It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kia Ora ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Hello (Kia Ora) ATS people,
Been lurking here for a couple of weeks and thought Its about time I showed my face.
A little about myself.
48 yr young. Jobless at the mo. Jack of all trades master of none. Living in a small seaside town in the Bay of Plenty,Nth Island, New Zealand. Have too much time on my hands so trying to quench my thirst for knowledge to a point Im almost addicted to it.
Have always been interested in "alternative views/media". Like a lot of people here, I have lost faith in mainstream media so always seeking fellow "thinkers" to hopefully get the "Truth" or at least something closer to it.
So have been on a "pilgrimage of knowledge" the last 6 mths or so. All I can say is its been a mind altering
journey so far and Ive only just started catching up again after many years of being out of the "loop" trying to create some sort of "nest egg" for retirement which without going into detail was a complete waist of effort and sacrifice.
Worked hard and long hours for 30 years only to lose everything in the 2008 recession. Now Im just too tired to start again.So I decided to make just enough to live on ever since, which I must say is quite refreshing.
Instinctively I knew something was wrong with our "system".So I absorbed as much as I could initially about the politics of money which led to other topics and even more insights much of which was frightening and sometimes exciting. Following sites like this and others over time has confirmed my instincts completely.
I was one of the "sheeple" I read about. "Lock stock and two smoking barrels". But no more.
Was blind but now I see.
And that has made me angry,motivated and focused.
Ive tried to enlighten others in my sphere of influence but most prefer to go back their meadow and chew on their grass baaing away while watching American Idol ,The Kardashians or Jersey Shore.
So here I am, willing to put my 2c worth in every now and then.

Peace y"all.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Enjoy your stay

&

Happy Huntin'

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexx790

Welcome to the tribe!

Look forward to your contributions.

beez

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Lexx790

Hello

Welcome to ATS , look forward to reading your contributions,

its a shame about you losing everything. id hate to think everything im working for now can easily go down the drain but i guess thats just life/reality.

there will always be those who deny ignorance

hope you have a fantastic day!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Welcome aboard

Flag for you

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Welcome.

I just want to say that, even though it seems like most people don't know what's going on (how we are all screwed over by politicians and big business) and are "sheeple" (I hate that term), most are aware but in my opinion don't really grasp it until they get older - and start to really think about what its all about.

From my experience, most people show an interest but are too busy surviving, and probably too conditioned by the system that is all we have ever known,

But when you have more time to think about it all - when you get older (or obsessives like me) things start to make sense, and people feel helpless to stop it.

I just don't want you to write people off, the more that know the better to prepare - as one day it will be open history instead of suppressed truths.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Always nice to see a Kiwi. The most beautiful country in a world. Had a honor to live there for a year.

posted on Feb, 12 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Welcome Lexx790

To save yourself a lot of searching and even possible future heartache and frustration, please review the below....

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Be sure to try out our Ask ATS with the 'topic' search words of your choice. I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

AboveTopSecret is much like a theme park with a bunch of rides, so with that said...

Here's a few thoughts before getting onto any one of the 1000's of topical rides at Above Top Secret (ATS), the world's largest Civil & Unique Discussion Community.

* Please check out those links posted above before getting on one of the rides. This will save you a lot of future stress, frustration and possible action by one of your friendly neighborhood Mods!

* Please be sure that you act like an 'civil' adult and are at least this tall to get on any of the rides, (Johnny stretches his arm outward).

* Please remember that some members are very passionate and vocal depending on what ride your all on. You should be mentally fit, stable and have a strong stomach for theories, conjecture, research and evidence presented.

* Please be "open-minded" enough to understand that sometimes the ride isn't always what you might expect. Be aware you also might end up learning something new and 'out-of-the-box' before you get off the ride.

* Please note that at times the ride gets overly-heated and "it's strongly suggested" to get off the ride to regroup one's thoughts before continuing. This will also help guarantee that the ride will move forward without getting derailed or explode into a fiery trashbin.

* Please have fun! But be aware that if you act in an uncivil-like manner, use profanity, intentially spread a hoax and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is not only for your safety, but also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

Johnny

new topics

top topics

join