It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's an update on the "strange metal boxes washed up on Oregon beach"

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AdaptationNation

If they had any weight to them as it is suggested and if the water washed it up on to wet sand, more than likely the box would naturally level itself.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

it feels like a hoax, looks like a hoax, may well be a hoax. I cant get any credible info on this anywhere. I cant wait for the aliens to get here either but lets not get carried away. The wild speculation is just as annoying as the lack of info.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by w3thepatient

ya im tending that way,,
except for one
niggling,,itchy-scratchy,,,
a report of an egyptian relic find,, antiquities thing,,
then these boxs pop up,
kind of like a world wide game of
,find the next clue ?

me.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What happened to this case ? Did they find out what the boxes are and move them ? Did any ATS members investigate this?? I would hope so . What was the final solution or answer???
DWT

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
it just went away...
like so many other topics

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
What happened to this case ? Did they find out what the boxes are and move them ? Did any ATS members investigate this?? I would hope so . What was the final solution or answer???
DWT
Why arent these boxes being pulled up out of the sand by huge front end loaders and then ripped open to see what they really are and whats inside of them..."Live",on national tv?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

You call this an update, precisely zero additional information is revealed except the source is some waco UFO/Alien speculative site. And that is how these non-information sites get their legs, by providing zero information and just throwing darts with an illiterate blindfold on.

Why doesn't anyone crack open one of these boxes, is there a mattress tag on them or something, JEEZ! Has anyone kicked the side of one yet? Why no lab analysis on any of them. Thanks for nothing, nice non-update that provides nothing. Why am I picturing that Cheech and Chong skit about not stepping in crap in the snow? At least they provide more analysis that this.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
As far as updates go, I would hazard to guess, since nothing ever came from this, there were never really any boxes at all, and the story was a complete fabrication.

That is of course just a guess, based on statistical probabilities modeled off experience in seeing similar stories likes this over many years.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Forgot all about these "boxes" due to lack of updates, so had a quick look and found this.

issuesoncall.blogspot.co.nz...

"(Florence, Oregon) – A rash of outrageous and hilariously odd stories about beach junk on the central Oregon coast turned a slightly dark corner last week when the claims about “mysterious metal boxes,” caused such a stir on the Net that various entities and individuals were forced to waste resources, man hours and money to either look for these objects or answer an irritatingly large tsunami of questions from over-excited media outlets. Still even less reputable websites engaged in a disturbing display of spreading unfounded claims, as some further embellished the original tale with even more preposterous yarns about a cover up, men in black on the beaches, secret ops helicopters and much more."

"The “mysterious metal boxes” turned out to be made of wood, and were merely parts of a float system for a dock that had been destroyed upstream in a recent flood."

This is the latest stuff I could find.
Debunked? You decide.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexx790

Thanks for that update. It just proves how even the most innocent, "mundane" thing can stir up disinformation and wild-eyed theories simply to create a story.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexx790

"Raaf captures flying saucer on ranch in roswell region"...Next days headlines..."General ramey empties roswell saucer"...Is there really anything else to say?

edit on 31-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

haven't read the thread in full to see i anyone has said this ...

but are any of you considering the expected washed up debris from the Japan Tsunami...

just a question..

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I work for the fish wildlife and park department and I see strange things wash up on the river banks all of the time. Tires, cans, trash of all kinds. I would not say it is a conspiracy of sorts but I do think it warrants investigation. Especially if more than one washed up in a general area. What is in the boxes? That is the big question.

posted on Apr, 25 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Okay I just recently heard about these "strange boxes"...

I know very little about them, thought they were interesting enough to do a little googling myself.

As expected, I found a lot of skeptics crying hoax.

I must say, knowing little to nothing about this topic, looking at it completely objectively, the people crying hoax seem like some freaking professional misinformation artists... I couldn't get past the personal attacks, outlandish claims, and blatant misdirection!!!

Based solely on the way at which the people bashing the boxes come across, I'd say I'd have to believe those who claim to have witnessed the boxes.

That said... We live in a digital world... Why the lack of "photographical evidence"? It's not like a UFO where one needs to "act fast" to catch a glimpse... It's a freaking immovable object!!! If I lived there I would have checked this out immediately for myself.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It's taken me awhile to find it but,I located the REAL follow up to this "interesting story" Follow the link below....

[url= hauntedearthghostvideos.blogspot.com... ]

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

you guys will believe in anything

Masko himself has a sketchy reputation for creating outlandish articles, often quite untrue, and is called a “serial fabricator” by central coast residents. The “mysterious metal boxes” turned out to be made of wood, and were merely parts of a float system for a dock that had been destroyed upstream in a recent flood. The series of hoaxes all began February 9 as Huliq contributor Masko posted a story about “mysterious metal boxes” in the Florence area and just south of Yachats, showing pictures of the debris, and making claims about strange auras and noises emanating from them, and asserting they had something to do with alleged UFO sightings in the area. Almost immediately, a host of other websites picked up the story, usually with varying degrees of skepticism, and the story went viral. Readers seemed in awe of the subject, which to the UFO nutjob community seemed to provide proof of the paranorma source

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
geez...JUST OPEN THEM UP!!! oooooo!!!....scary boxes!...we can't wait to open them up...we'll just leave them closed and talk about it endllessly on ATS on what they COULD contain...

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I don't think it's a hoax, because I don't really think it's anything but flotsam in the picture. I'm from Oregon, and my friends in Depoe Bay and Bandon have heard about more flotsam from Japan, but nobody had heard anything about any of them making noise or being unusual. I think it's a case of trying to find suspicion where it doesn't really need to be. As far as Hazmat teams being called out that's not true either, my friend is on Depoe Bay FD and said they haven't sent any teams out to investigate boxes, but they do periodically check the collected trash for radiation due to the nature of it.

Of course if anything strange shows up that I hear about, I'll mention it. But odds are high that the 'boxes' were already disposed of along with the other flotsam. The original source for the information as also a little less than credible.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This story really has me amazed. Could these boxes have popped up from a wreck of some sort? Or cargo from a plane?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timmerman421
This story really has me amazed. Could these boxes have popped up from a wreck of some sort? Or cargo from a plane?

These sealed metal boxes are indeed alien, placed along significant coastlines to abort sudden and jolting plate movements. The number of boxes discovered by mankind, uncloaked and visible, are a miniscule number compared to the total in use, which range in the thousands. Most are under water. They are supposed to be cloaked, so that humans can look right at them and not SEE them, but mistakes are made in the rush to place the boxes, on occasion, so some are left visible. Have governments removed them and tried to crack them open? Yes, but the boxes disappear from storage, without a trace. Why is the impact of plate movements being restrained, at present, when the Council of Worlds has ruled that the Pole Shift is a natural event not to be averted? It has scarcely passed notice that our original statements about the 7 of 10 scenarios, whereby we anticipated a rapid start at the end of 2010, did not unfold. The 7 of 10 pace has been slow, not rapid. The Council of Worlds wants the public to be aware of what is happening, what is pending, so that spiritual decisions can be made, the population having opportunity to evaluate the situation properly. The cover-up has prevented that school house lesson from occurring. Thus, temporarily, the pace of change here on Earth will be slowed, but not averted. Nor is the ultimate result or timeframe being changed. The battleground is on the cover-up, as the recent decision to allow more visibility of the Planet X complex has shown. For those who wonder how the boxes work, why the hum or aurora type glow they occasionally emit, we have no comment. You would not understand the mechanics, nor be able to replicate the boxes, and in any case if the secrets were understood those in the Service-to-Self in your establishment would use this information to control and harm the common man. The boxes will remain a mystery, in this regard.

www.zetatalk.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join