It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You A Male ATS Member Whose Avatar Is A Picture Of A Sexy Young Woman Or A Computer Generated On

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I like your avatar, and agree there's a connection between fractals and creation.

Thanks. Maybe you could explain it to me someday.

How easy would that be!

I think that's more of a mental image/thought than any possible way to put words into it.. within a lifetime anyways. I guess the easiest way to explain it would be..

As above as is Below.. The smallest and the biggest are both the same, one within the other, within the other, we are all working parts of something much grander that fractals out to be just as we are... Or.. we are just a working part in one big picture. Perhaps what we do reflects on the bigger picture and makes the ending always a little diffrent.. A slight change in the fractal changes everything from top to bottom.

hehe.. like I said... Easier to think about than to speak about.

btw.. I agree.. If you have a sexy mate, why would you sport another one? Id enjoy sporting the one that loved me and was beside me every day, perfect 10 or perfect 3, it makes no matters.

I took mine down because ATS was getting pissy about the animated background I had on it.. So I took it all down, since one could not exist without the other, otherwise it was meaningless..

"A demon praying from hell" sort of expresses my inner thoughts at times.. Always feel like you're in between a rock and a hard place, but forever hoping for some way out, some grace... A twinkling star in the background to symbolise that I believe some hope is there, though very far away and unsure (by the time you got to the start, it's possible that it may no longer be there... light being faster getting to you than you can get to the Star)

Cool topic!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I often see a hot girl in an avatar and wonder if it's the poster. Probably not, most of the time. Just some hot girl they like.

My avatar is of a "hot guy" I like. Difference is, he's laying here beside me.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Mine reflects me perfectly... because it IS me haha!

I'm burning in a Hellish madness that is everyday life

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Call me inane or sane, but what's with the flood of profile questions going on here, the previous one was age, now its a physiological profile of a persons perception of himself within society..., would the next question coming up be whats your blood type ?

been there, done that, next..

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

In answer to the title of this thread...no I am not a man...I choose my avatar...from an avatar website...because she looks very similar to what I look like...(we could be related..lol)...only I am a bit older.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
LOL Yes, I am a very ugly lady, hence, the use of dogs!!

Actually, they are all mine, either living or have past on.
edit on 10-2-2012 by chiefsmom because: wording

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
In answer to your question, I'm female, but i chose my avatar out of the fact that well 1) I loved the show, and 2) I helped fixing some of the CG models for it, and there for made that particular render myself..

I change mine form time to time, but hardly EVER use a real picture of myself, that's just to me a litte too un-private.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

In answer to the title of this thread...no I am not a man...I choose my avatar...from an avatar website...because she looks very similar to what I look like...(we could be related..lol)...only I am a bit older.

Why thank you, you just managed to make my imagination run wild.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You don't HAVE to be yourself.
Anyone can be who they really want to be on the internet.

Why might they pretend to be something they are not?

Closet transsexual's, I'd guess.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm interested to know who Greeneyedleo chose for their avatar? If it's a self photo then....wow!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I honestly think that mostly, it's just guys being guys. They can't exactly watch XXX at work can they?

Just to add to others comments though, I love your avatar, OP and agree there's something about fractals that tugs on the intuition.

and...

I hope you keep yours, I like it

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I picked my avater because it is a picture of me and i love this picture. The other picture I had up they made me take it off Because, it was too sexy I guess. I picked my avater to be my picture so people will know what I look like and that I am a girl. I wonder why so many people have anime chicks as thier avaters.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Hey Kali,

Your avatar gives the impression you're a delicate rose petal........ how deceitful! LOL!!

To the OP

As for my avatar, I hope to God Thor isn't seen as a hot chick by any ATS members. I'd have to seriously challenge their mindset then.

edit on 10-2-2012 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

I'll save the expletives for skype!

By the way it's a lotus!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I never get why guys use chick avatars, seems kind of lame to me and false advertising. But as my son says, "On the internet, men are men, women are men and children are the FBI." I chose my avatar simply from photographs I'd taken while I was traveling (working) or on safari in Africa. The little symbol is my past job description and my fate. If anyone wants to see who I am they can go to my book/information website pertaining to the general murder and mayhem that goes with government and military corruption. Anyone can connect the dots and figure out the rest. NWO delende est, yehaw!

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/10.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

I like your avatar, and agree there's a connection between fractals and creation.

Thanks. Maybe you could explain it to me someday.

How easy would that be!

I think that's more of a mental image/thought than any possible way to put words into it.. within a lifetime anyways. I guess the easiest way to explain it would be..

As above as is Below.. The smallest and the biggest are both the same, one within the other, within the other, we are all working parts of something much grander that fractals out to be just as we are... Or.. we are just a working part in one big picture. Perhaps what we do reflects on the bigger picture and makes the ending always a little diffrent.. A slight change in the fractal changes everything from top to bottom.

hehe.. like I said... Easier to think about than to speak about.

btw.. I agree.. If you have a sexy mate, why would you sport another one? Id enjoy sporting the one that loved me and was beside me every day, perfect 10 or perfect 3, it makes no matters.

I took mine down because ATS was getting pissy about the animated background I had on it.. So I took it all down, since one could not exist without the other, otherwise it was meaningless..

"A demon praying from hell" sort of expresses my inner thoughts at times.. Always feel like you're in between a rock and a hard place, but forever hoping for some way out, some grace... A twinkling star in the background to symbolise that I believe some hope is there, though very far away and unsure (by the time you got to the start, it's possible that it may no longer be there... light being faster getting to you than you can get to the Star)

Cool topic!

All of a sudden I keep seeing "as above as is below" everywhere. Strange. And thank you. You expressed my feelings on fractals very well. A change or experience that takes place in one small part of the fractal then becomes a part of the other fractals which I feel is tied to quantum entanglement. Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My avatar is black like my bitches.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
I was always baffled by dudes that chose a female character in any video game (assuming there was a choice between male and female for that character type).

My grandson likes to choose girls in video games - - because he thinks its funny when they scream when they fall off the wall or in the water. Of course - - he is only 4.

It is kind of confusing when men choose a woman or women choose a male character as an avatar.

Oh - and my avatar represents perspective. Am I looking in or am I looking out. Discussing a subject can change depending on the chosen perspective.

edit on 11-2-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Do you really need an answer for that...

Because, the chicks in my avatar are smoking hot!

Plus, it's a bit of a joke. Lnyx used a marketing campaign called the "Lynx Effect" where your average geek would spray on the deodorant then have a crowd of women rush to him. It's brilliant!

Besides, I bet you'd find its just the younger members using these types of avatars.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
My avatar is black like my bitches.

I suspect that it is more along the lines of non existent, like your b*tches!

More on topic though, I would say that people read into avatar's a bit too much these days, some people do use avatar's for specific reasons but most of those can easily be noticed and understood.

I do still find it a bit odd if a guy uses a female avatar, even worse, if it were a obese old woman or something similar

I bet there are more female members using male avatar's than there are males using female's though.
edit on 11-2-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join