO troops marching in on the Vatican.

So … PLEASE … PLEASE.

Can we PLEASE stop this charade.

edit on 10-2-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PageAlaCearl

I wouldn't think the next Pope could chose the name "Peter the Roman", it is just a description by Malachy.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jechu

so a Cardinal Romero has been generating these rumors of a vacancy of the Pontiffs' chair

i sort of recall that the last real Pope...The one before Peter the Roman.. would flee Rome & possibly be killed while in exile...

i always heard that Peter the Roman was a sinister Pope, and not the 'Last' Pope in the line of succession but rather a usurper who comes to power with a small cadre of supporters

other news reports have been saying that Benedict 16th was serious about retiring/stepping aside for about the last 4-6 months now... so just relinquishing his throne might be considered and 'End' of his reign or put another way... the 'dead-end' prediction by Romero, spoken in confidence while in China last November 2011

we will see

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Very good. That's the point, he's in his 80's, what, 85 maybe? His health has been in question for a year, he's not walking well. Even it wasn't the Pope, death in 12 months is very possible. I don't see the uproar.

Now, say an Islamic terrorist shoots the Pope and Hillary Clinton, and testifies that he's Ahmadinejad's illegitimate son by the daughter of the head Jewish Rabbi.......That would be ATS worthy.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join