It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Angry Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop [Posts on Facebook]

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Hello everyone. I have been reading on ATS for quite some time. I just started an account today,and this is my first post. This video reminded me of something,I'm pretty sure I saw on TV. Some teacher was talking about engaging his students in learning, using twitter and other social networking type sites. He felt that engaging them on these sites would aid in the learning,as they are familiar and comfortable forms of communication for the kids. Perhaps that was the fathers angle in posting this on youtube? I am not condemning nor advocating his actions. Just curious to the thoughts of others on that idea.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I need to take a chapter out of this man's parenting book! His daughter will definitely hate him, but she will most likely learn some damn manners down the road. Parents are too easy on their kids. It's hard, but they need discipline to be respectful people.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
this story has so many mixed responses! which is pretty interesting. I for one agree with the poster who said you can't really tell this guy how to raise his kids, he's obviously not the greatest parent because his daughter ended up this way, so this shouldn't even surprise anyone as a desperate measure of discipline. He's an idiot, because he could have hoaxed the laptop shooting, with a look alike broken one, and sold his daughters.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KwisatzHaderach
reply to post by jaduguru

Um sir you flick a cigarette to get the cherry off, you obviously don't smoke.

Actually I do smoke .. and have been for a Very long time... so you Sir are incorrect.

However.. I will retract my 'butt' statement after review of the Vid. He does have a Butt can that he threw his cig but towards ( he will probably pick them up and dispose properly ). MY BAD on that ! I

JG.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by graphuto

Originally posted by jaduguru
So he hacked into her FB ?", " Invasion of Privacy on dads part .. its akin to looking at her diary without permission

He actually didn't hack it which ya'll would know if you read through the entire thread.

Also, a 15 year old has NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY unless she is bathing or crapping.

Yea..sorry we didnt read through the entire thread. I guess my wife just assumed that she had her wall or whatever private. We would have never realized the dad got into the profile from the dogs account lol.

Ok on the privacy thing .. I guess NO 15 year old has Any rights to Privacy no matter how mature they are. Ill have to take note of that. *sarcasm off*

JG.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

5. Holster that Gun .. Dont Ever Use your firearm in this way man. There are Cars in the backround. .. You should know better to shoot with a solid backdrop.

The rest of what you said was so ridiculous I won't even address it but, wow. Do you know anything about guns? He was shooting at the ground. That's as solid of a backdrop as there is.

What is so ridiculous in my post that you are unwilling to discuss ? The possible fakery or that this guy has lost control of his emotions ... ? ..

Yes I do know about Guns. And I have learned that if you see anything but backdrop you dont fire ( even at an angle in that direction ). Just me I guess ..

JG.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

Just a few points of clarification for the opinionated.

You're jealous of his hat and boots. This is obvious.

Keep it in the house comment... Look, this fellow created this video to be viewed by his daughter's friends and others close to their family. Not with the intention of going viral as it obviously has.

LOL on the hat and boot thing .. you dont know me.

Then why not create a private account to upload the vid and send it JUST to his family and the girls friends .. instead of uploading on the YT ?

You know the funny thing is that was HIS Laptop lol.. He shot his Own laptop that he paid for and was basically loaning it out... and blew it away with 1.00 a shot exploding rounds ..

Another thing. So because Dad shoots up his 15 yr old girls laptop with a .45 cal semi-auto to teach her a 'lesson' .. does that mean that Other dads should start shooting up electronics ?

I mean...should I start shooting up the kids DS's or Wii remotes when I dont get a satisfactory result out of my kids ? Mine are younger .. mebbe I should use a BB gun ??

When do you start ( as a parent ) pulling out big guns and shooting the crap out of something just to 'teach' them. 12,13,14,15 ??

Are you that (in)sensitive to what an emotional human being is going through at 15 ( especially a girl at that age that goes through some Serious Chemical changes in Her body !! ) ..

I hope you can reconcile your relationship with your children when they finally start to grow up and have some emotional balance. Kids at that age are going through some serious Hormone things..you need to be firm yes.. but Not out of control yourselves as parents.

JG.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Well I am sorry then, I can recognize my mistakes. I also did not see the butt can.
2nd line

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

5. Holster that Gun .. Dont Ever Use your firearm in this way man. There are Cars in the backround. .. You should know better to shoot with a solid backdrop.

The rest of what you said was so ridiculous I won't even address it but, wow. Do you know anything about guns? He was shooting at the ground. That's as solid of a backdrop as there is.

What is so ridiculous in my post that you are unwilling to discuss ? The possible fakery or that this guy has lost control of his emotions ... ? ..

Yes I do know about Guns. And I have learned that if you see anything but backdrop you dont fire ( even at an angle in that direction ). Just me I guess ..

JG.

Have you ever seen someone actually "lose control of their emotions?" I guess not, since you think that this guy has. Someone who has "lost control of their emotions", setting up a camera would be the furthest thing from their mind. He was upset, sure, but very cool, calm, and collected. When someone loses their #, it's a SCARY thing, and there will never be any question as to wether or not they have "lost control of their emotions."

I'm sure fake is a possibility, anything is possible. Definitely doesn't feel/seem like it though.

About the gun/backdrop thing:

Why don't you tell me, aside from when doing target practice on a range, when someone would need a backdrop/etc. His property was huge, he was aiming down.

Do you think when someone goes into the woods to shoot a deer/etc, they set up a backdrop?

Like I said, the other points were too ridiculous to even address, but there ya go anyway!

You don't think the bullet might travel through the earth and hit someone in China do you?
edit on 12-2-2012 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Ok on the privacy thing .. I guess NO 15 year old has Any rights to Privacy no matter how mature they are. Ill have to take note of that. *sarcasm off*
JG.

You should take note of that, you'll raise well rounded children. Most people don't even know their kids, have no idea where they are or what they're doing, and don't really care.

Let's say your 15 year old kid and a friend are in their room smoking meth or some other crazy #, and you never know because you "respect their privacy."

Trust me, you aren't doing them any favors.
edit on 12-2-2012 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Greetings All,

I had some time so I glanced through the comments. A couple of posters caught what I realized. In most states and counties the gent in question would've been immediately arrested for reckless discharge of a firearm. There are moving vehicles in the background and what appears to be other buildings. However, NC is one of the few states without such a law and Stanley County doesn't have one either. Their state, their county so they can do as they wish.

However, I did ask Sheriff Burris in an email to check on the girl and the family for safety's sake. A firearm should never be picked up and used in anger and I question the mental stability of a person who would do this on video to make a point. We just had a clear demonstration of anger in WA state as Powell murdered his young sons and burned down his own house in a murder-suicide. We don't need another. My best,

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Sounds like my daughter.
Don't like doing something for your family - Slag off your parent's.
Pick the wrong guys - Slag off your parent's.
Get yourself in trouble mouthing off where you shouldn't - slag off your parents.

We know we get slagged off behind our backs, it's happened since the dawn of time, but to air claptrap in full view where it can be seen is a vile blow for any parent.
The tough love thing doesn't work. Facebook is such a marvelous medium that anyone who reads their crap will believe them. Anyone with teenagers should really read some of their msn conversations, now that's an eye popper.
Teenager's talk # to get peoples attention, to be involved with a conversation, the whole woe is me crap just comes easy to them, it's their first step's to becoming a true attention whore, all you can do is hope to god they grow out of it QUICKLY.
edit on 13-2-2012 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by airforce47
Greetings All,

I had some time so I glanced through the comments. A couple of posters caught what I realized. In most states and counties the gent in question would've been immediately arrested for reckless discharge of a firearm. There are moving vehicles in the background and what appears to be other buildings. However, NC is one of the few states without such a law and Stanley County doesn't have one either. Their state, their county so they can do as they wish.

However, I did ask Sheriff Burris in an email to check on the girl and the family for safety's sake. A firearm should never be picked up and used in anger and I question the mental stability of a person who would do this on video to make a point. We just had a clear demonstration of anger in WA state as Powell murdered his young sons and burned down his own house in a murder-suicide. We don't need another. My best,

Oh don't be so melodramatic, he looks pissed off but not enough to kill anyone. He's just trying to make a point and a valid one at that. He's the father of a mouthy disrespectful teenage girl, that's enough to drive anyone mildly potty.
Personally I'd have gone at it with a sledgehammer, far more satisfying.

posted on Feb, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Originally posted by airforce47
Greetings All,

Oh don't be so melodramatic, he looks pissed off but not enough to kill anyone. He's just trying to make a point and a valid one at that. He's the father of a mouthy disrespectful teenage girl, that's enough to drive anyone mildly potty.
Personally I'd have gone at it with a sledgehammer, far more satisfying.

Oh yea .. the Loud Crazy guys are in the paper more then the 'quiet guys'.

You should learn that the 'quiet guys' are the ones you need to look for

He is Wrong In EVERY way Posting .. You may Like this kind of 'personal authorship' of a way to deal with Child .. I dont.

He is Wrong in so many ways period !! You may agree with his method .. but the delivery is solid Wrong.

A lot of you posters that are Pro-this-vid are fringe posters that when your child acts out and speaks out in venues that have nothing to do with YOU as a Parent. Gee .. wonder why. Because you are making yourselves as Parents instead of Friends of your children.

I would think that some of you 'Parents' out there will give NO Privacy ..Why not just lock them up in their rooms with a deadbolt. Let your Anim.. I mean Kids out when you Deem it needed for your sake ?

Guys . Im not meaning to get pissed off..but there are ways to deal with Children. You are Adults !! You have only half of the story on your kids.

The one that Posted Gabran (sp) is correct ... You are the Bow .. you can not place the arrow where you WANT ! .. you only get more restrictions from your kids ( that I know you have loved from day one ) .

JG.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I think you are wrong. A teenager should not have all the privacy in the world. When I was a bratty teenage girl, my parents got mad one night and tore my bedroom door off the hinges. I can't even count how many times I felt like I had no privacy and they were ruining my life. Looking back, I laugh, because I know that if I didn't have the discipline I had, I would have been in trouble all of the time. Teenagers push boundaries. If you give them too much privacy, that just gives them more of a chance to get themselves into trouble. I find it silly that you people compare this man to the one who killed his children and took his life. He destroyed her laptop. She was disrespectful and ungrateful and he showed her not to mess with him. Good on him. That is not something I would do personally, but it doesn't make him a bad or dangerous father. He's a dad that doesn't take crap. Now....if he shoots everything that makes him mad, then there is a problem.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I am sorry to tell you this, but when my youngest son was a teenager, he would have eaten you for dinner!

I was not his friend. I was his parent. (or, biggest bitch on the planet in his words).
After all that happened, and a few years, guess what I got? A thank you.
I was and still am very much like that dad.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
am i the only one who thought this man was stupid for putting in all those upgrades ( who pays that much for upgrades??) and then shooting it therefore wasting that money.. my fiance does alot of tech/computer work and he even was like " do what he paid how much?" when he saw the vid.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Saw the VID...Obviously the Daughter NEEDS Discipline...BUT having said that this guy is a Classic "Nut Job"...pmsl

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join