It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congrats to the Right Wing! "Bishops Want Businesses Exempt From Birth Control Coverage"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Dear ThirdEyeofHorus,

I wish I could share your enthusiasm. Under this newest plan, the Church has to buy an insurance policy for its employees, the plan has to cover contraception, and the Church has to pay for the plan. Please explain your excitement, I need some good news.

With respect,
Charles1952

Edit: I think I have a better grasp of the issue now. One article states some of the Bishops think it's "smoke and mirrors" and "kicking the can down the road" . It also states the the ins companies would have to pay the charges. I'm sure Big Pharma won't like that.

Under the new rule, employers with a religious objection to offering contraceptive coverage as part of their health care plans wouldn't have to provide it directly. Instead, the requirement to provide that coverage free of charge would fall on the insurance companies.

"I think what he's offered today is a smoke screen in which he has decided to kick the can down the road in the hope that the controversy will go away," Wenski says. "I think he is mistaken."

www.npr.org...
edit on 10-2-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
My first reaction to the Prez changing his mind on this is that he is now having to court the Catholic votes. Dontcha just love his transparency?

Obama is very transparent.

I have had no trouble seeing right through him from day one !!

<< 1   >>

join