It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from a Dying Man

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I do not want to be a one liner but I SO agree! This is an introductory thread not an interrogation! If you are demanding he prove himself or show himself so why don't you do the same? We all have some funny and impressive avatars but it is not us! I can honestly say I picked one that looks very much like me but she does not look 40! So here I am! I am changing my avatar to me for a short while!

Hey this is crazy times and I admit I feel a little worried about expressing my self in my own country ...the old USA! What has become of us! This is not the America I grew up in. I am ashamed of my government but love my country. I truly believe this government is fearful of it's people is grasping at straws to keep us in the dark for as long as agonizingly possible. We have one foot deep into the hole people! But our country has endured before and we can again. At least I pray so every day!

I want to know what Typer has to say. If he is true he can pass knowledge and I dear say some hope.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlonzoTyper

I enlisted in the Navy when I was 16. In those days, you didnt have to jump though hoops. Especially with the situations going on at the time. I was on a ship, stationed in the Pacific throughout The War.

After returning to the states, I purchased my first automobile, a used Ford model T, paying fifty dollars.

you could buy a used model T in the mid 40's??? and for $50 what a bargain.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaching
reply to post by cuervo

Wow, poor you. Read the rest of my post though. They're barely old enough to speak but they're adept with electronics and asking him about the veracity of UFO claims? Uh huh.

You can have more than one grandkid. My father has grandkids in their 40s and grandkids that are newborns. You guys are on a site that discusses UFOs, secret societies, and a variety of other things that strokes the paranoia phallus yet you draw the line in the sand when a 90 year old guy can use a computer.

This thread has shocked me in so many ways.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Welcome Mr. Alonzo.

It's 1AM and I need to be up and moving in 4 hours and have only had the time to read the first 8 pages of your introduction and others responses. But I will say that my father is close to your age and also served. Similar to you, he was told to never reveal what he knew. Period. My father is still around, but alzheimers is taking it's toll on him. I do wish he would tell me some of his stories, but as time goes on, that is less and less likely.

Regardless, I am very interested in what you have to say and will be following your posts as much as I can. I personally don't post a lot myself, only when I am interested or knowledgeable in a particular subject. I look forward to your stories and insight.

Welcome and know that some of us will read what you write with great interest.

Take care,
MD

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
For EVERYONE (and also of course, the Intro OP):

Look everyone can look at every OTHER ATS member's info.....please just pay heed to this idea, OK??:

"ATS member AlonzoTyper's profile

Any ATS member in good standing can access the same information.

Please, let the person have a chance to post a thread.....smart thread authors type it all out on other word-processors, before copy/pasting to ATS....this [provides some SAVING ability aspects, too!!]

(Just Saying........)......

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by choos

I enlisted in the Navy when I was 16. In those days, you didnt have to jump though hoops. Especially with the situations going on at the time. I was on a ship, stationed in the Pacific throughout The War.

After returning to the states, I purchased my first automobile, a used Ford model T, paying fifty dollars.

you could buy a used model T in the mid 40's??? and for $50 what a bargain.

Why don't you ask the man where he bought it? Is it so hard to believe?How many cars from the 50's and 60's are still on the road today? My first car was a 1989 Ford Mustang..that I bought for $600 in 1994.I can't believe some of the people in this thread. ITS AN INTRO THREAD.Quit interrogating him.I won't be surprised if he doesn't come back.

ETA : I think a lot of people are coming into this thread after seeing all the flags and expecting some big revelation.The man only made a few claims in his op..he didn't say anything crazy throughout the thread.Get a #ing grip people.
edit on 11-2-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

Welcome to ATS. Your life has been long, and you have seen and experienced much. Your experience should serve younger Americans to understand and recognize what it means to have personal responsibility, and to succeed against all odds. Something that only happens in countries like the Republic of the United States.

I would like to thank you for your service, and for this opportunity to get to know what you have seen and experienced in your long life.

Is there anything in specific you would like to tell us?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

If he is who he says he is ( which so far i believe him to be telling the truth) then you sir are being childish and very rude and like someone else said that is not what this site likes to see out of its members, you have no reason to be like that towards someone you don't know an should at least get good proof (other then his introductory thread!) that he isn't who he says he is... but you cant so there's no reason to be rude and hurry him just for you. I mean put yourself in his shoes after so many people automatically doubting him, why would he even want to continue on this site and prove anything to anyone if he doesn't even feel welcome? All i'm saying is give the man a chance and some time to say/prove what he wants and don't tell him what to do.

Welcome AlonzoTyper! that was a very interesting introductory post and I can't wait to see what else you will be posting in the near future.
Have a good night and see you later !

edit on 11-2-2012 by Gawdlike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

To answer the lovely lady with green eyes, I was in WWII for much of my late teens and early twenties, and the first president I voted for was Dwight Eisenhower.

Much has changed, corruption has been allowed to enter the government, and imo this occurred starting in 1913 when progressive democrats under a progressive democrat President Woodrow Wilson signed into law the Federal Reserve Act, and the IRS as it exists today. These two things are the main reason why there is so much corruption, and why the very rich are in power of what was once the Great Republic of these United States.

But anyway, that's for another discussion. I am very interested to hear what secrets you would like to share with us.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I suggest the Mods close this thread. The person has introduced himself in the way they feel comfortable with. With 23 pages and no real information since the first post, this thread has run its course. The OP has mentioned his son, a lawyer, has suggested he reveal nothing, and coupled with the vagueness of his replies leaves the thread at an end. The introduction has been done. This thread is getting upranked on the front page with no new information. We will have to wait for this person to post a topical thread to reveal his experiences. If their 90+ years is accurate, I'd suggest creating a new thread with what they know, as time is of the essence at such a late age.
edit on 11-2-2012 by thepixelpusher because: grammar

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I would like to comment on other topics, and eventually write my own topics to post for discussion. I didnt plan on spending so much time giving an introduction. Please forgive me.

There is no need to apologize, you haven't done anything. You will find quite a few people in this website who are not only skeptics but downright close minded on many topics, while others are willing to at least give you the benefit of the doubt and to let you tell us that which you came to share.

I am more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, so far i believe everything you have said. I have also seen some things which I am certain are otherworldly while I was in the military, and as a civilian. Like you I haven't seen any aliens, but I know some of those things I have seen flying were not ours and no human would have survived the speeds I have seen some of these things flying at.

Anyway, at least some of us are all ears, or all eyes to what you want to tell us.
edit on 11-2-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I've shaken hands with two American Presidents, four Australian Prime Ministers and all sorts of military from many nations.

You live a long time and are an active and interesting person and stuff just happens to you.

Can I somewhere give you a flag and star..? Some people are really shallow and easily impressed.

sec.line

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Vaugue revelations to be made....check
Will tell you all when I can be bothered....check
Cant upload or do anything on a pc,will have to ask someone....check

So there we have it every cliche in the book

I will once again state that I have nothing to prove to you, and in all honesty this getting old (pun intended)

I plan to provide actual topics of discussion, much more than what I "vaguely" represented in my posts.

You shouln't let the doubters get to you...It can cause unnecessary stress. Your OP (original post) was just an introduction.

My advice is to welcome the people who welcome you and surprise the rest with your future threads or post.

edit on 11/2/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by restlessinMT

restlessinMT 40 or not yo still hot !!

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Oh my goodness! I am so ashamed at ATS for some of these rude responses! In an Introduction forum, of all places. Please, let the man talk. I'm sure he has a lot to teach as well as learn.

And to the OP - you got a lot of flags out of this intro, so that means that most people genuinely liked your post. They are there as a support for you.

Peace

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Folks, I think the dying man has died.

Had he gotten a good reception, he might have lived.

Now he's going to have to think up a new tactic to get your attention.

He will now re-reinvent himself under another moniker...yet again.

Yes, he's been here before.

This was just an experiment.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Starling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by milkyway12

Sir , it is childish people like you that is making ATS such a pain.

While I can agree with your statement to a point,

I also have to add that people like Bernarn Schnitzel are the one's making this site a pain.............I look at it as extraordinary claims take extraordinary evidence.....The last time he was 80 what again...........

If this gentleman is really 90 then ATS needs to hire him for some publicity............

After my short run on ATS I can say that I have never seen a post like this stick around.......

I could be wrong and I hope I am, but seriously, troll threads all have the same ring......and BS(Bernard) has been known to stick around and chat for a while..............

It is the hoaxers that are ruining truly legit posts.

I have been trying to understaand why other members were so hesitant to just take what I said at face value, but after taking a look into this person you reference, I get an idea of why some of you are so hardened in your skeptic ways. I would be too had I experienced such nonsense as has very clearly occured in the past.

As I have maintained and will continue to do so, my time is limited, and I would truly love to actually have some sort of revelation or at the very least contribute to those who like myself, are intrigued by the unexplained

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starling
Folks, I think the dying man has died.

Had he gotten a good reception, he might have lived.

Now he's going to have to think up a new tactic to get your attention.

He will now re-reinvent himself under another moniker...yet again.

Yes, he's been here before.

This was just an experiment.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Starling because: (no reason given)

Wow, I'm not exactly a staunch believer in Buddhism, but I do believe what goes around, comes around.

I'm sorry your life has made you so untrusting and doubtful. Even to the extent that it forces you to expell these beliefs unto others on a website.

It must be very entertaining to type such things, from the comfort and safety of your home.

I may be old, but that does not give you nor any other jerk the right to say such things towards me.

What is wrong with you?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

Rest assured , Benard has never been so eloquent or good with words . You write very well. Have you considered trying to write a autobiography ?

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I may be old, but that does not give you nor any other jerk the right to say such things towards me.

What is wrong with you?

I'm just about half your age and read your post with the intent to gladly welcome you to the site.

Instead I'm sadly informing you that you're still living and therefore still learning more about the world as it evolves. You have it right..
people hide behind their computers now.

Words have lost their luster..
instead the bravado unable to manifest in real life has cultured aggressive ignorance into "alter egos".. of course that's not always the case but I'm sure you get my drift.

-----------
OTHERWISE
Welcome to the site! and I can't wait to finish reading what you've written and am even more excited by the stories you have to share.

b

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join