It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

15,000 elite Iranian special-ops 'head' to Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

This is changing. Watch and see.

No it is not, and it wont. The military own FAR too much in Egypt now. They are everywhere, they own all the fuel stations, the roads, the tolls, the oil revenue...the lot.

If you genuinely think they will hand this back you are totally mis-led

Source: Recent work visit to Egypt discussing the situation with many Egyptians and witnessing the military control first hand
edit on 10/2/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Surely Iran would not be stupid enough to send their troops to Syria. I mean they could potential be attacked in the next few months, helping who the West have been heavily attacking with propaganda is a big gamble if true.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
What? The Muslim Brotherhood in Syria blames Iran too? (along with Russia and China.)

On its part, the Muslim Brotherhood in Syria on Monday accused Russia, China and Iran of being "accomplices of the massacres" committed in the country, providing the regime of Bashar al-Assad "supportive" policy and "weapons".

"We see Russia, China and Iran as directly complicit in the horrible massacres committed against our people, not only by supporting the regime but also by providing weapons and equipment directly to murder our defenseless people", they said in a statement.

www.albawaba.com...

Well, since the Muslim Brotherhood is Sunni and Assad's government is Shia, so much for that Islamic "unity" that Ahmadinejad is still trying to promote.

I'm guessing since 2/3 of Syria is Sunni Muslim, that Assad's Shia government doesn't stand much of a chance without the intervention of Iran, Russia and China.

The muslim brotherhood has always been about recreating the Ottoman Empire, which means Turkey has it's fingers in there somewhere i am sure. The only way to unite Islam is to destroy the factions who do not support the Sunni's.

% Sunni-Shiite ratio across middle east

So basically the main power base of Shiite muslims are in Iran at a whopping 75-100%, where surrounding countries have a more significant % of Sunni's. If Iran goes down, then the Sunni's can pretty much unite Islam and rcreate the Ottoman Empire the muslim brotherhood has been working towards since 1924. Take a wild guess at whats going to happen to Israel when there's no more infighting in the muslim world? Their attention is going to be locked onto Israel. With Russia and China as allies, the U.S. will be powerless to do anything to help Israel and we may be forced to cut ties with Israel or face our own destruction.

If the Ottoman Empire is recreated Turkey will not give a crap about joining the E.U., figure where thats going to work in

edit on 10-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

What about that info about NATO mercs there? Is there a possible manipulation via black op?,or is that just chatter?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I'll go out on a limb and say the article is untrue, in fact it's not what the title meant.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
The entire Quds force is estimated to be 15,000.
Iran has 30 air transports of ac-130 and Ilyshin IL-76 types.
Plus numerous civilian transports.
Thats a lot of ferrying they would have to do.
Just looking at the logistics of it.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
hey, RT news clearly states that Iran is deniying this report and saying that the chinese daily received erroneus information and it's blaming it to the western propaganda, there are no iranian troops in syrian territory according to Iran.
I find this interesting, let's wait till more accurate info arise.

edit on 10/2/12 by elpistolero1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Of course it is false. First, Assad has to be an idiot to allow foreign,non-Arab, armed forces shooting at Syrians. Iranian killing Syrian citizen will get Syrian opposition hundreds of thousands of Syrians in a matter of hours.

Who said anything about shooting Syrian civilians?

You do know that Iran and Syria have a mutual defense pact, right?

Second - RT factor. It very often publishes yellow press material just to promote its agenda. Like in "US-bringing-Russian-spacecraft-down-with-evil-radar" thingy.

I'm sorry, did RT report that, or did they report what other sources were reporting? From what I recall, it was officials in the Russian government/military that were suggesting that and RT merely reported it.

Third, you would here about it from numerous sources anyway, you cannot hide 15000 armed Farsi-speaking Iranians in Syria , and Syrian opposition will swarm the news with pictures of how dictator Assad fights its own people with Iranian imperialists who want to conquer Syria and all Arab nations. Since the source is not Syrian opposition but Chinese news site via RT - my verdict is pretty clear. Not true.

Who is trying to hide this? Who would avoid reporting it? I'll tell you who- those who don't want the rest of the world to realize that it's not just some Syrian civilians who are fighting Assad, but rather Western-sponsored mercinaries and terrorists (JUST like in Libya).

And you can talk about seletive reporting all you want. Western media were not reporting much about sending intel agents and special forces to Libya in order to train and arm the minority fighting Ghaddafi. Instead, all they reported was on the poor, innocent Libyans that were being hopelessly bombed.

mash3d-

Compared to what, the US sending 150,000 troops and 100,000+ "contractors" to Iraq?

15,000 seems like a logical number to me, especially considering that they are special ops. I'm sure a fair portion of this estimate includes support personnel and other advisors.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Iranian special ops, like on this thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

... somebody's going to be in serious trouble

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Of course it is false. First, Assad has to be an idiot to allow foreign,non-Arab, armed forces shooting at Syrians. Iranian killing Syrian citizen will get Syrian opposition hundreds of thousands of Syrians in a matter of hours.

You do know that Iran and Syria have a mutual defense pact, right?

Second - RT factor. It very often publishes yellow press material just to promote its agenda. Like in "US-bringing-Russian-spacecraft-down-with-evil-radar" thingy.

I'm sorry, did RT report that, or did they report what other sources were reporting? From what I recall, it was officials in the Russian government/military that were suggesting that and RT merely reported it.

Third, you would here about it from numerous sources anyway, you cannot hide 15000 armed Farsi-speaking Iranians in Syria , and Syrian opposition will swarm the news with pictures of how dictator Assad fights its own people with Iranian imperialists who want to conquer Syria and all Arab nations. Since the source is not Syrian opposition but Chinese news site via RT - my verdict is pretty clear. Not true.

Who is trying to hide this? Who would avoid reporting it? I'll tell you who- those who don't want the rest of the world to realize that it's not just some Syrian civilians who are fighting Assad, but rather Western-sponsored mercinaries and terrorists (JUST like in Libya).

And you can talk about seletive reporting all you want. Western media were not reporting much about sending intel agents and special forces to Libya in order to train and arm the minority fighting Ghaddafi. Instead, all they reported was on the poor, innocent Libyans that were being hopelessly bombed.

mash3d-

Compared to what, the US sending 150,000 troops and 100,000+ "contractors" to Iraq?

15,000 seems like a logical number to me, especially considering that they are special ops. I'm sure a fair portion of this estimate includes support personnel and other advisors.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

The regime of Bashar al-Assad in Syria is expecting up to 15,000 Iranian troops to help maintain order in the country’s provinces, a Chinese newspaper reports

According to the central Chinese daily Renmin Ribao, the Iranian special task troops are due to be deployed in Syria’s key provinces

According to the Israeli daily Haaretz, the Quds Force includes 15,000 elite soldiers, who operated in Iraq and other wars on foreign soil. The Quds is reportedly in charge of training and funding Hezbollah

rt.com...

IMO its Israel stirring things up STILL, trying to get Iran into the (media created) lies so they look bad to the sheep.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I suppose these troops will march right through Turkey.........
Maybe right through Iraq !

Syria,here they come!

edit on 11-2-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
15,000 elite troops, isnt that going to leave Iran without any to defend themselves with. To be quite honest i doubt they even have 150 of what we in England would call comando's or traind to that level. What they should say is 15,000 that have automatic weapon's but still cant shoot straight and would be wiped out by 150 English comando's

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I wonder if this is finally enough for Obama and others to start taking serious the fact that Iran and Syria and a couple others aren't operating as single nations anymore. They've learned that standing alone is falling hard. It's the Western side that seems to be missing the real change that has happened here.

Iran isn't doing anything sneaky here. They and Syria were pretty open about a military alliance and treaty between Tehran and Damascus. This is pretty much in line with that. I'd also call it a real REAL clear warning sign that when this kicks off, it WILL be multiple nations on the other side of things, all fighting with everything they have. This won't be anything remotely like Iraq, IMHO.

edit on 11-2-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
The biggest thing that got Qaddafi in trouble in libya was bring in mercenaries.

Now Assad is doing the same thing and using Iranian mercenaries.

That in its self will get him the same thing as happened to Qaddafi a quick bullet to the head from the opposition

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
This is a battle between the Shia and Sunni over who gets to keep Syria!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
bait...

Israel is involved in Syria.

Iran is now forcing Israel to fire on Iranians..

and the Iranians will prove Israel is in syria.. just before they hit,.

Nato now cannot get involved with Syria unless it wants to hit Iranian troops..

Bold move by the Iranians..

Very astute point! Not sure I trust the Chinese as a source for this rumour, but putting it the way you have there, it makes sense for Iran to step over the mark in this way. The situation is getting ever more delicate, but I continue to believe that Iran, as far as they can be, are in control of the situation, and more importantly, their emotions, which is much more than some nations can say.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The closer I look at this situation, Iraq and Afghanistan are in fact preparation for the real economic target, which is Iran. Always has been. Iran are nolonger a bunch of nomadic yokels though...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Even if you are naive enough to think that all who fight Assad are foreign merecenaries - which is very doubtful due to Syria being a dicatatorship ruled by ethnic minority and due to previous outbreaks against Assad family - 15000 armed man chasing well armed and trained mercenaries hiding behind civilian population will ,by mistake, 100% shoot and kill some bystander.
Or even simpler, Syrian opposition or evil West will simply film some false clip showing this but the effect will still be the same.

[
RT did reprot it because it suited its agenda. And RT did not report its audience about results of official Russian commetee that dealt with accident because it does not suit its agenda. Even though its declared goal is to teach West about Russia (which it does not since vast majority of news are about how bad evil and corrupted West is) and not ignite anti-government feelings among certains sectors of Western public by mixing truth and lies (which it does).
It is another propaganda site, nothing more.

Let me explain it to you since i see that knowledge about area and people is lacking.
Iranians are not Arabs and they are predominantly Shia. Arabian Sunni states in the region consider Iran "not one of ours". Growing power of Iran causes those worries to grow accordingly. As in example, imagine that there is civil war in Ukraine (or omnipotent foreign mercenaries stirring the pot) and Russia sends its forces to quell the thing and opposition claims that they started to kill Ukranians. How many Ukranian natinalists would join the opposition the same day, hm? And this is the same religion and same nationality. Even the language is close.
Not the case about Iran and Syria at all so it will be even worse

And you can talk about seletive reporting all you want. Western media were not reporting much about sending intel agents and special forces to Libya in order to train and arm the minority fighting Ghaddafi.

Actually they did. The ratio between those reports and reports about poor Lybians was totally skewed of course.
But one who knows what to look at (and not to watch TV junk) notices.

SAS teams are on the ground in Libya with orders to pinpoint and destroy Colonel Gaddafi’s weapons.

www.dailymail.co.uk...
Almost a year ago, and took me exactly 2 seconds to find. Now find me an RT article about Russian advisors in Syria.....
edit on 11-2-2012 by ZeroKnowledge because: forgot to add the point. Noooooooo!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

According to the Turkish newspaper, Sabah, the commander of the Quds forces, Qassem Soleimani and 15,000 of his fighters have entered Syria with the mission of assisting in the suppression of the Syrian protestors. The Quds forces will act as a firewall for the Assad regime as the Syrian army is finding itself in a difficult situation where many officers are joining the opposition because they do not approve of the mass killings of the civilians, which so far has taken the lives of more than 5,000 people.

pjmedia.com...

First of all, the Quds Force is only a branch of the IRGC. The entire IRGC is made up of approximately 125,000 members and the Quds Force is an "elite" branch that specializes in military and terrorist training mostly ABROAD.

It would be in Iran's best interest to do so. If the Syrian government falls, it would be a HUGE hit to Iran as Syria is it's biggest ally and probably one of the few, if not the only other country in the Middle East ran by a Shia government. Iran needs Assad to assist in their ultimate goal of closing in on Israel.

Inside link to Sabah:

Iran, Assad was behind the voicing at every opportunity, made ​​a move that shocked the West. "Jerusalem Force" special unit called 15 thousand soldiers, against the opposition, arrived in Damascus to fight. connected to Iran's Revolutionary Guards "Jerusalem Force" and called the special unit consisting of 15 thousand elite soldiers, landed in Syria.

www.sabah.com.tr...
edit on 11-2-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
15,000 elite troops, isnt that going to leave Iran without any to defend themselves with. To be quite honest i doubt they even have 150 of what we in England would call comando's or traind to that level. What they should say is 15,000 that have automatic weapon's but still cant shoot straight and would be wiped out by 150 English comando's

Maybe you should study up then. The Iranian Revolutionary Guard has over 100,000 personnel, harder trained and better equipped than regular soldiers, and happen to be a regional and asymmetrical organization. The Quds Force are composed of elite soldiers, obviously designed for the purpose of regional deployment.

And special operations doesn't equal commandos. It means highly-trained soldiers who conduct operations that are both off the radar and impractical for regular forces.

As for your jingoist view on the SAS, perhaps you should know that the SAS is one of the last stand-out observations of the UK military. Commandos aren't worth much unless you have a significant military to back them up. In fact, a commandos role mostly revolves around intel gathering, recon, strategic attacks, etc. They are not simply superior soldiers that you throw into a gun fight against guys who "can't shoot straight" because they will most certainly target your commandos first. God forbid letting one of your commandos get captured in the midst of a battle.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join