It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15,000 elite Iranian special-ops 'head' to Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
The biggest thing that got Qaddafi in trouble in libya was bring in mercenaries.

Now Assad is doing the same thing and using Iranian mercenaries.

That in its self will get him the same thing as happened to Qaddafi a quick bullet to the head from the opposition

These aren't mercinaries- they are Iranian soldiers. Would you call NATO soldiers American mercinaries if they were deployed in the defence of homeland America?

And for your information, the "opposition" in Libya happened to be NATO mercinaries composed of elements of Libyan terrorists, al-Qaeda, PMCs... Nevermind the fact that it was the Qatari military that initially captured Ghaddafi.

ZeroKnowledge-
Even if you are naive enough to think that all who fight Assad are foreign merecenaries - which is very doubtful due to Syria being a dicatatorship ruled by ethnic minority and due to previous outbreaks against Assad family - 15000 armed man chasing well armed and trained mercenaries hiding behind civilian population will ,by mistake, 100% shoot and kill some bystander.
Or even simpler, Syrian opposition or evil West will simply film some false clip showing this but the effect will still be the same.

No, actually I don't have some black and white perception where Assad is only fighting foreign mercinaries. That would be pretty naive, wouldn't it?

As for civilians getting shot, it happens all the time in any conflict. You're the one who stated that this Iranian force was going there to shoot civilians.

RT did reprot it because it suited its agenda. And RT did not report its audience about results of official Russian commetee that dealt with accident because it does not suit its agenda. Even though its declared goal is to teach West about Russia (which it does not since vast majority of news are about how bad evil and corrupted West is) and not ignite anti-government feelings among certains sectors of Western public by mixing truth and lies (which it does).
It is another propaganda site, nothing more.

Seriously, cry me a river.

RT is propaganda? I know what propaganda is, and RT doesn't need to use it because it's target audience is not a retarded and easily distracted population. Just because you don't like what RT reports, does not mean that it is "propaganda".

And exactly how is it propaganda? In whose interest is this "propaganda" reported for? I have direct RT feeds that I see several times a day, and lately they have been posting a lot about Russian protestors against Putin (despite the fact that they are a rather insignificant minority). Doesn't seem very pro-Russian propaganda if they report Russian issues alongside American issues.

And on the term propaganda, even reporting one-sided news is not propaganda. Propaganda is fabricated news designed to portray something as it correlates with the national policy of the news sources.

Let me explain it to you since i see that knowledge about area and people is lacking.
Iranians are not Arabs and they are predominantly Shia. Arabian Sunni states in the region consider Iran "not one of ours". Growing power of Iran causes those worries to grow accordingly.

Let me explain this to you in a sense that you are lacking: geopolitics.

The Iranian state is not stupid. The Syrians are not stupid. They both know that the US and allies have been restructuring the Middle East for their own control and manipulation. They both know that they are targets for forced regime change.

And as I stated before, yet you chose to ignore by bringing up some irrelevant religious distinction- Syria and Iran have a defensive pact. They are obligated to defend each other. On top of this, both are directly within Russian interests and Russia has been very vocal about backing them (diplomatically at least) against Western aggression.

Now find me an RT article about Russian advisors in Syria.....

Find me such an article from any reasonable source. Be advised that it should be common knowledge that Russia has advisors in Syria considering that Russia has a naval base there. Syria is a strategic nation for Russia.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Contrary to what we have been told look for Iran to attack Israel first. Remember Paneta spilled the beans about Israel possibly attacking Iran first in the next several months and Paneta knew he was blowing Israel's cover. If Iran is cornered they will strike first do not kid yourself. ^Y^

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

This is changing. Watch and see.

No it is not, and it wont. The military own FAR too much in Egypt now. They are everywhere, they own all the fuel stations, the roads, the tolls, the oil revenue...the lot.

If you genuinely think they will hand this back you are totally mis-led

Source: Recent work visit to Egypt discussing the situation with many Egyptians and witnessing the military control first hand
edit on 10/2/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

So your convinced Egypt is no threat to Israel at all, eh?

Time will tell.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Russia Says West Arming Syrian Rebels

An interesting read, for those inside of the Western curtain.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

It looks like a bunch of Iraqi Jihadists are smuggling weapons over there.

"Up in arms: ‘Iraqi Jihadists and weapons flow to Syria’"

Jihadists are flocking to Syria from neighboring Iraq and weaponry is being sent across the border to support anti-Assad movement in the country, Iraqi Deputy Interior Minister Adnan al-Assadi has announced.

"The weapons are being smuggled from Mosul through the Rabia crossing to Syria, as members of the same families live on both sides of the border," Adnan al-Assadi added. There is also some smuggling ongoing through a crossing near the Syrian city of Abu Kamal, he claims.

rt.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

It looks like a bunch of Iraqi Jihadists are smuggling weapons over there.

"Up in arms: ‘Iraqi Jihadists and weapons flow to Syria’"

Jihadists are flocking to Syria from neighboring Iraq and weaponry is being sent across the border to support anti-Assad movement in the country, Iraqi Deputy Interior Minister Adnan al-Assadi has announced.

"The weapons are being smuggled from Mosul through the Rabia crossing to Syria, as members of the same families live on both sides of the border," Adnan al-Assadi added. There is also some smuggling ongoing through a crossing near the Syrian city of Abu Kamal, he claims.

rt.com...

These jihadists are probably linked to the US, just like the islamists were that took over Libya. They could even include the same Iraqi Kurds that have been working for the US against Iran.

Point is, regardless of views, this is now a battle between those groups: Pro-Assad and anti-Assad. Iran doesn't want Assad to go because his replacement won't be so friendly, and Russia doesn't want Syria to fall under American interests.

And like usual, the Islamists are playing off of the most powerful force in order to fortify their own position. The Americans should know this by now, yet they still help fundamentalists that will later end up fighting them.

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Russia and China support Iran and Syria so the propoganda coming out of China is an attempt to further cause problems in the area because Iran will believe China and provide such propoganda in support of Iran or Syria.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join