It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Bashing Us Military Folks.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I'm not asking anyone to hold us on a pedistal, I just want people to think before they label us all together thats all. We are all different, we all carry different opinioins and there is a reason that alot of us are here on ATS, and that is because we don't all approve of whats going on. thanks for the input.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

there are deffinitely too many cameras in the warzone these days. When I was in we were always told not to photoghraph certain things because they can be misconstrued by the government. In my opinion the only reason for this problem is that it was seen by the wrong person. Scout Snipers have been using the SS for a long time and it took until now to make a fuss over it. Thanks for the input.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by Flavian

there are deffinitely too many cameras in the warzone these days. When I was in we were always told not to photoghraph certain things because they can be misconstrued by the government. In my opinion the only reason for this problem is that it was seen by the wrong person. Scout Snipers have been using the SS for a long time and it took until now to make a fuss over it. Thanks for the input.

Also, according to Wikipedia:

By doctrine, a Scout Sniper is a Marine highly skilled in field craft and marksmanship who delivers long range precision fire on selected targets from concealed positions in support of combat operations. The Scout Snipers have adopted the "SS" banner, slightly resembling the World War II German Waffen-SS insignia.[2] (This has recently been brought to the attention of the USMC command and is being dealt with. Official USMC policy does not allow the use of any Nazi or other racist symbology by individual Marines or Marine units.)[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

It would appear that the USMC actively prohibits use of these types of symbols, which kind of kills ANY argument that they didn't know. They would have been schooled on this in training.

These guys new they were comparing themselves to the SS. They took pride in it. Disgusting.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Yeah I think what alot of people don't clearly know now is that there is major dissention in the ranks right now.
Many are tired of fighting these wars that do not benifit the American people and they only see things getting worse. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
il have respect when you in the us military start protecting us citizens from the people who are really attacking the country.............

the U.S government ......................

not pillaging other countrys under the act of terror your seriously getting up there with the nazi's.....

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Yes but one must realize that the symbol had been used for Scout Snipers in the past and until this public incident there was no gruff about it because it wasn't looked at as a Nazi symbol to them. They were carrying forth the symbol of those who came before them ,however right or wrong it may be. Thank you for your spin on this.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I am angry at the higher ups for all the crap we've been through on their behalf. That is one of the most left out questions of all. Just because we served does not mean that we agree with their agenda. Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm not bashing but if you don't agree with what you have been ordered to do but proceed to carry out those orders, then surely you do agree, albeit possibly passively? If you didn't agree wouldn't you refuse on the grounds of...illegal or unethical practices? I've read and seen many stories of grown military men crying like babies at the memories of what they were ordered to do. I would wish that on no one, ever, from either side of a conflict.

I do not adhere to the age old adage of "All's fair in love and war". With all due respect, LightSpeedDriver.

ETA S n F for raising this issue.
edit on 10/2/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

And therein lies the problem to be honest. They have been using SS for ages so surely someone would have thought "hang on, i've heard those initials before.....lets have a different design for the logo to avoid any future embarrassment!" Do i blame those in the picture? No but someone at some point should really have thought about that. The symbol is so well known there really are no excuses in that sense.

I actually hope those in the picture don't get carpetted by bosses but do feel slightly sheepish with all the publicity today. If so, they may just pay a little bit more attention to easily avoided situations in future.........

Back on topic though, bashing military folks is as wrong as bashing anyone for no reason. Despite the fact military types are tough, it is still a form of bullying in my mind.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by theruthlessone

There are alot of us who are no longer in who are here at home ready to continue to carry out our oaths. Again people speaking without asking questions first. Thank you for making my point. I knew it wouldn't take long.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Well the thing is that there is a fine line between lawfull orders and unlawfull order. I was never given an order that I considered unlawfull. My unit was a well squared away unit and we always conducted ourselves with dignity and respect. However if I would have been given a clearly unlawfull order I would not have followed it and I would have done my best to see that it wasn't carried out. Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I think you just hit the proverbial nail on the head with that one.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

After reading your first two sentences I have to say I'm a veteran & I wholeheartedly disagree with you, this site does not bash military members, it does bash world Gov'ts though. Those Marines who posed with the Nazi SS flag have some explaining to do.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I don't know about you but I am bashed at least once a week if not more on here. Ussually it consists of off topic posts as well. I belive there are people here who get there jollies off antagonizing the military crowd, just as there are others who do simaler things to other people. It's just annoying when you are commenting on a subject and someone attacks you because your avater is military and all. Anyway thanks for your thoughts.

P.S. I should make it clear that it's not the website doing said bashing, it's some of the members.
edit on 10/2/12 by usmc0311 because: added content.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

since 2003 figures. Kids joining military to escape something dont have a clear perspective to Mission Statement, General Orders and such. Realities of combat set in and one starts to question things, mental health breaks down, more questions flood the mind...

Tuff world, get tuff, go ARMY Hoooooahh!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

So many are lured in because they feel they have no other choice, I was in that boat in 2000, lost both my full time jobs due to cutbacks and had no want or financial means to go to college so I chose my beloved Marine Corps.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Society is failing and the citizens need a scapegoat.
The easiest thing to do is Blame Foreign Policy on the American Soldier....yet every 2 years America re-elects our Government over and over again. Makes me sick. Change is with a vote or a 300 million man march on D.C.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

One thing I have always found to be ironic here on ATS concerns many of the folk who support OWS. They always point out that the actions of a few do not represent the majority and jump through all sorts of hoops to defend them.

Then you’ll see them bashing any and every Servicemember or Police Officer. Not even blinking a eye at their own hypocrisy.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

You have another good point. Some of the ones who bash us on here are the same ones who elect the morons in the first place. Good thought. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Oh Yeah, that's another thing that drives me nuts. another good point brought forwar.

Thank You.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I wanted to join the forces myself about a million years ago in my youth, but my father who had been a soldier said no way, and then proceeded to tell me some of his horrific story.
I then understood why he suffered from various psychological problems directly caused by his experience.
He at the time thought it would be one big adventure with cool weapons to play with.He wished he never did join.
He told me..".If I was willing to kill innocent men,women and children as collateral and live with the guilt for the rest of my life" then I could go.
I soon changed my mind.
Years later I met up with a couple of Vets through our Returned Servicemen Assoc. that were dying of complications from exposure to Agent Orange (Kudos to Monsanto again). Both said I wouldve been a fool to join the forces.These two said they wouldve protested with the peace movement instead if they knew what they knew now.
These,some life experience, other encounters and the fact that theyre fighting not for country but for the ruling elite, have convinced me that they are at best naive to join any force and if so deserve any criticism that goes their way.Different if youre being invaded but I havnt seen to many invasions lately.
I know of at least 3 kids who have joined our forces all mates, who have repeatedly boasted about how they cant wait to create some "red mist" and who is going to get the first kill.
IMO if you join, then that means you are a willing participant in legal murder. Cause thats all it is. Candy coat it all you want ,but thats all it is.
Legal murder for your "Puppet Masters......not "Freedom", not "Liberty", not "Security"....just "Puppet Masters"
So suck it up.......Ooorah

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join