It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Himalayan ice melt estimates get a major downsizing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Himalayan ice melt estimates get a major downsizing

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com

Are global warming skeptics being armed with a new weapon? Estimates from satellite monitoring suggest the melt rate from the Himalayas and other high-altitude Asian mountains in recent years was much less than what scientists on the ground had estimated, but those monitoring the satellite data warn not to jump to the skeptical conclusion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
This news story quoted and linked above, coming a few week after the one quoted and linked here: news.yahoo.com...
From NASA Study:
NASA satellite data from the years 2000 through 2011 show the Earth's atmosphere is allowing far more heat to be released into space than alarmist computer models have predicted, reports a new study in the peer-reviewed science journal Remote Sensing. The study indicates far less future global warming will occur than United Nations computer models have predicted, and supports prior studies indicating increases in atmospheric carbon dioxide trap far less heat than alarmists have claimed.

Off course global warming is happening!

However alarmist, and hysteria has now prevented any normal skeptical and rational communications in this area.
Off course, this finding, showing the HUGE exaggeration of current models, will be brushed aside as always, followed by name calling.
And then, I and any skeptic, rational thinker will be called a Global Climate Change DENIER, when in fact no one is denying this.
See it happen, here in action!

Watermelon people. Green on the outside, red on the inside, and full of hysteria.
These are my comments and opinion!

worldnews.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 10-2-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I find it kind of funny how one is advised "not to jump to being skeptical."

Science is a strange community. When we observe faster-than-light Neutrinos, we are advised "to remain skeptical." When we observe less global warming, we are advised to "not be skeptical of global warming."

... Where are the mad scientists trying to blow up the planet? They may not have a good reason... but at least their version of things makes sense.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
This is a quote from the Guardian:

Prof Jonathan Bamber, the director of the Bristol Glaciology Centre at the University of Bristol who wrote an accompanying article for Nature, said: "The very unexpected result [from the Nature study] was the negligible mass loss from [region known as] 'high mountain Asia', which is not significantly different from zero."

So 0 change. Thats ZERO! Seems like NOTHING to ME, but I am apparently just a blind arrogant ignorant hick climate change denier (I am not btw)...

...and NOW the QUOTE gets REALLY FUNNY, REAL FAST, check it out:

But does this surprising discovery mean that the world's glaciers – often described as climate change's "canaries in the mine" – are not in fast retreat as a result of warming temperatures, as has long been presumed?

Prof John Wahr of the University of Colorado, one of the study's authors, warned against this conclusion: "Our results and those of everyone else show we are losing a huge amount of water into the oceans every year. People should be just as worried about the melting of the world's ice as they were before." He added: "It is awfully dangerous to take an eight-year record and predict even the next eight years, let alone the next century."

Ha, ha. ROFLMO!
Isn't that exactly what climate alarmists are doing? Predicting from short term trends? Not with much accuracy by the way,
Oh what hypocrisy!
Off course, this too will be ignored.
And typical bait and switch. Study on glaciers not as expected, lets talk about the arctics then!
WAKE UP!
Fight IGNORANCE AND ARROGANCE!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

They may have to admit that global warming has come to an end.

We have entered into a global cooling era.

I guess Al Gore was wrong.

top topics

join