It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama announces contraception compromise

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
IF we had single payer or a public option....THIS WOULD'T BE AN DAMNED ISSUE IN THE FIRST PLACE AS INSURANCE WOULD NO LONGER HAVE TO BE SUPPLIED BY EMPLOYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelMar
reply to post by Stormdancer777

When I first saw that stat I was puzzled as hell. Because he hasn't actually framed himself as a friend to religious people.

It is odd isn't it?

www.youtube.com...

www.biblepath.com...

The sermon on the mount is radical?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I understand where you are coming from BH, but for years now, way before Obama, the big issue in politics is birth control.

And that's why the GOP knew it would work. Why these (mostly) old men are so hell bent on controlling women's bodies and reproduction, I will never know. Maybe it's a fascination with the whole process and they just can't stand not controlling it...

Catholic LEADERS don't like Obama. But Catholic people do. Catholic leaders make a big deal about contraception (THEY brought this subject up, not Obama) but Catholic women, some 90% of whom USE contraception, love Obama and vote for him.

I don't like that the Catholic Church has now blurred the line between Church and Company. Will this open the way for a restaurant owner to claim a religious exemption? We shall see...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
IF we had single payer or a public option....THIS WOULD'T BE AN DAMNED ISSUE IN THE FIRST PLACE AS INSURANCE WOULD NO LONGER HAVE TO BE SUPPLIED BY EMPLOYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I don't have insurance, waiting for my Obama care to kick in,har har
We used to go to the community clinic now instead of 15 they want 60 dollars co pay, actually sent my daughter away a few weeks ago while having a asthma attack, this is the clinic for the uninsured and under poverty level, things are getting worse in our community.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't think it is working, personally.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Well, I don't have insurance, waiting for my Obama care to kick in,har har We used to go to the community clinic now instead of 15 they want 60 dollars co pay, actually sent my daughter away a few weeks ago while having a asthma attack, this is the clinic for the uninsured and under poverty level, things are getting worse in our community.

Have you tried looking into Medicaid???
www.medicaid.gov...
Many people can get medicaid and don't realize it....just thought I'd throw that out there. One of my family members was uninsured and was able to get his son insured under Medicaid.
--------

Anyway, this is why we need universal healthcare....medicare for all....and all NON PROFIT....and I certainly hope your daughter is feeling better.
edit on 10-2-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

They are adults one has type one diabetes and asthma, my oldest daughter will have a double mastectomy this month, and yes because she has underage children she gets aid, thank god.

The other daughter cannot get aid without a child.

sigh

edit on 012929p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yes...which is why this is a decent first step towards that goal.

As we implement this healthcare bill and more and more issues like this come up...the obvious and logical answer will be "If we had a public option, this issue wouldn't exist".

It's unfortunate that people have to have their hand held like this to be able to see the benefits of a public option...but with so much false rhetoric and talking points being thrown at them...many people just believe the lies.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

They are adults one has type one diabetes and asthma, my oldest daughter will have a double mastectomy this month, and yes because she has underage children she gets aid, thank god.

sigh

Certainly glad your oldest is able to get help (and hope the surgery goes well)....and really wish your youngest could.

I have a daughter as well and I would never want her to be in that kind of situation.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

sigh

Certainly glad your oldest is able to get help (and hope the surgery goes well)....and really wish your youngest could.

I have a daughter as well and I would never want her to be in that kind of situation.

Thank you David, I'm scared.

But I am at that age where nothing is available to me, to young, not yet old enough, we are that class that falls between the cracks, if you know what I mean.

There is a forgotten segment of Americans, the just below poverty level working class poor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join