It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So anyone here been in marching band?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I was just curious. I've been in marching band for two years and marched color guard. I loved every minute of it (except in my freshman year). Our band is the best and we even have more trophies than the football team or anything else in the school.

So anyone been in marching band? What did you play? How good was your band? And did you love your director?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ColorGuard

I was in the band. Didn't march but I was still in it.
It was alot of fun.
Played baritone sax.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Played low brass. Hated the Sousaphone, it cut into my shoulder. Loved Trombone, especially in Jazz Band.

To those parents with kids in Band: Yes, the band has more "crazy" people in it then any other organization, especially sports teams. I would go into the various "flavors" of crazy, but why spoil the fun for your kids. Ah yes, fun, good, crazy times.
*evil laugh*

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I was in marching band also, along with Jazz band and symphonic orchestra, I started out with alto sax when I was young, then baritone,soprano, and tenor, with tenor being my favorite of the four.

Later, I learned to play the trumpet and all brass instraments. Wish I woulda learned to play the piano!

Drum and bugle corp competition was my favorite. We started in late spring and had competitions all summer long. Slept on HS gymnasium floors, practiced 4-5 hours per day, and had competitions at night. Long hours, lot's of travel, and many new friends were made. It was hard, but an extremely enjoyable experience.

I was in the Phantom Regiment back in the summer of 1991 and there's actually YT video of us from"back-in-the day"!!

And there was this "one time in band camp".....LOL.
edit on 10-2-2012 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I was in the marching band from 1985 to 1992--Clarinet..I loved playing he clarinet but I did NOT like marching in the band or playing 1/2 time. The band uniforms were hot and itchy.

I also played piano and can play the flute a little.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColorGuard
I was just curious. I've been in marching band for two years and marched color guard. I loved every minute of it (except in my freshman year). Our band is the best and we even have more trophies than the football team or anything else in the school.

So anyone been in marching band? What did you play? How good was your band? And did you love your director?

Hey there and welcome to ATS!!

My son is 14 and he plays in the marching band. He is a sax player.
He plays in the Mount Juliet High School Band in TN. Google a video...they are GOOD!!!

ETA: Sorry I thought you were new as of today. Anyway...HI and welcome.
edit on 10-2-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Skada

I love the low brass too. I play trombone during concert band.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I was!
I was in color guard and also played Sax, I was in the Falcons marching band in the UK
We where champs back then lol

new topics

top topics

join