It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from a Dying Man

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by defuntion
No offense meant at all by this, but I do not believe you are 90 therefore I am skeptical of your entire intro post. You are forming your thoughts far too well to be near a century. I know this sounds politically incorrect, but at that age, a certain amount of senility would be present. especially if you are as ill as you say. I am calling bunk on this and you.
If you are who, what and when you say, then I'll be proven wrong eventually.

Not likely though.

Seems you are out to troll ATS.

Either way I wish you the best and will most likely follow your yarn for a bit.

edit on 10-2-2012 by defuntion because: you are instead or your.... duh

Please ignore this nonsense. My ex wife's grandmother is in her mid 90s and is as articulate and coherent minded as any educated 30 or 40 years old!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
I haven't read the whole thread so if this has been mentioned can someone point it out.

Just wondering, having lived through WWII, how do you feel about world stability today? Do you see any current events similar to events leading up to and including WWII? For example, the global financial crisis, the Arab uprisings, the Syrian crisis, threat of war with Iran, general instability and social unrest around the world?

I would be very interested if you have any strong views on this.

Thanks in advance.

To tell you the truth, I was so young and naive at the time when I entered the service, I had no idea of foreign affairs, and only knew what I was told.

Nowadays, you receive news instantly, and know what is going on in every corner of the world.

To answer your question, I cannot compare one time to another because my perspective has changed more than I can explain in words.

I would say what is going on today is disconcerting indeed. Yet, I believe the leaders of all nations currently labeled super powers are more friendly than they would let on.

Part of my job was to travel to foreign countries, meet with foreign dignitaries and show them our so called "ground breaking technology" which was in all honesty probably already a decade old. We would sell this to other nations, even those who we deem "sketchy" and they would let us use their airspace thinking they got the better end of the deal.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperface
Vaugue revelations to be made....check
Will tell you all when I can be bothered....check
Cant upload or do anything on a pc,will have to ask someone....check

So there we have it every cliche in the book

As the "good", "caring", and "loving" people will flame you for being rude and evil...I can only say this reply is not evil rather it's logical and real. If this post was made by a "50 year old" who wasn't dying would it have yielded the response it did? The indications of a hoax you list are quite common and they are prevalent in this thread.

On the other hand(not related to your reply but others), I denounce the posts that claim a 90 year old is incapable of producing these posts. Have you ever heard of Mickey Rooney? He's still quite clear...while a good percentage go into the fog, there are plenty of examples that show great clarity.

A lot of the things he says do seem quite genuine and he doesn't seems to get horribly defensive. I'm open to whatever the case may be. In the end it's an intro and we'll see where it goes.
edit on 10-2-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

Thanks for your reply. Cheers.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

You are correct Sir. I can be standing outside and hear an aircraft flying over and tell you what type of aircraft it is and even the type of engine it it. I loved my job as a crew-chief, but I got out because I was tired of being deployed away from my family. At the end of the day, I did not want to leave my kids back in the states for "society" to raise them. They deserve better than that from me.

I do love my country and I wish things weren't moving in the direction that they are. However, we clearly see the maneuvering that is going on in the world and it is not by chance when we have our next war. It is all planned; which I am sure you know all to well. Anyway, I look forward to talking with you as well!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Please now stop worrying whether I have died, whether I have deceived you, or whether or not I will respond to your statements which are clearly intended to hurt my feelings. There are so many more important things going on, especially now. I honestly hope you dont have to find out your time is running out to finally focus on what is a worthy cause.

You hit the nail on the head my friend! So true. You are an old soul and my respects to you! You have true grit! You have a star from me no matter the ATS rules! I love this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NoSoup4U

Same reason I left to Soup.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I will once again state that I have nothing to prove to you, and in all honesty this getting old (pun intended)

I plan to provide actual topics of discussion, much more than what I "vaguely" represented in my post.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

THEN DO IT.....and quit haggling with the little people.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Always remember that what seems like the end of the road, may only be a pit stop. Not that you wouldn't already know this. Welcome to ATS my friend. To share knowledge is a wonderful thing, and I look forward to what you can tell us about.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

And to repeat, we ( I think I speak for many here) anticipate this:

I plan to provide actual topics of discussion, much more than what I "vaguely" represented in my post.

Please accept the offerings of those on ATS who have welcomed you, and take the other replies in stride.....

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

Sir , it is childish people like you that is making ATS such a pain. Learn to be patient. Last thing we need you doing is not providing any content to the thread and blabbing on about nothing. If you are going to make non related statements and disrespectful statements then perhaps you shouldnt be on ATS. We have enough of your type running around , we don't need more people posting content related to your post , specifically this one i am replying to.

If he isn't matching your time line .. you know what you do? Forget about it. Some of us may not want to hear your disrespect.

Please note , this is an INTRODUCTORY thread of why he is here and perhaps a bit of "who" he is. Not a thread of "The things i know ". He mentioned he would make a thread related to the topic of things he knows. This is not it.
edit on 10-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Sir , it is childish people like you that is making ATS such a pain.

While I can agree with your statement to a point,

I also have to add that people like Bernarn Schnitzel are the one's making this site a pain.............I look at it as extraordinary claims take extraordinary evidence.....The last time he was 80 what again...........

If this gentleman is really 90 then ATS needs to hire him for some publicity............

After my short run on ATS I can say that I have never seen a post like this stick around.......

I could be wrong and I hope I am, but seriously, troll threads all have the same ring......and BS(Bernard) has been known to stick around and chat for a while..............

It is the hoaxers that are ruining truly legit posts.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
So ATS'ers, we are up to 22 pages of banter at this dude. He has replied 27 times so far, with only 5 posts in other threads. You guys keep bogging him down with replies and wasting his limited time on here. Give him a break already. I said that on page one of this intro. Let him speak to his experiences instead of trying to answer every damn response of ours that says, "Tell us more", or "Your fake", etc. Jeez...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
So ATS'ers, we are up to 22 pages of banter at this dude. He has replied 27 times so far, with only 5 posts in other threads. You guys keep bogging him down with replies and wasting his limited time on here. Give him a break already. I said that on page one of this intro. Let him speak to his experiences instead of trying to answer every damn response of ours that says, "Tell us more", or "Your fake", etc. Jeez...

Agreed, like a good neighbor a forum mod is there.

With a temp lock please?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Until he post something that can logically make me doubt him (or someone discredit him), then he is 90 years old. The content he post in the future will be the judge of just who he might be or not be. Me believing this man is 90 years old is not having an effect on my world perception around me nor is me wanting to know what he has to say.

I have a grandfather who tells me stories all the time. Well he use to before his stroke. He has some outlandish tales , but this is my grandfather remembering good old times and just wanting to keep me interested.

Let him post what he wants , if it doesn't add up in some form of logical perception or agreement then i will say something in a reactive manner. I could care less if you are lying. If people are lying , i am able to research topics in different ways and i come upon new information whether it refutes the poster or not which is still good to have for my personal reference.

Let him post something false , ill call him on it with as much of a source as possible.

Lie all you want too - just lets us research and learn more or to relay what we have learned from past discussions.
edit on 11-2-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Really? Seriously people? A 90-year-old'd grandchildren would easily be in their 20s.

He describes them as being barely old enough to speak, then notes that they're adept with electronic devices, then indicates that they enjoy watching TV programs about UFOs and ask him about such subjects.

Come on. Deny Ignorance.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaching

I am 30 and I have a 60 year old brother. My father was 60 when he had me. He is this age and my daughter is three. Not every dynasty has to conform to your expectations of generational gaps.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlonzoTyper

I will once again state that I have nothing to prove to you, and in all honesty this getting old (pun intended)

You're posting on a site that has had it's fair share of liars, swindlers and trolls so in the very sense of the word, yes you do have to PROVE it to them. If you didn't want to prove anything then you shouldn't have posted on a site where people tend to question claims without facts. It's not like anyone is attacking you or anything but as the quote is older than you say you are you should know it...amazing claims require amazing evidence. Do you not think I could have come onto a conspiracy/alt news & ideas forum and posted a claim that I was 90 and worked with many different aeronautics companies on contracts for the black budget? Anyone can write that and regardless of if it's true or not you should accept the fact that everyone here knows they could write the same thing but that doesn't make it true...which is why they request evidence. Most hoaxers and trolls delay evidence which is why flags are raised by the members. They aren't being rude or wrong they are being real and observant. The fact that you grow tired of the requests puzzles me as you could end them with some shred of knowledge yet you fail to provide it and delay it with promise of future delivery. You are intelligent but you still appear to be a troll, I hope you find the attention you seek someday.
edit on 11-2-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cuervo

Wow, poor you. Read the rest of my post though. They're barely old enough to speak but they're adept with electronics and asking him about the veracity of UFO claims? Uh huh.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join