It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comcast vs U-verse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Any suggestions, was told U-verse not available for us,other than moving, not financially able to at this time.

Just tried to switch from Comcast to U-verse and would you believe that our complex won't let us save some money and switch to get U-verse. (Seems as if the complex probably got a huge kickback from Comcast so they give there tenants no choice.) Whatever happened to choice? Seems like that's dead in more cases than just this one scenario.

edit on 10-2-2012 by 1loserel2 because: wanted to change title

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

i had the same problem the owner said they didnt want a bunch of different cables all over the building. which makes sence because how they already set the building up for cable. its a pain living in an apartment.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

i live in a single family home in a good neighborhood and when i moved in i called u-verse first, AT&T told me that not only could we not get U-Verse at my location, but the only internet they could offer me at my home was dial up. this was two years ago, sadly, i called a month ago and it is still the same.
how is it not a monopoly when the only non satellite provider is Comcast. i rent and the property owner does not allow a dish.

yup i also am miffed about the problem.

went with Comcast and paying 200 a month. unhappy with the raping

-dreamer

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Comcast will soon be our only option, they are too big to be stopped, and will continue raping their customers on the price. I have internet with them, and "every single day" they send me BS trying to get me to go for the full package of cable and phone with my internet. Relentless about getting everyone into their system.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I recently moved and the option of verizons fios service or Comcast for internet and cable. Hooked up Comcast then got an online quote from Verizon and decided to switch to their service.
Then, I had a crazy idea...since I was getting other service anyway soon, why not call Comcast and see if they could do better. It took an hour of bartering but they caved and gave me a crazy good deal. Verizon couldn't come close when I called them back to see what they had to offer.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I reminded Comcast that their employees recieve free cable and after hookup, it's all profit (after small fees for maintenance). They have a gravy train because we need our idiot boxes.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I had Verizon DSL for a time when I first moved to Southern Ohio. All went well until one day I get a call from Bombay India. Trying to sell me insurance. This guy had all of my personal information, and when queried, admitted he got it from Verizon. So, I get on the phone, asking for a supervisor, going up the line, and after about an hour I get the CEO's office, one of his suburbanites. I accused them of selling, conveying, or transferring my personal information to a third party without my permission, as pertaining to the contract I had with Verizon. We went around and around for 15 minutes or so, and he finally said he would end my contract, but wanted money, some $142. I told him to get it, he would have to take me to court, where he would not be facing a lawyer, but he would be facing me, personally, and I would show his criminal activity, and violation or my 4th Amendment Rights. He backed down, and Verizon swallowed the $142.
I switched to Time Warner Cable, and I love the fast Roadrunner Internet. Here we do not have cable in all areas, but it is slowing getting there. I also keep hearing of free Wifi for everyone. If they get that, I may have to install a wireless card on my rig.

new topics

top topics

join