It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Bashing Us Military Folks.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theubermensch

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by theubermensch

Do you not have anything better to do? If you despise us so much then why continue this sharade. In my opinion you are just making yourself appear foolish and ignorant. And just so you know. I look at myself in the mirror everyday and have no problem with it. If you actually read my earlier posts you would know what I've said about killing, but I am leaning twoards thinking you were too excited to start bashing that you skipped quite a bit.

Its no 'charade'.

In my opinion I dont care what you write about "killing". I think people like you should be public enemy number 1. You disgust me. I am sickened by members of the military.

You all have blood on your hands. I dont care what bs you use to comfort yourself. You are a mercenary. You do what you are told. You are told to murder. To facilitate murder.

The military personel are what gives corrupt government its power. You fight for them. You are a traitor to your people and a coward. I assume most people that think this would be too nice to say it to you because the truth hurts.

Im telling you what many think of you. You should know. Its only going to get worse.

And how is it foolish to form the opinion that you murder for money.

Do you think the US would be in the middle east if there was no oil?

Exactly.

You 'military folks' need to stop lieing to yourselves.

you are sickened by the military, very interesting. i think many people would be wishing the military was there if we were actually under some kind of attack...this would all be the other way around. like what was stated before, members of the military are not all brainwashed and are just as disgusted with the direction our country is headed as you are.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Just so you know I am no longer on active duty so saying I murder for money is just uncalled for. You obviously again have not read enough before speaking. Lets just agree to disagree. But just one end note. It disgusts me that when I swore an oath to protect the people that it includes people like you. But that's ok, I will always stand up for those who can't or won't because it is the right thing to do and that is who I am. So I believe you have made your point that you think we are all cowardly mercenaries that disgust you by murdering people for oil or whatever. So thank you but no thank you. Oh and by the way you don't have to worry about being too nice or mean to me. I am a Marine so nothing you say will get me down. See ya

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Oh, by the way! Do you know why these people are killing their own? Because the United States Marines, Army, Navy, Air Force, and National Guard are not in those countries to prevent them from doing so. Think about that, my friend. Think really, really hard and you may just get the point.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Dear usmc0311,

I come from a military family, was ROTC and was offered a commission in the Air Force, which I declined because I had gotten married. I also wrote a law article on "Conduct Unbecoming and Officer and a Gentleman" (mind you this was 25 years ago). I generally think well of the people in the military; however, I am very disappointed in how the officers have failed to keep the code and have allowed and often promoted mistreatment in the present wars. If I see the use of depleted uranium shells and torture as wrong, that does not mean I am military bashing. I would actually hope that you would agree that we have moved away from a more restrained military. Having said all that, I am sorry that people feel a need to overgeneralize rather than ask you questions about your experience, we don't have to agree on things in order to be civil. Peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

I think you need to check your compass there. Civvies is a term denoting someone without any military background, and therefore no real knowledge of matters of a military nature. Quit being so defensive. You're not helping your argument at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

If you joined the military, for whatever reason, you signed up TO KILL PEOPLE.

No, we signed up, to serve our country.

Personally I mostly fixed broken electronics equipment. I did stand quarter deck watch, and I guess I might shoot you if you made me. But in general we don't even load the weapon.

We work cheap, we do our time, we get out and have a civilian career....

The military was effective as a deterrent in the 80's.

edit on 10-2-2012 by kawika because: add quote

edit on 10-2-2012 by kawika because: add text

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I think that you need to realize that soldiers are only as good as the command structure that stands on top of their shoulders. Soldiers are just regular people (maybe with a little more motivation than most) who are sick of being in a bad situation, angry, jobless, etc. Have you not noticed that a disproportionate number of recruits come from poor neighbourhoods where jobs are about as plentiful as flying pigs. You need to realize that we all fall victim to the human condition. Even us "heartless killers." Ask yourself why 80% of servicemen leave the service after only one or two tours.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

No, not bashing at all. Trust me I live everyday with problems from depleted uranium and all the other toxins we were exposed to. I also agree that our military is not as restrained as it used to be. We were always hammered on about winning the hearts and minds before hostile action. Rule #1 in insurgency warfare. I also see torture as wrong. there are much more effective ways of extracting information. Thanks for the input.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

You do realize that infantry is only one of many MOS' in the military right? There are literally HUNDREDS, ranging from communications technicians all the way down to the lowly greasemonkey. My uncle drove APCs while under heavy fire in Bosnia, where his battalion was tasked with saving as many civvies as they could. Would you, by your blind standards, call him a murderer as well? Grow up and open your eyes. Then there was the big ice storm in Quebec in '98, and guess who showed up to save everyone's asses. Those "baby killers" that you so detest can be your last life line in some cases, so I would suggest that you show a little bit more respect. It is officers that get enlisted men killed for promotions and order fire missions on non-hostile villages, not us.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Dear usmc0311,

By the way, my father was one of the Chosen Few and my uncle was on Iwo Jima. I also want to commend you for the extreme restraint that you have shown on this thread. In a way this thread serves as a way to see who hates anyone in the military and those who disagree with how they are being used or the direction that they are taking. Peace.

I am sorry that you have to live with the consequences of the depleted uranium shells. I know many from the current wars have also returned with head trauma, I do hope you are not one of them.
edit on 10-2-2012 by AQuestion because: Clarification

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear usmc0311,

By the way, my father was one of the Chosen Few and my uncle was on Iwo Jima. I also want to commend you for the extreme restraint that you have shown on this thread. In a way this thread serves as a way to see who hates anyone in the military and those who disagree with how they are being used or the direction that they are taking. Peace.

I am sorry that you have to live with the consequences of the depleted uranium shells. I know many from the current wars have also returned with head trauma, I do hope you are not one of them.
edit on 10-2-2012 by AQuestion because: Clarification

Your grandfather and father are the kind of men that we Marines idolize. No other military on earth could have defeated the Japaneese. They were truly all heroes. I do have some traumatic brain injury symptoms and cardiac problems, but I am alive and have a wonderfull family, so I am better off than others out there. Thank you for your kind words. Semper Fi

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I've asked people who spew your type of hate to answer two simple questions. You seem to know everything, so these should be easy. Right?

In my military career, take a guess at how many people I have killed or hurt and even how.

Now, take a guess at how many people I have helped and made a good impression on their lives and even how.

Go ahead. It's okay. I'm still waiting for someone to take the challenge.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sorry to interrupt, but back on page 1 or 2 had something that made me have to giggle. Someone was talking about how we joined for the LARGE paychecks. I just want to pass on a reality check to that person (and any like minded folks) that up until I retired (2010) there was still pushing almost 50% of troops on some sort of public assistance and they were still having to write 'rubber' checks the day before payday to just get some food in the house.

-Zz

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
well maybe some of us are tired of military folk and their high and mighty attitude that think they should be automatically respected for "defending our freedom".

seriously, when was the last time freedom was ever threatened in america?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

No offense but, I hold no high and mighty attitude. I am better than no man or woman in this world. I am also not demanding automatic respect because I was in the military. I do agree with you that there are some out there like that, but I am not one of them. I just want people to have enough respect not to jump down our throats and call us all murderers, and rapists. I just feel there are some on this site who when seeing or reading that you are associated with the military, immediatly seek out to take a jab at us without even asking simple questions like, how do we feel about the wars, leaders, ect... I also personally believe that our freedom is under attack everyday in this country from enemies within and not the far off lands of the middle east.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I would like to see more Military officials blowing the whistle on the fact that the West has been enslaved by the New World Order Rothschild hidden agendas and helping "Us" the people restore freedom, Logic and Compassion back to our planet.

I have no issues with people in the military but it would be nice... ya know. If we could deal with the REAL problems plaguing society.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

I completely agree. I believe we are on our way to a solution but it will take time and it will probably get worse before it gets better. There is alot of dissention in the ranks right now and it is working it's way up the chain of command. Here is a link to a thread you may find interesting if you haven't seen it. It was started by Reaper2137 back in December of last year.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11/2/12 by usmc0311 because: poor spelling

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

I would like to see more Military officials blowing the whistle on the fact that the West has been enslaved by the New World Order Rothschild hidden agendas and helping "Us" the people restore freedom, Logic and Compassion back to our planet.

I have no issues with people in the military but it would be nice... ya know. If we could deal with the REAL problems plaguing society.

Hate to say but most of us on here won't have any first-hand accounts (although we might have some circumstantial stuff i.e. where we were deployed and 'didn't exist' LOL).

Sorry to burst the NWO bubble.

-Zz

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I act high and mighty because I'm the greatest man that ever lived.

Now back to reality... I sometimes let my emotions run wild and can come off as the high and mighty military type. And when I look back at it afterwards, I kick myself. Of course I'm going to feel a swelling of pride. And it often gets the better of me. I'm only human like the rest of you. Well, I guess except those claiming to be aliens.

I hate this war. I think it's become a lost cause. Regardless of what story you buy, it's nothing but a lost cause now. I think we need to pull out of that whole messy situation and let them all do what they want be it blow each other up or live in peace and harmony. They bring things to our house, and they'll enter a world of pain. But we need to take our focus off of them. There is nothing good that can come out of this anymore. For anyone.

What needs to be done is to shift the focus to our own broken country. The US is so split down the middle it's scary. We are such a messed up country that Americans have lost sight of what's important. And that's unity. We need to bring America back together. We need to fix the cracks and canyons and eliminate all reasons the haters have to hate. But, then again, haters gonna hate. Regardless if we fix what's broken now, those people are going to find new stuff to complain about. So maybe my idea is just an unobtainable dream.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join