It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALL will be "Saved"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by cloudyday

Why can we rest our declarations on the Word of God? Thats what Biblical faith is anyways, believing something because God has already declared it to be so. Or in other words, we are not saved by making promises to God, we are saved by trusting in the promises God has made to us.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:3 NIV)

What do you think makes you "saved" and others not "saved"? It's all up to Jesus and we don't know our fate until we die.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Akragon

Isn't that the same story as the one with the talking snake?

Sorry my friend, i don't believe in fairytales.

If God created ALL... Then the same is of God
Then what mythology are you basing your assumptions on regarding spirit, God, and creation?
Where are you getting "If God created ALL... " from if not Christianity? If you are engaging in an ideological argument within Christianity and reject all accepted norms from Christianity as being valid in this argument, then what do you allow?
edit on 5-6-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

Tell me... what exactly gave you the impression that this thread is about Christianity?

Have you ever heard a christian say "all will be saved"?

Perhaps because i use a Christian book, this topic must automatically be "Christian"?

I am not Christian, THIS thread is NOT Christian... the premise of this thread isn't Christian...

And just to answer your question... i allow what feels right... A talking snake is nonsence. And so is the story of adam and even In my humble opinion.

The idea of this thread is based on verses within the bible, but this is not about Christianity...

I honestly thought that was quite obvious

edit on 5-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

... the premise of this thread isn't Christian...

Could have fooled me, from the o.p.

This thread will fly in the face of all Religionists that believe they understand their bible...
This gives me the impression that you intend to demonstrate how Christians have misinterpreted the Bible.
So what is the mistake, not reading a different book, or maybe not interpreting the stars correctly?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon...
Have you ever heard a christian say "all will be saved"?

St. Gregory of Nyssa believed in universal salvation. I think there are many other theologians who at least think it is a reasonable Christian belief.

It is generally agreed that Gregory believed in universal salvation or resurrection.[36] In the Life of Moses, he writes that just as the darkness left the Egyptians after three days, perhaps redemption [ἀποκατάστασις] will be extended to those suffering in hell [γέεννα].[36] This salvation may not only extend to humans; following Origen, there are passages where he seems to suggest (albeit through the voice of Macrina) that even the demons will have a place in Christ's "world of goodness".[37] Gregory's interpretations of 1 Corinthians 15:28 ("And when all things shall be subdued unto him ...") and Philippians 2:10 ("That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth") support this understanding of his theology.[37]

St. Gregory of Nyssa

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

... the premise of this thread isn't Christian...

Could have fooled me, from the o.p.

This thread will fly in the face of all Religionists that believe they understand their bible...
This gives me the impression that you intend to demonstrate how Christians have misinterpreted the Bible.
So what is the mistake, not reading a different book, or maybe not interpreting the stars correctly?

ahhh i see... Pardon the miscommunication...

Flip to page 2 and you'll find the answer...

31Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Even those who commit the greatest of sin will gain access to the afterlife....

Thus the title of the thread... ALL will be saved

Unfortunatly, not everyone will be happy with the "end result" so to speak...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudyday

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Why can we rest our declarations on the Word of God? Thats what Biblical faith is anyways, believing something because God has already declared it to be so. Or in other words, we are not saved by making promises to God, we are saved by trusting in the promises God has made to us.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:3 NIV)

What do you think makes you "saved" and others not "saved"? It's all up to Jesus and we don't know our fate until we die.

Read John chapter 6.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Thank you for pointing that out... its news to me...

And as far as i've read he wasn't Martyred either...

Im actually shocked...

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Even those who commit the greatest of sin will gain access to the afterlife....

Thus the title of the thread... ALL will be saved
That quote from the Gospel in itself does not make your case.
You are using logic to arrive at your conclusion but creating axioms to support your steps without stating by what process you establish those axioms and in fact destroy the validity of what could possibly serve as a basis for them.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Fortunatly im not here to prove anything to anyone... but since the topic is essentially about awareness after death. And since this is the religious section, what would you like to hear? The gospels? The OT? Hindu scripture? Gnostic?

There is an abundance of "proof" (scripturally) of consciousness after death... you just have to know where to look.

But... ask yourself this, what proof is there that death is "the end"?

Look at the story of Lazarus and the rich man in Luke... Both were fully conscious.... Correct?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

. . . what would you like to hear?

The answer to my earlier question, which is: what is your source of information that God made each individual, personally, and that each person is then automatically imbued with God's spirit?
You rejected my explanation because it was based on the Bible. So what do you base yours on?
Can you quote whatever source you think you get your idea from?
Are you just saying your own opinion, based only on your imagination, trumps all ancient philosophies and religion?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Shall we stick with the bible then?

As i've said many times, my beliefs come from a number of different "religious scripture"... I only stick with the bible for these conversations... For the most part if i started quoting Gnostic scripture or Hinduism... or even Buddhism, most Christians would automatically dismiss what i quote...

16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Good quote, but it should be refering to God, not Christ...

Psalm 82

Where could I go to escape your spirit?
Where could I flee from your presence?
If I climb the heavens, you are there,
there too, if I lie in Sheol.
If I flew to the point of sunrise, or westward across the sea
your hand would still be guiding me, your right hand holding me.

—Ps. 139.7-10

Isaiah 45

5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it.

Luke 11... We know God is within... but he is also "without"

39 And the Lord said unto him, Now do ye Pharisees make clean the outside of the cup and the platter; but your inward part is full of ravening and wickedness.

40 Ye fools, did not he that made that which is without make that which is within also?

Shall i continue?

Plenty more where that came from.... or perhaps we should switch religions?

edit on 6-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not interested in proof-texts, but rather whatever it is that inspires your opinion.

I'm not advocating an opinion myself, as much as seeing if you have any sort of substantial teaching that supports yours. What you have offered is not convincing to me and reminds me of the same tactics used by fundamentalists who focus in on single words from disparate verses.
edit on 6-6-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I'm not interested in proof-texts, but rather whatever it is that inspires your opinion.

I'm not advocating an opinion myself, as much as seeing if you have any sort of substantial teaching that supports yours. What you have offered is not convincing to me and reminds me of the same tactics used by fundamentalists who focus in on single words from disparate verses.
edit on 6-6-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

As i've said, im not here to convince you or anyone else of what i say... but there is an abundance of "proof texts" as you put it... within almost all religious scripture.

These are not "tactics" that im using to try to push a religion... or even convert anyone.

Through studying many different texts the overwelming conclusion i've come to is simply put...

ALL is God. Without exception... Nothing is "not of God"... He is everything... The physical, and the spiritual... and all dimensions in between...

And as i previously stated... i except what feels right in my heart... and this is the only logical conclusion

What inspires my "opinon" is what i've studied over the past several years... That being Scripture from many different religions...

edit on 6-6-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I not only believe that all are "saved", though not always quickly, not until its over. And its not over yet, so there is suffering and winterlands, because people give in to permissions and beliefs and so as a last resort they can be stuck in the frequency they are living at. This is not a credo and if it can be intervened with the counselors, GOOD. For Family wants everyone home. And not just saved but all unequal and some last, some first, like that code you gave, but EQUAL, and sharing what they learnt and all growing, all healed in their cores, and all learning in GOOD ENVIRO's.

Everyone is going to grow and be saved, for nothing else matters at all. Nothing else is Love and Good. Love and Good is all that is real. Everything else is just distortion, shadow, dust and insanity.

That is what I believe and will never ever see anything else.

That is what I KNOW.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
God said that all people shall be redeemed. Not just the super elite Christians and not the do gooder's of the world. God said he would save all people of all time, no matter what! All People! No one is discounted from the saving grace of God.

So many of you wish you are part of a special select God chosen. Your not. Everyone is... all of history... of all times is part of God. Saved and loved. You can't argue with God.

Everyone is CHOSEN! Love is all there is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join