It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from a Dying Man

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
This gentleman does not write like a 90-year-old. You will note that he lacks both grammatical and orthographic skills that someone of that age would definitely possess. He lacks prose. He does not even write like an old-time engineer. He doesn't write like an old-time anything. On this alone, I would call this member a bogus character.

Look at the signs, people. Whatever you might want to learn from this person, the simple truth is staring right at you.

No one cares.
Go away if you can't post something worth reading.

We don't need to "learn" anything from him..
and he needs to prove nothing.

Look at the signs? Yeah, Indeed..
I'm looking...

Bye now.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

"90 years old, leukemia, and given a few years to live?"

I don't think so Mr. Fraud.

Repent and get right with Jesus before it's too late.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You know from an entertainment point of view, this thread was brilliant. It gave a perfect preview of the behavior of a lot of ATS posters. He posted a topic that was neither here nor there, a fairly neutral post, that could be or likely would be, taken to all the extreme tangents. Inner forum bickering, questioning, proclaiming, anger, doubt, excitement, possibilities, and letdown and abandonment. Look at all your posts, some combative, others arguing with other forum members with condescension or a stance of superiority. Some even apparently oblivious to the possibilities of perhaps some unknown revelation tidbit if this OP is on the level.

You have all previewed your behaviors. or shown your a_ _, And where is our source? Probably regretting ever starting this thread. Or laughing at his handiwork.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
^and more fuel to the fire yawn
edit on 11-2-2012 by uktango because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
It is threads like this that keeps me from regularly posting and viewing ATS these days. It is true, I personally have one foot firmly planted in the "show me proof!" camp, however what benefit does the following type of post serve:

Youz is a fraud!
Second line.

Absolutely none. I just waded through 25 pages here, as I was interested in the OP's story (true or untrue), and a full one third of the posts are of a similar nature.

I have lived a wholly unremarkable life but if some dramatic event happened to me, and I had irrefutable evidence of something life-shattering and extraordinary, would I bring it to ATS? Five years ago that answer would have been a no-brainer. Today ... I highly doubt I would.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlonzoTyper

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by milkyway12

Sir , it is childish people like you that is making ATS such a pain.

While I can agree with your statement to a point,

I also have to add that people like Bernarn Schnitzel are the one's making this site a pain.............I look at it as extraordinary claims take extraordinary evidence.....The last time he was 80 what again...........

If this gentleman is really 90 then ATS needs to hire him for some publicity............

After my short run on ATS I can say that I have never seen a post like this stick around.......

I could be wrong and I hope I am, but seriously, troll threads all have the same ring......and BS(Bernard) has been known to stick around and chat for a while..............

It is the hoaxers that are ruining truly legit posts.

I have been trying to understaand why other members were so hesitant to just take what I said at face value, but after taking a look into this person you reference, I get an idea of why some of you are so hardened in your skeptic ways. I would be too had I experienced such nonsense as has very clearly occured in the past.

As I have maintained and will continue to do so, my time is limited, and I would truly love to actually have some sort of revelation or at the very least contribute to those who like myself, are intrigued by the unexplained

Alonzo--

The hardened skepticism develops from a few factors:
1. The government hasdenied UFOs for (at least) half a century despite millions of sightings and other data.
2. Science, created and fed for the most part by government follows that money.
3. Media, same situation to some extent, conforms to expected consensus reality of goverment and Science.
4. Some have had UFO/triangle experiences and absolutely know they exist, others can only want to believe. History Channel and other forms of media only provide a medium ofentertainment without substance.
5. Skeptics, on the other hand have their own agendas. Some may get a government check to express such views. After all, the government has had to work at this coverup for a good many decades. It takes planning.

Sir, to put it in the best language, your ability to fulfill your goal of sharing with us probably will be curtailed in some fashion with threats to your pension and/or about breaking national security. We wish you good luck..

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
is it just me , or does this 90 year old man "speak" like a 30 year old ? ans posting on the net ? really ?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
This gentleman does not write like a 90-year-old. You will note that he lacks both grammatical and orthographic skills that someone of that age would definitely possess. He lacks prose. He does not even write like an old-time engineer. He doesn't write like an old-time anything. On this alone, I would call this member a bogus character.

Look at the signs, people. Whatever you might want to learn from this person, the simple truth is staring right at you.

No one cares.
Go away if you can't post something worth reading.

We don't need to "learn" anything from him..
and he needs to prove nothing.

Look at the signs? Yeah, Indeed..
I'm looking...

Bye now.

I am with cosmicegg on this one.

I also checked on the few posts he has outside of this thread and there are a lot more details outside of the writing style even in this thread. I took the time before coming to this conclusion and decided to give him the benefit of the doubt when i first saw his thread.

it is someone who is familiar with ats and its members and its moderators !

If he wants to be believed by anyone less gullible then a lot in this here thread then now is the time to actually spill the beans on these classified projects he said he wants to talk about.
This is a simple psych trick that works very well thanks to peoples sense of guilt,hope and insecurity, This guy and most likely other people are laughing of their assess right now.
It is totally ridiculous and naive to fall for this one.

This one was quite amusing i admit.

I have been trying to understaand why other members were so hesitant to just take what I said at face value

A man that worked in the airforce for 50 years on classified projects and 90 years of life experience anonymously on the internet is baffled by this...

You are being ridiculed to no end.

edit on 11-2-2012 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Just checking in to see if Alonzo has returned....

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
175 flags and counting
now i have 175 reasons to stay away from this site
ty alonso

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Just checking in to see if Alonzo has returned....

lets see if he can stay away as well as titor....lol....

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Sir, to put it in the best language, your ability to fulfill your goal of sharing with us probably will be curtailed in some fashion with threats to your pension and/or about breaking national security. We wish you good luck..

His pension you say?

The guy just graduated in psychology thanks to this thread.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

Hey Al,

I've been here for years (in various incarnations) and never seen an introduction thread make the front page or get 100+ flags but I'm sure glad it did because it was a wake up call to read what you had written.

Particularly about your home life as a child and early working life. Its easy to become sceptical at inappropriate times on this website and beyond the point of practicality so I'm taking your writings at face value and thank you for posting as you have, you've inspired me to get off my ass and get a job
and to cheer up a little...

I wonder what a person with a career like you've had could learn about those projects you worked on if you ever got to chat with some aliens... some would suggest that in this day and age its as easy as visiting the right jungle tribe and drinking the right brew... curious... imagine the things you guys could talk about...

I think from the sound of things you've encountered an onslaught of douche-baggery in this thread and I just wanted to say that whether your post was fact or fiction doesn't matter to me because you are simply stating a bit about your life and reaching out to connect to people and so whats wrong with all these haters? what would be the harm in being duped by your particular story anyway? like I said I was moved & inspired, found myself caring about your wellbeing and stuff... sure people can mock me for me psychologically predictable response to what you've written, but we are human aren't we? and more then that we have souls, which means we haven't calcified out ability to 'feel' and 'connect' to the point where we are needlessly rude & skeptical of people.... so anyway, thanks...whether you're real or not...
and try not to take the doubting personally, the skepticism is produced by a catalyst of extra-ordinary claims made by annonymous people on a public platform specialzing in cospiratorial activites.... never used to be this bad though...

Peace,
-TF
edit on 11-2-2012 by ThoughtForms because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
OMG
Whether Alonzo is really 90 or not, some of you people are pathetic. Not all of you, just the rude idiots. Yes, I said it. This site has started to devolve my brain cells to the point that when I read parts of this thread, my head wants to EXPLODE!!!!

All of you who say a person of a certain age, has to speak or type in a certain way

Maybe he's legit, maybe he's not, but when ANYONE says that so and so isn't such an age because they're smarter than they should be, or they use the language of a 30 year old, you just piss off those of us that have reached a certain age, and are being told we should be half senile by now.

I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't come back.

I hope he is a faker, because if he is for real, he's been thoroughly insulted.
edit on 11-2-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Hi Snowspirit

Just want to explain something - in my opinion - that is doubtful...

You mention, which is a good point as it's one of the arguments of this intro thread:

All of you who say a person of a certain age, has to speak or type in a certain way

It made me click on something...

When liejunkie01 mentions Bernam Schnitzel (Bernard actually), here is Mr Typer's reply:

From this reply here

but after taking a look into this person you reference, I get an idea of why some of you are so hardened in your skeptic ways.

After taking a look into this person???????

I wonder how he got to use the search function so easily when half the membership is clueless when it comes to research...

He's quite familiar with ATS and how it works !!!

I had doubts. Now I'm 100% convinced that this OP is taking us for a ride.

edit on 11-2-2012 by SonoftheSun because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2012 by SonoftheSun because: added reply link

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apleness
I though I was the only one with the BS meter reaching the peak .It just doesn't add up, 90 year old with leucemia and still able to give such a coherent and big speech.

Excuse me, but in my church, there are quite a few 90+-year-olds that are sharp as a knife. There's a 91-year-old lady who is always swaying and dancing when we sing "Sing a joyful song and clap your hands"; compared to her, some middle-aged people look positively stiff and uptight. One 94-year-old guy there is a fan of electronic gadgets, always has the latest iPhone and Kindle and notebook and what-not; he also runs a committee and is very involved in church matters in general. I don't know how many 90-year-olds YOU know; maybe you should go and meet some.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

After taking a look into this person???????
I wonder how he got to use the search function so easily when half the membership is clueless when it comes to research...

You could be right, there are a few inconsistencies. I hope he's fake, from the reception he got.
I just hate it when "age" comes into it, like half of us have had our brains fall out, because we're over a certain age

And for people to say someone has to act, speak, or type in a certain fashion because of our age - wtf?

I've had people up in my face for not "growing up" or "acting my age", my gawd some people were born old, and others are too naive to the effects of growing older. I don't even look my age, why would I want to "act" how they think I should?
**I'm not "old" yet, just reached middle age, but as I get older, I hope to keep as young as possible, within reason.

I wonder how many years into the future this site will last, and will my type/speak actually change to older sounding

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I have skimmed this thread after reading the first couple pags entirely. Does he reveal anything? Ever?
Or is this another, Hey I know stuff....................................................................................................................
edit on 11-2-2012 by casenately because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Another of those threads where someone introduces himself claiming to be an ex-insider with privileged information :- wonder if this one will be the first to actually return here after his first thread ?
So the classified projects he worked on are now common knowledge ? Why not name them then if there's no harm in it now?
If security was so tight he didn't even know how many floors the building his office was in had, how come he got to see "otherwordly" craft if he wasn't even on the team?
Why is he struggling with leukaemia and failing sight to come on this forum and tell us ..... nothing? He has no more reason to be here than any of us and han't even nailed his colours to the mast as to whether he's a conspiracist or a sceptic.
Only time will tell I suppose but I'm not holding my breath.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I know the feeling...I'll be turning 50 in july... dunno if I should be
or

Yes, there are inconsistencies. I agree that some members have been rude beyond belief (RIP comes to mind). Questioning his age isn't bad though. For all we know he could be a banned member that has returned to have a little fun.

I find it awkward that someone would come to ATS to disclose secrets yet becomes extremely defensive when asked for more info...which - he doesn't supply. Sounds too familiar...

And he sure knows his ways around ATS. If this proves to be legit, I will deeply apologize. But I no longer believe he is who he says he is.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join