It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany will NOT sign ACTA, many other countries might join! Protests tomorrow!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
www.panarmenian.net...

abcnews.go.com...

www.webpronews.com...

Germany will not sign the dreaded ACTA internet bill (which is no surprise seeing that there are very strict privacy laws in Germany) - more protests are planned tomorrow.

Let's hope more countries will come to their senses and NOT sign this worst of the worst internet bills.

edit on 10-2-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The German government wants to wait on the decision of the European Parliament. In the government itself is not a strong opposition against ACTA. If the European Parliament agrees on it, Germany will mostly likely sign it.

(my German source: heise: Deutschland unterzeichnet ACTA vorerst nicht)

EU countries which do not want to ratify ACTA currently: Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Latvia, Germany (Slovakia signed it though)
edit on 10-2-2012 by Fenrin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
They are afraid of the protests. That is the only reason for postponing the decision one day before the demonstrations are planned.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't think that the government understands that internet is the biggest population controller in the world.
Think about it, if the internet shut down right now millions of pissed off basement dwellers would actually stand up and protest.

I think we need this bill to pass to activate a chain of demonstrations, maybe even a revolution.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ssupp
I don't think that the government understands that internet is the biggest population controller in the world.
Think about it, if the internet shut down right now millions of pissed off basement dwellers would actually stand up and protest.

I think we need this bill to pass to activate a chain of demonstrations, maybe even a revolution.

That is why I said on another forum, that maybe they are doing us a favor with this bill.

top topics

join