It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Side Of The Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by radagast
the moon doesn't rotate ?

Actually, it does. But it rotates only once for every revolution around the Earth.

getting back to the original question, if the moon rotates once a day, there is no dark side.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
and getting to abolishing ignorance...

the moon rotates with the earth so one side is always facing away.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
This released 9/20/2004, 19:00 hrs:

In the days of the Cold War Soviet commanders and their best scientists were working on a project to build military headquarters on the Moon, the Novaya Gazeta weekly reports. The paper writes that the lunar base project was developed thirty years ago and was only abolished because of its enormous cost.

Crews of four cosmonauts were to spend up to one year on the moon. To make the base habitable it would have had been furnished with water and air purification systems and even a special space greenhouse.

The project was abolished only due to its enormous cost, Yegorov said. According to him, the Soviet project was �tens of times� more expensive than the Apollo project of the United States which cost $34 billion.

www.mosnews.com...

Does anyone believe that this is the truth?
MK

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sturod84

are you actually claiming that the moon rotates, but it rotates with the earth, so there is a side we never see ?

take 2 round objects on your desk. rotate one around the other. if the outside one is always facing the inside one, as you suggest, there is no rotation on an axis, it is in an orbit per se, but not rotating.

now rotate the outside ball once as it does one orbit. there is no darkside is there ?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE
Would i be right in saying that a part of the moon is never visible from Earth?

Also have i heard speculation somewhere that there may be some sort of outpost for Extra Terrestrial Life on this part of the moon?

[edit on 16-9-2004 by AllseeingEYE]

The following is an excerpt of an intercepted radio transmission from NASA to Apollo 11:

NASA: What's there? Mission control to Apollo 11. Apollo 11?
Apollo 11: These babies are huge, sir! Enormous! Oh my god, I'm telling you there are other
spacecraft out there, Lined up on the far side of the crater edge! They're on the Moon
watching us!

Full Story
HERE

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimi Hendrix

Originally posted by AllseeingEYE
Would i be right in saying that a part of the moon is never visible from Earth?

Also have i heard speculation somewhere that there may be some sort of outpost for Extra Terrestrial Life on this part of the moon?

[edit on 16-9-2004 by AllseeingEYE]

The following is an excerpt of an intercepted radio transmission from NASA to Apollo 11:

NASA: What's there? Mission control to Apollo 11. Apollo 11?
Apollo 11: These babies are huge, sir! Enormous! Oh my god, I'm telling you there are other
spacecraft out there, Lined up on the far side of the crater edge! They're on the Moon
watching us!

Full Story
HERE

I read this somewhere previously but didnt beleive it because i dont know how authentic the website is,i must check it out soon.

And Mulktnic(forgot your name) the conversation you posted i read also and seen the images they look exactly like the STS-80 videos clip 1, i now beleive that ufo's are not the saucer shape but i really do think they are a bright sphere look at the STS-80 videos and look at the recent mexico military videos the two best video proof of ufo existence and they are all spheres.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

are you actually claiming that the moon rotates, but it rotates with the earth, so there is a side we never see ?

take 2 round objects on your desk. rotate one around the other. if the outside one is always facing the inside one, as you suggest, there is no rotation on an axis, it is in an orbit per se, but not rotating.

now rotate the outside ball once as it does one orbit. there is no darkside is there ?

Look. It really is true. There isn't a "dark" side, but there is certainly a side of the moon we on earth never see. Here's an example:

o

The o represents the earth. Your mouse arrow represents the moon.

FACT: The mouse arrow does not rotate on its axis -- it is a still image.

Now move your mouse around the o. You will see that because the arrow does not spin, all sides of the arrow end up facing the earth at some point in its orbit.

The moon spins once on its axis for every orbit it makes around the earth.

Imagine your arrow was now spinning on its axis. You could then time your mouse movements to circle the earth so that the arrow always pointing inwards.

This isn't just me saying this. You can find out more with a bit of googling.

Hope this helps.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

googling for 'dark side of the moon' tends to get you lots of Pink Floyd stuff.

'Dark Side of the Moon." Best album ever.

[edit on 04/9/17 by GradyPhilpott]

Near the end of that song someone actually says "there is no dark side of the moon."

Seen from the surface of the Earth, the Moon does not appear to rotate. This is because from an outside frame of reference, the Moon rotates once for every time it goes around the Earth. So from our vantage point, the Moon is naturally divided into two halves: the hemisphere we always see, called the nearside, and the hemisphere we do not see, the farside. The farside has only been seen by probes or astronauts that have actually orbited (or at least passed by) the Moon.

full story Here

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
We should send some more state of the art probes to the far side of the moon then.
Maybe they would dissapear like Beagle 2!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join