It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You A Male ATS Member Whose Avatar Is A Picture Of A Sexy Young Woman Or A Computer Generated On

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If so....what's up with that? Do you see yourself on the inside as being a hot young chick? Shouldn't YOUR avatar reflect who YOU are? If that's your wife shouldn't that be her avatar? And how about these stock photo hot chicks or the computer generated fantasy girlfriends who look like they're straight out of a video game? Why is that your avatar? Just nosy.
edit on 2/10/2012 by MissSmartypants because: fix it

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
someone asked me years ago why i always picked female characters and i said "well if you're going to look at someones butt for lord knows how long every day you might as well make it one worth looking at"

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
If so....what's up with that? Do you see yourself on the inside as being a hot young chick? Shouldn't YOUR avatar reflect who YOU are? If that's your wife shouldn't that be her avatar? And how about these stock photo hot chicks or the computer generated fantasy girlfriends who look like they're straight out of a video game? Why is that your avatar? Just nosy.

Umm, does your avatar reflect who you are?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
lol avatars are just little pictures , that have a general message they want the reader to see. :p Its just abstract art in the persons mind who used that avatar. Means little to others , but its cool pictures to go along with posts no ? hehe

My avatar and screen name was just luck of the draw , i was watching the chuckee movie , and i happened to be making my ats account at the same time . So it stuck

secondly i love the avatars with the hot chicks! i don't care if its a guy or girl behind them. Most of the time the hot chicks rarely represent who is using the avatar. So i'll take the avatar for what it is .

it helps with some of the ugly avatars i see here on a daily basis !

I wish the ATS ladies put more of their sexyness in the avatars , but then we men would focus on them and quickly get off topic loooool .

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
someone asked me years ago why i always picked female characters and i said "well if you're going to look at someones butt for lord knows how long every day you might as well make it one worth looking at"

So there's not some picture that would depict an interest of yours that would let us know a little about you? Phage sometimes describes himself as a grumpy old man hence his avatar. Not that John Lithgow is old. It's the expression on his face that perhaps is meant to display Phage's persona. Don't you want to do something like that?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
part of the joy of the internet is anonymity, so if someone wants to pretend to be a girl... nothing stopping 'em.

It could be a connection with the picture. They just happen to like that girl.

Maybe they want to show off their hot gf/wife. Or at least pretend

I tend to play female characters in MMO's and stuff because i'm going to be looking at the toon for several hours, so why not make it something I like looking at?

Maybe, as a male, he appreciates stimuli and wants to give all the other males something to look at. Works as an affirmation that "this is what I like" and if others like it too then it means it's "ok"

I picked mine because I love king of the hill, dale is my favorite character(next to bobby), and he is a conspiracy nut. Plus he smokes. Winning.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I was always baffled by dudes that chose a female character in any video game (assuming there was a choice between male and female for that character type).

If you comment on it they will often say they would rather stare at a hot chick all day. I think secretly, deep down inside, they wish they were prettier.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. =D

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Mine portrays me in the best of ways. Except I'm above average height...not hobbit sized. But I live like a hobbit.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

It represents my feelings that fractals are somehow a key to understanding Creation and our relationship to our Creator. I haven't figured it out yet, it's just an intuitive feeling I have.
Or I just like to wear way too much makeup.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm not one to turn down a "hot chick", computer generated or real, but that being said, I think my avatar reflects my personality the best, though recently I have been thinking about changing it.

p.s.> I like your avatar, and agree there's a connection between fractals and creation.

Originally posted by Maxatoria

Six hours into playing Tombraider, I feel the same way.

edit on 10-2-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
I was always baffled by dudes that chose a female character in any video game (assuming there was a choice between male and female for that character type).

If you comment on it they will often say they would rather stare at a hot chick all day. I think secretly, deep down inside, they wish they were prettier.

That's the feeling i get. Or they want people to think their testosterone is so overwhelming that hot women consume their every thought.
I don't know. I just feel that men who already have hot women in their lives don't need to do that.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

I like your avatar, and agree there's a connection between fractals and creation.

Thanks. Maybe you could explain it to me someday.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I feel it's very naive, especially for us females, to place pictures of ourselves as avatars.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I observe that avatars usually express the personality even the aspect of the user,from which you can describe somehow the character of someone,but maybe I am wrong,I think.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If my avatar reflects who I am, then I am merely a handful of broken glass. Or the sky, seen in its reflection...

Edit to add that the symbolism of my avatar has many layers which I find difficult to describe, but if you took a random guess you would probably be right.
edit on 10/2/2012 by Glass because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Originally posted by schuyler

It represents my feelings that fractals are somehow a key to understanding Creation and our relationship to our Creator. I haven't figured it out yet, it's just an intuitive feeling I have.
Or I just like to wear way too much makeup.

Just wanted to say I have admired your avy for some time, and picked up on the creative fractal theme right away . And for what its worth, I agree on the depth of the potential lessons in fractals. They have been a big key in aiding my own journey, understanding and experience.

As far as the male/female avy thing, I have encountered the situation from a different angle. I picked an avy that indeed was very symbolic for me, but I also thought it was pretty clearly a feminine form, and as a woman that suited me just fine. Thing is I frequently "surprise" people when they find out that I'm not a dude. I had always assumed that this was because either those people had either found it too subtle or hadn't taken note of the avy at all. Your thread has me adding something to the list - maybe because there are so many dude's who prefer female avy's that they aren't the signpost I thought they were.

In any case, the assumptions one way or another are an interesting comment on how we relate to people - and for that S&F and thanks for the thread!

edit on 2/10/2012 by Open2Truth because: reply tag

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Shouldn't YOUR avatar reflect who YOU are?
edit on 2/10/2012 by MissSmartypants because: fix it

Your avatar looks like an alien. Are you an alien? I doubt you look like that picture in real life.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
When i used to play MMORPG's i used to pick the girl character because armors were cheaper than the male ones. As for using girls as Avatars - there nothing to it really, if we like something, we'll use as avatar
If it wasn't for strong rules my avatar would be my normal one, a big bouncing ass gif and my name would be OldDirtyBastad - which im known by through all the websites i visit

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

I used to use that excuse when asked about my female characters. (I still do, but I used to, too!
) I'll admit that in reality, it reflects something deep inside like what you've described.

When given the choice of gender for my character, its about a 60% chance that I'll go with female. I'm a bit of a roleplayer when it comes to gaming (I like to immerse myself in the character), so I usually choose a gender to suit my character's combination of class and personality.

My mages could go either way, usually male for evil and female for good. My warriors are the opposite: good male warrior, evil female warrior. My rogues/assassins/sneaky types are almost always female and morally gray.

With Mass Effect I made a female Shepard, who had a personality similar to Captain Janeway (ST: Voyager), a good person overall but not afraid to be a hardass when the situation warrants.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
*Wonders what mine means*

Nice thread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join