It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Angry Dad Shoots Daughter's Laptop [Posts on Facebook]

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'd like to hire him to discipline my niece. Can just imagine if he did that to her SIMS game?
I made her watch the video and told I was going to do that if she kept it up with her mouth and buy did that start mouth going. Dang brat. Kids these days.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
How in the hell is this responsible gun ownership?

Anyone who agrees with this type of parenting is not thinking clearly. You don't teach someone to respect you by shooting bullets into their laptop. What a responsible parent would do is ground their kid from using the laptop until they showed that they respected the rules and understood that posting things like that online were unacceptable. He could have even sold the laptop and not wasted over a hundred bucks that he had just spent the day before. Clearly, this guy has every right to be upset at his daughter. But, bringing a gun into the picture tells me he is not level-headed by any means.

edit on 2/11/2012 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/11/2012 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
This was good parenting, and lots of fun to watch.

A similar incident happened in the family when we were growing up. My brother shot me with an air rifle. When our real dad found out, he took the air rifle and smashed it against a tree. That sent a message that tools used in damaging others get killed.

Which might be a problem for this video. That gun shot her computer!

Fifteen years old to get a job? Fine for the country. If in the city she would be too young to hire. There is no excuse, if you are born and raised in the same family, to start backtalking parents at age 15.

The extra nice thing is, I don't know who this girl is. All I saw was her dad. That is the way it's supposed to be online! Teens should be invisible.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Sandalphon because: in the city

edit on 11-2-2012 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

The way I see it is.....

He bought everything he gave to her. He obviously loves his daughter if he's willing to basically give her things for free. He mentions how he didn't have things handed to him while growing up. So he's been giving his daughter more then he had at his age. He obviously also cares about his daughter to where he would spend hours getting her laptop's software installed. He was THINKING OF HER and PUTTING HER BEFORE HIMSELF and she obviously doesn't appreciate anything he's done for her. Even so much to say that when she wouldn't take care of them if they got old and feeble. Its outright disrespect. I would never say that about my parents no matter how disgruntled I was with them. Directly or Indirectly. Sure, I'd get angry sometimes and have spats with them but I learned that isn't how I'm going to "get my way".

She didn't do anything to earn the laptop, cell phone, etc except the chores she was asked to do. While the shooting of the laptop was a little harsh she deserved it. Apparently she didn't learn her lesson the first time when he didn't destroy the laptop and simply took it away.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
edit on 2/11/2012 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

That is a nice estimate but I think right now this girl is acting like the boy in that video when his mom took away his WoW account. Flinging himself on the bed and spazzing out with a remote control.

Oh my gosh dad! How could you do this to me! And in front of all my friends!?! Etc.

Just take your typical teen-girl hormone rant, add some pms to that (if that is possible), some expletives, and add the rage of not getting digital crack in social networking. Then there will be tears.

The next stage would be seething with wrath, plotting revenge. 20 bucks says she goes and gets knocked up by some guy who owns an ipad.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

Atta boy dad...

giver hell!!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

How in the hell is this responsible gun ownership?

Very responsible. He hit what he aimed at and 'killed' it for a good cause.

What's interesting to me?

If he'd of stuffed his daughter's laptop into the oven, or microwave or washing machine? Most of you wouldn't have said 'boo'. It's because he used a GUN OH MY GAWD A GUN OH MY GOD RUNNNNN A GUN - that most people have their shorts in a twirl.

(Next is not directed at PhantomLimb)

When people get it through their terrified sheeple heads (someday) and not only understand but absorb, finally, that (on their own) in-ground pools, cars, PHARMACEUTICAL DRUGS, etc, kill more children in a year, than guns? Maybe people will, just maybe, stop reacting with hysteria - over a GUN. A gun is nothing any more or less than a tool, just like a lighter. Both can kill depending on your intent and use.

Another thing I like about this guy? Well first, I didn't like that he swore (when he didn't appreciate his daughter's potty mouth) but I do appreciate he reacted with THOUGHT, and INTENTION, and COOLHEADEDLY continued through with what he promised. No more 'If you don't stop that by the count of 3 you're going to the car' young lady BS. HE DID WHAT HE PROMISED HE WOULD DO. Something a lot of parents could take note from.

peace
edit on 11-2-2012 by silo13 because: spelling and bbc

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I support gun ownership, still sends a violent message. Just because he isn't beating it with a baseball act doesn't mean it doesn't send the same message even though it isn't as violent to watch.

Fact is, it isn't him shooting it that is the worst part, that is just showing his ass on the internet, it is the fact that he posted this publicly. We shouldn't know about the argument between this man and his daughter, but we do. It is public humiliation and no one should punish their kids psychologically like that.

Maybe you can't understand the harm, but you spank a kid you don't have to worry about them offing themselves because their entire highschool is making fun of them.

Dip# father is still a dip#.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Well if he hadn't stopped her in this instance that may have been the next step for her

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by KwisatzHaderach

I know from personal experience that "they are not all like that" and i take my hat off to

the parents and 'minors' of those who are not like that

UNFORTUNATELY

Again from personal experience There ARE TOO MANY " that are like that!"

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Checked on youtube just now to see how many views this video has....11,948,980

Yup...that's right....

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well folks .. my wife and I just watch the video together. ( we have 2 younglings )

My wife is a facebook user and I am not.

We paused the vid off and on to discuss our reactions before running the vid all the way through ..Our results and feelings are as such :

Wife: " So he hacked into her FB ?", " Invasion of Privacy on dads part .. its akin to looking at her diary without permission .", " She is only 15 and dad is acting the same age as her ? ", " Why did he just shoot a working laptop ? " .

Im thinking this has a 50/50 chance of being a 'staged' vid ( would have been more believable if the laptop was open and running ).

1. I think dad ( as a proclaimed IT guy ) took out all of the internals of the machine. So It was basically an empty shell. Remember that laptop needed a new battery and power cord ?? Might/Could it have been more expensive to 'Upgrade' then to just buy a new $300 machine for her to use for 'school' ? .. I digress ..

Ok..so lets assume its the Real deal.

2. A parent of a child should Never react in anger. Sure .. Dad was angry .. but does that mean he has to go outside ... set up a tripod for his 'intentional' YT vid and describe to the whole World why this 15 yr old is being 'disrespectful' ? Then blow away her laptop with a .45 ? .. A shotgun would have been better then that man .. you know..for the Visuals ..

3. Putting on a stetson hat and fancy boots dont make you a 'cowboy'. Whats with flicking your Cig Butt ? ( good ol' boy thing I guess is what the theme is eh ? ).

4. Keep YOUR House In YOUR House man ! Its NONE of the worlds Biz to know what happens with you and your family.

5. Holster that Gun .. Dont Ever Use your firearm in this way man. There are Cars in the backround. .. You should know better to shoot with a solid backdrop.

Basically what the dad is suggesting is ' you can think it..just dont say it or share it ' ..

Guys .. the basic problem is not knowing your kids. .. or how they feel inside.

Kids climb up the ladder of life just like you did.. some want to skip a rung or two .. but its you that have to catch them when they 'slip up'.

We as parents KNOW this is going to happen .. yet now we blast holes in their computers or phones or DS or Xbox or whatever. So now we as parents want to shoot off a few rungs or two when they 'slip up' ?

We are 2 years ahead of our kids .. I know what there getting into .. Before they ever got there. I will Never.. EVER consider World wide humiliation for a child.

But then again .. some parents are childish ..This Vid proves it .. bummer ..

GJ.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaduguru

5. Holster that Gun .. Dont Ever Use your firearm in this way man. There are Cars in the backround. .. You should know better to shoot with a solid backdrop.

The rest of what you said was so ridiculous I won't even address it but, wow. Do you know anything about guns? He was shooting at the ground. That's as solid of a backdrop as there is.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I agree with what this father did if more parents did some tough Love with there kids there would be alot less problems.. She disrespected him and his house the onley thing i would have done diffrently is i would have contacted my local organization and donated this computer to a disabled veteran or a homebound senior citizen before i shot the computer up a simple donation like this could could change someone's whole day ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jaduguru

He answered this question to the media...and it's on his face book, theres a link to it

somewhere on this thread!!

He DIDN'T hack into her face book......it came up in a seperate situation as often does

when someone is caught out doing something they 'shouldn't' be...

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaduguru
So he hacked into her FB ?", " Invasion of Privacy on dads part .. its akin to looking at her diary without permission

He actually didn't hack it which ya'll would know if you read through the entire thread.

Also, a 15 year old has NO EXPECTATION OF PRIVACY unless she is bathing or crapping.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Just a few points of clarification for the opinionated.

He accessed her wall by logging into the family dog's facebook profile, yes their dog has a facebook profile... Which the daughter forgot to block. No hacking required. A Wall comment is not private, it is public or set to viewable by friends, your wife should know this. It's not a diary.

You're jealous of his hat and boots. This is obvious.

He was not angry. He was cool, calm, but disappointed and was in the process of keeping a promise he made to his daughter.

Holster his Gun (we prefer the term weapon, but to each their own), solid backdrop? Pretty sure shooting straight down into soft earth constitutes as a backdrop. Personally I'd have a done it a bit safer but even "safe" backdrops offer ricochet potential...

Keep it in the house comment... Look, this fellow created this video to be viewed by his daughter's friends and others close to their family. Not with the intention of going viral as it obviously has. This man has posted an update recently basically telling all the media to leave him alone as he won't be doing any of the interviews he is being asked to attend. And I'm sure it's safe to say he knows his child very well.

Don't be so skeptical. Don't be too shocked. Actual parenting discipline can be a real eye opener to see this day in age, I know.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

I agree there are way to many that act such. When I was in school these people refrained from speaking to me based upon the fact that I would call them on being ungrateful and lazy.
edit on 11-2-2012 by KwisatzHaderach because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Um sir you flick a cigarette to get the cherry off, you obviously don't smoke.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join