It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Bashing Us Military Folks.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
If we had peace then killing would not be acceptable.

That is not in the purview of the military person. Your beef is with the government, not service people. They serve because they want to. Do you think all military people do it train to kill? Just one example, they go into areas that have been hit by natural disasters. They do the "dirty work" that others are not willing or capable of.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

You know my kind? You know nothing about me..but you are telling an awful lot about yourself.

If we had peace then killing would not be acceptable. Where would that leave people who are not "my kind" ?

Peace

What am I telling about myself? Please. Tell me what you know about me now.

You like to pigeonhole people for one..and your comrade already told us what kind of person pigeonholes others.

That is all that I care to know about you.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

If we had peace then killing would not be acceptable.

That is not in the purview of the military person. Your beef is with the government, not service people. They serve because they want to. Do you think all military people do it train to kill? Just one example, they go into areas that have been hit by natural disasters. They do the "dirty work" that others are not willing or capable of.

I am responding to his statement that I am a person that screams peace..as if peace is a dirty word..Yes I do scream peace...and will continue. People kill... not governments. They may give the orders..but it is people who ultimately carry out the act...and before you say drones..people are still at the helm.

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

You've successfully hurt my feelings. Thank you. I hope you're happy.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

They may give the orders..but it is people who ultimately carry out the act...and before you say drones..people are still at the helm.

"Helm". In control. I reiterate my previous statement. You beef is with the government, not the service people. The military isn't a corporation that you can file a grievance with if you don't like the duty you've gotten. Do you want to go without a military? I'm talking about the people here, not the MIC(the dicks in charge.) Good luck with that. They step in when the SHTF and ask nothing for doing so. Maybe some respect but is that too much to ask for?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

As to the second part of your post..I never said anything about what the military does or does not do. I was talking to an individual.

But now that you ask..They do what they are told to do.
The only thing that I can say for sure about military people..is that they can follow orders.

That is the only thing in common that I see all military people possess..the ability to follow orders. Otherwise they are all as varied as the "civvies" population.

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You prove a solid point here.

There are a lot of kids who signed up to do good things. And often times, they get their chance to do so. But the media only shows the negative of the military. If anyone should be hated, it should be the government and the a-holes in charge. The military itself is comprised of guys who want to protect every American that can't or wont defend themselves. We just get stuck in bad situations. Not to say that sometimes we aren't to blame. We are. There are people who do dumb things and it ruins the image of the rest of us.

The military image is the same as, say, the OWS protesters.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

They may give the orders..but it is people who ultimately carry out the act...and before you say drones..people are still at the helm.

"Helm". In control. I reiterate my previous statement. You beef is with the government, not the service people. The military isn't a corporation that you can file a grievance with if you don't like the duty you've gotten. Do you want to go without a military? I'm talking about the people here, not the MIC(the dicks in charge.) Good luck with that. They step in when the SHTF and ask nothing for doing so. Maybe some respect but is that too much to ask for?

Every individual is responsible for the their actions. They are not exempt from personal responsibility. Surely you are not claiming otherwise?

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

And I really should apologize for my words. I've just seen a lot of people who paste hate all over ATS about the military, I had just assumed you were one of them.

I know now that I was wrong. You're just a fan of peaceful humanity. And I respect that.

Unfortunately, it's not possible for peace to exist. Whether it be in the kingdom of man or the kingdom of animal, there will always be conflict for one reason or another. There really is no way around it. But hey, we should keep striving to get as close to peace as we can. It's like perfection, you can't actually achieve it, but you can come close.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
reply to post by spav5

And I really should apologize for my words. I've just seen a lot of people who paste hate all over ATS about the military, I had just assumed you were one of them.

I know now that I was wrong. You're just a fan of peaceful humanity. And I respect that.

Unfortunately, it's not possible for peace to exist. Whether it be in the kingdom of man or the kingdom of animal, there will always be conflict for one reason or another. There really is no way around it. But hey, we should keep striving to get as close to peace as we can. It's like perfection, you can't actually achieve it, but you can come close.

No big thing.

Every great or evil act started with an idea. Just have to keep the idea out there.

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Every individual is responsible for the their actions. They are not exempt from personal responsibility. Surely you are not claiming otherwise?

That's life dude, whether in the military or not. Well, unless you have a good union rep but that doesn't apply to the military. YOU are looking at a whole BUT you are cherry picking what the military does. Are you saying this institution is wrong? They hold up levees when they break. Rescue "civvies" that need rescueing but you are saying that THEY are responsible for foreign policy? C'mon man. In the military you can't "pick your poison." "Sorry Boss, I didn't sign up to go to war. I just want to work on civilian evacuations." That's not the way the military works. You do what you are told. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it doesn't.

ETA: What IS important is that most of these people do it because they want to serve their country and fellow citizens. Nothing wrong with that. Of course there are a few morons. Hell they've got more than a "few" in Congress.
edit on 10-2-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by spav5

I don't judge people by something as simple as an avatar or any other minimal detail. Just becase I am proud to be military doesn't mean that I agree with whats going on either and that is usually what happens.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I want to express my views, which are completely opposite of many on this site. Each and every single individual who IS and WAS part of the UNITED STATES MILITARY are not only heroes, but are the ONLY reason my country has the most powerful military in the history of the world! Our soldiers are highly trained, intelligent individuals who do not say I will kill for my county, They say, "I will give my life for the freedom and safety of my people and for others who want the freedoms we have in the United States!" If there is one thing I have learned while being a member of ATS, there are so many aluminum hat wearing, alien fearing paranoia's that I am flabbergasted the numbers. Sometimes I wonder what caused these individuals to have so much hate for government, church, political, law enforcement, military or other officials. I think I have the answer. These people have ODD (Oppositional Defiance Disorder). These people have such a low self esteem and feel they have no control of their own lives, that they blame all their problems on others. To all the military soldiers who have visited this site, YOU ARE TRUE HEROES, not just for America, but others people around the world. I am one who sees the thousands of stories about how a soldier risked his life to save a child and an enemy during war. I could post multiple videos on here showing foreign countries, particularly, those who hate us, begging in the cameras for America to come save them! Sure, there are some fools in the military, but 99.9% are awesome, compassionate people! I honor you all!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Yeah it's just really annoying when your trying to discuss another topic ya know.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

You can choose to not follow orders...even in the military..but there are consequences. Or you can follow those orders...where again there are consequences. But it is still up to the individual.

Peace.

Or you could choose not join...but even in civilian life there will be decisions that you have to make.. all with consequences.

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Thank you for pointing that out. Who was there when the tsunami hit in 2004, The Marines and the Navy, as well as in Haiti, New Orleans and many other disaster ridden places. Kudos to you.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

A good example is to take a look at the relief capabilities of any carrier strike group.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Hey mate, just remember that the ones talking about how bad the military is have never been on a 1 hour call and been given tigers on the night of a new moon for a HALO jump. I would like to see how some of them would react if they ever found themselves in that position. I have.

Thank you and Echo3Foxtrot for your service. I was out long before you were in and I still look for wires when I walk. They probably wouldn't understand that either.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread807670/pg5#pid13444787]post by usmc0311[/

I do not believe our military should be spread out in most of the countries we are in, but I know as fact, if we were not, there would be countries all over the world at war. Not one person on here can deny this fact. Most of you haters should be thanking our soldiers for making the ultimate sacrifice to keep your @ss alive!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

Thank you for that. It's nice to know that some still care about what matters.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join