It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Angry Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop [Posts on Facebook]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Anyone see the actual fox news story with the child psychologist?

What a croc, she is just peddling half truths for money.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Surely he has failed as a parent if his daughter has turned out to be such a spoilt bratt. He's the guy who has raised her after all. You reap what you sow.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

He hasn't 'raised her' yet. He is still in the process of 'raising' her. It is not a done

deal till she is an 'adult' and only then will it become apparent if his 'method' has been

successful or not.

My betting is she will be more considerate and respectful of others, and less inclined to take

advantage of people.........................ONLY TIME WILL TELL.

link   
I would hope the video is fake.

If it is not fake I would be very worried about the child.

The father thinks its clever to humilate his daughter on a world stage. He has spied on her, and then posted a video of himself shooting up her laptop.

The mind of a teenage girl can be very fragile.

The guy is talking and thinking about his daughter while he is filling the laptop with bullets. He even tells us what bullets he is using. The gun needs to be taken off him. This is not rational behaviour. The guy is insane.

The guy is going pyscho over teenage girls gossiping on facebook.

I wonder how this guy would feel if the kid tried to harm herself over something like this.

Worldwide humiliation. What a dick.

link   
So if your child ever acts out, you've "clearly failed as a parent?"

It's WHEN the child acts out that you actually DO the parenting.

Get a clue, people. I could see my dad doing something similar to this!
edit on 10-2-2012 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Or she has bad influences as her friends. You can't always point the blame back at the parent when the kid ends up being a degenerate. At least he kept his word on shooting her laptop and didn't shy away from it.

link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Awesome on the Dad!
Assuming she had been given previous warnings and chose to ignore them, and assuming he doesn't cave in and buy a new laptop a week later.

I've broken my kids toys before, and I've tossed them in the garbage before. I'll tell them a few times to get their junk out of the floor, but if they refuse, then it goes in the garbage. Just last night, my son got a new karate belt, and he was very proud of it, but 30 minutes later it was lying on the floor, and he went running and stepped on it as he ran through, which made me mad. I grabbed it and headed for the trash can, and he just about tackled me, and apologized, and he went and hung it up on its appropriate hook, and he also found his pants and jacket and hung them up as well, and I didn't even have to say anything.

link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Wow. "Going psycho?" Hardly.

Guns aren't scary, people...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Exactly, I could remember when I'd get in trouble by my mother and all she would have to say is "Wait until your father comes home" and you cut the crap right away.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The child is a reflection of the father.
Wealthy white trash.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
reply to post by graphuto

Exactly, I could remember when I'd get in trouble by my mother and all she would have to say is "Wait until your father comes home" and you cut the crap right away.

Oh yea. #, sometimes she'd call him HOME from work. Haha, you knew you #ed up then!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
Wealthy white trash.

Children RARELY turn out to be "reflections of the fathers."

Grow up, observe the world around you.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
Wealthy white trash.

Also, why exactly do you say he is "white trash?" Because he is white, and outside, and owns a gun?

link   

Originally posted by graphuto

Wow. "Going psycho?" Hardly.

Guns aren't scary, people...

filling is kids laptop with bullets is noraml behaiour is it?

what if he decides to fill the kid with bullets the next time.

of course thats if she doesn't suicide first.

link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

as I said, Who are you to think you know how to raise HIS child? You watch an 8 minute video and pass judgement on him that he is doing it "DEAD WRONG"! OMG this is why people need to get off of their high horses! You don't know him, you don't know his child or it's influences. For all you know, he is doing it right. In my opinion, he wasn't harsh enough. Kid wants to disrespect me, Then kid gets nothing! Kick it out and make it come begging back! In my opinion, parents are not parents anymore. Parents act like kids friends. Kids don't need friends for parents. Kids need structure and discipline. But then again, what do I know.

I remember when I called my mom stupid in front of my dad one day. He smacked me in the face hard. I never called my mom stupid again. now if my dad said "go to your room your grounded" or something stupid like that, then I'd have thought no big whoop and would have disrespected them once again, probably. But I was taught that day, not to disrespect them, either of them. Parents now days need to grab some balls and parent up. but that's just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

filling is kids laptop with bullets is noraml behaiour is it?

what if he decides to fill the kid with bullets the next time.

of course thats if she doesn't suicide first.

It surely isn't "psycho" behaviour. He shot a laptop. In case you didn't know, that's known as an "in-animate object." Similar to shooting a tree, or a bottle, or even a target. Big #ing deal.

Why on earth would he fill the kid with bullets? Now THAT's psycho.

SUICIDE? Wow. Are YOU that weak?
edit on 10-2-2012 by graphuto because: (no reason given)

link   
I've seen alot of posters talking about the girl being humiliated like that's a bad thing. The root word of humiliated is humility, being humble, which is of the highest virtues in life. Unfortunately there's not too many pleasant ways of learning that, and sometimes our role as a parent precludes teaching it.
I'm a parent (grandparent now) and I can promise you I would never spend money on a computer to let my kids sit there and trash me with it. There's respect for authority, a new sense of humility, clearly drawn boundries, all of that for six bucks worth of ammo ain't that bad of a deal really. Yeah it's melodramatic to a fault, but isn't everything lately? I am willing to bet her chores are getting done now.

link   
OMG! FTW! Dad came across as balanced and restrained, well spoken and to the point. Kudos Dad! I hope she learned her lesson, along with providing much fun on FB. A heart-warming video.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Thats class, facebook is the root of all evil.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

He warned her last time that if she posted stuff like that again on the internet he would put a bullet in the computer, he stuck to his word, back in the day you used to be able to rely on a mans word. I'm glad some still follow through. If he backed down what would that show the child, that she can manipulate him and make him go against his word? Do you have kids?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join