It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Considers Law to Bypass Gun Permits

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

State Considers Law to Bypass Gun Permits

www.wsbtv.com

ATLANTA —State leaders are considering a bill to allow law-abiding citizens to carry a gun without a permit.

“To protect our Second Amendment rights is to remove all barriers," said the man behind the bill, state Rep. Jason Spencer.

Spencer, of Kennesaw, is sponsoring House Bill 679 -- also known as the Constitutional Carry Act. It would allow law-abiding adults in Georgia to carry a gun without a permit, openly or concealed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
"...shall NOT BE INFRINGED."

And THIS is what that means. No infringement. Regulation IS infringement. And so this is a good move.

Open or concealed. That's right. Like the old wild west. For the new Wild World.

I am totally in favor of this bill, and good on Georgia.

According to the bill’s supporters, 17,000 people have signed a petition to get it passed.

That's nice, but I am amazed more have not signed it.

www.wsbtv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Kennesaw is one of the last places that has a law requiring all residents to own a gun on the books. It is never actually enforced but it is there. Living in GA myself and a current CCW holder I would be all in favor of this. Good to hear we are continuing to push the efforts for law abiding citizens to be able to carry....wonder how this will work with the reciprocity of other states. I would assume that a CCW would still be needed if carrying into another state that has a reciprocal law.

Nice post!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

We did this in Wyoming July of last year...

Pretty cool law..

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Vasa Croe

We did this in Wyoming July of last year...

Pretty cool law..

I've heard everyone is armed up for 2012.

The 2nd amendment is here to stay.

Glad to hear Wyoming is leading the way. I like Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

While this may seem like a good idea to some, it does have a few down-sides. Concealed carry is better than open carry for a number of reasons. Telegraphing that one is armed is never a good idea as those who are bigger, stronger, faster can soon possess said firearm. A permit system may be awkward but it should be implemented so as to make sure that the person carrying a gun is able to use it, understands when they can use it, and is aware of the responsibilities of carrying a weapon. It also acts as a final check on the person carrying as it better determines their qualifications for legal carry than being a law-abiding citizen.
If Georgia is smart, they will not pass this legslation.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
We had this bill here. Constitutional Carry. The house passed it easily. The senate let it die saying "there are more important things to do."

Because I guess a 10 minute vote to pass a bill just take too much valuable time?

Pissed me off.

According to the senate schedule the more important thing was naming a bridge.

edit on 10-2-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
We had this bill here. Constitutional Carry. The house passed it easily. The senate let it die saying "there are more important things to do."

Because I guess a 10 minute vote to pass a bill just take too much valuable time?

Pissed me off.

According to the senate schedule the more important thing was naming a bridge.

edit on 10-2-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

What state are you from?

Who is in charge right now?

It's hard to get anything done in an election year.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by FusionPower

NH.

It's a dem governor but the house and senate are like 90% reps. No reason the bill shouldnt have passed.

Unless they're just waiting until we get a rep governor who wont just veto it.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Nice to see representatives taking their oath to the Constitution seriously.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I am a criminal. I carry all the guns I want. I love the rules in place so I KNOW my victims are unarmed. Makes my life easy.

If they pass this law, I will just stay out of Georgia. More money in unarmed chumps' pockets in stupid places like NYC anyway.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This guy is awesome!

This is what real second amendment right is about...

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED indeed...

Chicago and NY (and many others) should have been forced a long time ago to get all these anti-second amendment laws off their books... they are anti-constitutional!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

-Robert A. Heinlein

What a novel idea... making a law to uphold the Constitution.

Will wonders never cease, a politician upholding his oath of office

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The Constitution is worded in a very succinct way. Corrupt bastards like to attempt to inject ambiguity into its simplicity to remove the rights of the people. Shall not be infringed. There should be no law restricting firearms.
If everyone had guns I don't think we'd need vast armies of police officers and there would be less crime victims.
The criminals always have the guns already, all the restrictive laws do is make honest people afraid of having guns, paying for permits, etc. Shall not be infringed. Pretty simple, really.
edit on 2/10/2012 by 0001391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

EXACTLY!!! thank you for putting forth that perspective, for some strange strange reason alot of people just dont grasp it.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Nice to see representatives taking their oath to the Constitution seriously.

Obama has been getting an earful of the constitution. He went too far.

Democrats are joining with Republicans to demand that government stop

over reaching its authority on the Catholic church.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am so jaded....

Just seems like no one really cares about the constitution anymore.

Georgia gives me hope.

But more like the hope that the Coyote has just before the big rock falls on him

I would add some kind of coyote vs roadrunner graphic here but the mods would call it off topic. You will have to just use your imagination.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

the second amendment is not to protect peoples right to bear arms but to protect a militia's ability to be armed for the security of the state.

people conveniently ignore the first half of the amendment.

so unless you're in a militia, ready to defend your country, you have no right to a firearm.

edit on 10-2-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Guns on the person of law-abiding citizens = bad for criminals.

Criminals are cowardly bastards who never play fair, and never abide by the gun laws anyways.

These types of laws equal the playing-field for the law-abiding citizen against those criminal THUGS and DEGENERATES of society.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika

Georgia gives me hope.

Me, too. Then I look over and see Cynthia McKinney again

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join