It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Author, New in Town!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hello friends!

My name is Russ, and three years ago I innocently set out to explore The Fermi Paradox because I was bored and living in poverty in NYC.... I always had been a staunch atheist and UFO skeptic and always held a sharp and clean empirical comb to all my rational beliefs (I have a philosophy degree). And here today……. I've joined a conspiratorial/UFO forum! Oh how life meanders

My study into the Fermi Paradox was originally anthropological. I wanted to explore why people believed in "UFOs" and "Aliens." I had always liked science fiction, so why not, right? Soon this adventure became so big that it was obvious I needed to write a non-fiction book about it; and soon this adventure became so, unnerving, I had to add a layer of fantasy to make the journey more comfortable for myself and those who might read it! This book was eventually edited by Carl Sagan' editor and printed this past August. It’s called The End of Human Space.

This week I've finished a secondbook, which is a concise summary of the first book and in away, the original book that I was too afraid to write!
This book is called Escaping Fermi’s Paradox.

Anyways, the stuff I’ve organized is rather new and intense, even for this forum—but I’m glad to perhaps finally find a home! We’ve much to talk and share.

Thanks for stopping by!

Russ

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hey!

Welcome to ATS!

Sounds like some interesting ideas, can't wait to look them over

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by darkblade71

It's nice to meet you!
I'll be sure to try and figure out how to break them down in an ATS forum friendly way! A way that's not spam, not too self promotional, but also concise and in-depth!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS...friendly reminder, SPAM is quickly tossed out around here. So, thank you for sharing, in a palatable way, your unique insights.....

Des

top topics

join