It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Bashing Us Military Folks.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

I didn't say anything about defense, I was speaking about immoral offensive actions that clearly some of you feel bad for carrying out such actions, all because the "higher ups" told you to. THAT my friend is sickening. There is no need for all these undeclared wars that break international treaties and kill thousands of innocent people in the name of spreading democracy or some bullcrap like that. That has NOTHING to do with defense.
edit on 11-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I think your view of us may be a little skewed. Yo do nderstand that we can't just walk away from the military right? Just so you known,not everyone here signed up after 911 and is just out for blood lust. There are many good things we do world wide. I'm sorry that you feel this way. I'm sorry that you feel that were all dumb morons. While there may be a few. Can I ask, Do you know any military personell yourself? Although I respect your opinion, I must say that I do not agree with it. Thank you for your input.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by honestyblaze
reply to post by usmc0311

if they stopped slaughtering innocent people, we would have no cause to bash them, surely? War is a stupid way to make money. & that is ALL it is about. If you life is not worth more than money, then go & get yourself killed. If the people think theirs is valuable, they have the right to be pissed at those willing to murder for profit.

I sincereley hope that you don't mean that we join and serve for money because let me tell you, we don't make much. That aspect of the war belongs to the politicians and the security contractors. Reall if you want examples of slaughter, just take a look at Blackwater, and some of the other contractors. Ever wonder where some of the bad apples from the military go? Look into the latter. So if you want to be angry with those willing to murder for profit then please start a little higher up than the ground troops. I'm sorry that you feel the way you do about us. I hope that your full opinion is not just based of blind knowledge. I will ask you the same question I have asked others. Do you personally know any military personell?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sabalsis1972

Have you created a thread with this information? It sounds interesting, I would love to see that stuff.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

We're not all robots. There is a reason that some of us here are on ATS. I will admit that the gov uses some shady tactics to draw some in but that really does not reflect the fact that we are all individuals with our own moral standards.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Not sure what you meant withthe last two but ok. And just to be clear, I'm no democrat or republican. I am a free willed human being no different than anyone else.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by SGTSECRET

I didn't say anything about defense, I was speaking about immoral offensive actions that clearly some of you feel bad for carrying out such actions, all because the "higher ups" told you to. THAT my friend is sickening. There is no need for all these undeclared wars that break international treaties and kill thousands of innocent people in the name of spreading democracy or some bullcrap like that. That has NOTHING to do with defense.
edit on 11-2-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

You said it just right, Some carry out bad actions. I agree with you that there is no need for these wars. I always ask one question. How have these wars benifited the American people? The truth is that they haven't and that is what bothers me the most. Just think of the good all those resources could have done here at home.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I tried to let them know about our lack of income (fighting for the money when 50% of our young troops were on public aid), but it didn't come across USMC0311.

I really do wish sometimes that the US did like alot of our allies and have a conscription for 2 years at the age of 18(ish). Then maybe they would understand that you might not even be over serving your country but sometimes just so that you know your troops would have a troop at their side that they can trust. But yet again that is something that alot of folks without service would understand (except for maybe the folks out in the country and smaller communities that still trust thier neighbors).

-Zz

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

no i have not , but I still think to create one because are to much "wise" guyz here who are so much into these " "denying ignorance" # .!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

That would be great. I have read about how the Bush family fiananced the Nazi party, and your story sounds interesting.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I'm writing this in response to this thread.

I've read a fair amount of said thread. As I said within it, there are soldiers posting in it, who are apparently doing their level best to conform to the rabid canine/human hybrid military stereotype.

If you want to act like mindless, muscle-flexing, fascist, homicidal grunts, then you shouldn't really be too surprised when such behaviour doesn't earn you civilian respect. Those of us who don't suffer from testosterone poisoning, also try not to view Colonel Quaritch as a role model.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Thanks to the MSM making the military look bad. But I know there are looks of good military men that serve their country with pride and loyalty, and who do no harm to other civilians and help out when others are in danger. But it's sad to see young men that are still immature and think it cool to shoot a gun and blow up someones head, and the news reaches everywhere around the world and then you wonder why people are so upset.

Young punks shooting civilians and animals for the hell of it for being bored. I wonder what other stupid things people do over there that haven't been mentioned by the MSM? Makes me sick and that's why I'd never join.

posted on Mar, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Hey USMC0311,
OOOOORAH!!! Thank you for your service!!!! You have nothing but my HIGHEST REGARDS!!!!!
Now, as for your bosses (the people who sent you to war).....well...that's another story.
dign4it 2111

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join