It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Angry Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop [Posts on Facebook]

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Are you a girl? If not then you can't really speak on this issue because you don't understand the mental state of a young woman.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yes...I would be afraid he might shoot me. The father is (out of control)...he over-reacted...what he did was wrong...end of story.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

agree 100%

If I had a kid he/she wouldn't be allowed over his house after seeing that video

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Are you a girl? If not then you can't really speak on this issue because you don't understand the mental state of a young woman.

I understand the mental state of young PEOPLE. Boys do similar things with similar mindsets.

link   

You're nuts. Sorry you live in the mindset of a wild west USA.

Its 2012 :s

link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

What you wrote there makes sense but she was a dipsh** for saying all of that. On the other hand, I think the father was perfectly within his rights to shoot his own property. He's not directly hurting anyone. He's just being a parent. I think he's a bit disjointed in that he didn't see this becoming a firestorm. I mean, he's exposing his family affairs to the whole world and this never occurred to him even though he's in IT? The only thing I can think is that we don't have the full story. Either way, we can't judge this. Ultimately, if I want to shoot a computer that I own, it's within my rights. No need to over-think this. It's unnecessary.
edit on 10-2-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by graphuto
Sure, there are a few other misguided and unfounded opinions out there. If you read the entirety of the thread, and all of the related comments on all of the other places this video is found, you can't help but see that your viewpoint is the overwhelming minority. Sorry.

that is a very sad fact.

this planet has gone insane.

so if the majority of people are cheering on this bully that must mean he is right.

and this is how people think parents should deal with their kids. shooting off live ammo at their laptop.

i really dont get it anymore.

jims dad wasn't too happy with him either. he did this song especially for his folks. it was the last song he listened to the night he died.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Yes...I would be afraid he might shoot me. The father is (out of control)...he over-reacted...what he did was wrong...end of story.

You're telling me that if your OWN FATHER, whom you had grown up with your entire life, told you he was gonna put a bullet in your computer if you messed up again, and then you tested him on it and he actually did it, that you'd be AFRAID FOR YOUR LIFE?

Sorry, I don't believe you can really say that with a straight face.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The relationship with a daughter and father is vastly different than son and mother, evolutionary and socially.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You're nuts. Sorry you live in the mindset of a wild west USA.

Its 2012 :s

History repeats itself. The more things change, the more they stay the same. There is nothing new under the sun.

Metaphysical relationships and happenings are cyclical in nature.

If you can't attest to that, you still don't understand, or have enough life experience.
edit on 10-2-2012 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Being fearful of your father after he shoots your laptop is a pretty normal reaction I would have thought. In fact I would think that this was part of the logic in shooting it and say not giving it away, or locking it away until she earned it back.

I don't think you can link this to political correctness or the nanny state, its just a guy that went too far showing that his parenting skills leave something to be desired. As I said deal with it in the family - don't try to be a Hollywood star about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Really...you and I can (agree to disagree) on this one. Your mindset to me (on this topic) is very disturbing.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It seems you revert to age attacks when you have nothing meaningful to reply with.

If you think parents killing their kids/child abuse is something rare then go live in reality.

link   
The fact that someone can equate shooting an in-animate object with personal physical violence is disturbing to me...

link   

Originally posted by aboutface
reply to post by sbctinfantry

While I undersand the father's anger at the teen's posting, demanding that she pay for the bullets and the software he just destroyed reminds me of how Iran used to (maybe still do?) charge the family of the executed for the bullets they used to kill their loved ones. Both seem like extreme behaviors.

i'D GO A STEP FURTHER AND BILL HER $50/HR FOR 4 HOURS TO INSTALL AND UPGRADE THE DAMN LAPTOP.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Getting that mad to shoot your daughters laptop over something she SAID is not normal and shows he has an anger management problem.

creeppyyy

He'll prob punch her in her the face and put it on youtube next to show her a "lesson".

edit on 10-2-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It's not about him being so mad that he shot the laptop in a fit of rage, it's about saying something and following through with it. It obviously WASN'T a fit of rage, as he'd clearly had time to calm down, set up a video camera, etc.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

The relationship with a daughter and father is vastly different than son and mother, evolutionary and socially.

Who cares?

Rules are rules, someone's word is their word. He told her he would put a bullet in the laptop if she repeated her conduct, she repeated it, he put a bullet in it. Good for him.

What the hell does any evolutionary b.s. have to do with that? In the past, it was perfectly acceptable for a father to impregnate his own daughter, or sell her for some camels, or arrange a marriage for her with some other old man once she hit 13. Socially, evolutionary?
What does that have to do with parenting? A parent makes some rules, and they demand those rules be followed, and they make some penalties for not following the rules, and they make sure those penalties are doled out appropriately.

And for all the people stating it was a waste of a laptop, and this is the problem with society, get real.
You can't get rid of a laptop! I have 3 at home right now! You can't throw them away, the 2nd hand stores won't give me more than $5 a piece for them. Nobody seems to want them anyway, why not some target practice? And for that matter, I throw away the muffin off my egg mcmuffin every morning. I think about the starving kids in Africa every time I do it, but I don't know their address, and I don't think you can mail a muffin anyway.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

You can send me all your old laptops. I want to make a bullet proof vest out of them.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join