It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from a Dying Man

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsPeculiar

reply to post by MidnightTide

Well, haven't read all 19 pages - did he release any information?
He said he would respond to questions. It became a "pile on" with almost no questions. This is one of the rudest sites on the planet.

There are 3 times as many positive, supportive and welcoming posts than negative accusatory posts in this thread. You choose to be affected and focus on the negative ones which is why you are upset. In reality there will always be negativity on the internet..ON ANY SITE. You could tell a story of a dog saving a baby in the street and someone would have something negative to say on the internet. Your focus on the minority negative comments rather than the majority positive comments shows why your perception is not based on reality and you prefer drama. Be happy and notice the positive things...especially if they hold the majority of the viewpoint.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I red the whole thread and I am speechless how rude some of you are.

He said he just wants this thread to be what it should be in this category: an introduction.

I know and I respect your doubts, but there is no need to be rude.
Nobody has to post a picture, why should he?
Here are many other who make claims and never proof them, I bet some of them even want him to proof everything.
If you don't believe him, go away and come back later or to another thread.

I am skeptical too, but I will not judge him. Maybe he is not 90, maybe his claims are false... but until he opens another thread, let this just be an introduction.

If he is 90 and his claims are true, I hope everybody will show respect and give him an excuse.
There are two things in this world which really p*ss me off in our society:
1. disrespect for elder people
2. making fun of disabled people

And Mr. Typer I hope you will share your stories and experiences with us.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The OP said that someone told him this was a rather intellectual and professional site, and that is partly what led him to post here. The thing I find hardest to believe about his introduction is that somebody would actually make that statement. ATS is anything but intellectual and professional, as evidenced by this thread. These forums become more of a joke with each passing hour. Well done, people.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Nice intro Alonzo, hope defending it has not deterred you from enlightening us on your life experiences, we all have a story and sometimes we are blinded by our own ego's to how important it is too others, you made reference to John Lear I have attended some of his lectures and i found them very interesting, I have to admire him for speaking out on very esetoric subjects which possibly put his life in danger,now I am not far behind you in years and appreciate that you have come forward even in ill health to enlighten us on a plethera of very juicy subjects, your health is very serious and now would possibly be a Great time to share with a group of very switched on people who would love to hear pieces of some of the puzzles that have eluded us, after what is the worst thing that could happen to you?and if you do have information to share I can not think of a better platform than ATS to share it, hope in all sincerity that you are feeling well.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Be happy and notice the positive things...especially if they hold the majority of the viewpoint.

Uh huh. Have you noticed that the OP hasn't been here in quite some time? I am operating under the assumption that the negative posts are causing great harm to the spirit of this thread. His absense would bear that out.

Young ones just don't know how to converse these days.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hello Mr. Alonzo it is very nice to meet you i hope to here some info you have to share here at ATS you seem like a very interesting person cant wait to see what you are going to talk about.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

ATS is anything but intellectual and professional, as evidenced by this thread.

Well said. Our Nation is cut to shreds because nobody seems to be able to discuss matters in a gentlemanly fashion any longer. Paranoia and skepticism rule everything these days. I am really ashamed of the "pile on" that fellow has endured.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsPeculiar

Well, it doesn't have to be that bad. He could be watching TV, sleeping because it is getting late and some people go sleep early, he may have company, or he could just have a wife complaining that he's spending too much time on the computer. Wives complain no matter how old you are....Or it could be just what you said.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Epirus

Be happy and notice the positive things...especially if they hold the majority of the viewpoint.

Uh huh. Have you noticed that the OP hasn't been here in quite some time? I am operating under the assumption that the negative posts are causing great harm to the spirit of this thread. His absense would bear that out.

Young ones just don't know how to converse these days.

It's not the youth...it's the anonymity they get to hide behind the internet. They are young and have a lot to learn like human youth have always been but now you throw in a permanent Halloween mask and they can abuse their ignorance and need to "play/prank/mess" around even more so. The behavior has always existed, it's just easier to do and reaches more places thanks to the distances and veil of the internet.

The OP wouldn't ever be able to provide proof as there is no way he would be allowed to have documents or any other hard evidence once his black ops contracts were done. His friend may have been killed for even mentioning the projects, you think he could smuggle evidence away from any of the contracts without be noticed? No...so basically without evidence you'll just have to take his word for it...kinda like dark knight. I'm not arguing either way on truth as I think it was a nice intro and there is no need to accuse him of anything when he didn't try to promote his ego at any point.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
90 NO sir that is a good innings.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

This sounds really bad, but I was thinking what if he passed. I mean really. What if he came here just to have some sort of intelligent discussion, everyone called him a liar, and he died. Wouldn't that be horrible!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Well said.

I stand by the "ATS Community" standard that is well espoused by those who understand it.

This "Intro" was a great one......patience remains a virtue in determining the ultimate outcome.....

"Fool me once".....(etc) is too well known, so caution is warranted.

However......as a "community", there is a lot to be said for the "benefit of the doubt".....and for patience.

edit on Fri 10 February 2012 by ProudBird because: Spell

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Orkojoker

ATS is anything but intellectual and professional, as evidenced by this thread.

Well said. Our Nation is cut to shreds because nobody seems to be able to discuss matters in a gentlemanly fashion any longer. Paranoia and skepticism rule everything these days. I am really ashamed of the "pile on" that fellow has endured.

It's human nature, it's not just any one nation or modern times. We have been acting in the same ignorant stubborn manner since the start. If you would have said the earth wasn't the center of the solar system a while back you would have received a very horrible reaction, likewise with many other topics that were later proven to be true. Human nature has some very vile components to it but we like to dismiss and narrow them to a generation, group or culture even though the same behaviors continue to occur.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
you people just needed to have the grace as Green Eyes had from the beginning....Me, I read the intro and one page and have been around long enough to know if something is worth investing my time on...I know if I were 90, I would say..."listen here you punks, this is what is......" and blow your minds. I don't believe the OP, not for a second. Doesn't mean I am being rude....but I am posting to point out that Greeneyes is a great example of how to be graceful. If you read her first few posts.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Beautiful elucidated......even if my initial impressions (guarded as they may be) aren't as substantial as yours.

Doubt. .......and.....what is it?? Oh, yes...."Trust But Verify"

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Human nature has some very vile components to it but we like to dismiss and narrow them to a generation, group or culture even though the same behaviors continue to occur.

You are completely correct, of course. As we get older we like to scold the young ones in hopes that they will mend their ways and behave better than we did. The troubles of this world would stand a better chance of resolution if civilization were not such a thin venier on savagery.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You people get worked up over such trivial garbage. So much energy is wasted on arguing pointless issues. Let the mods handle the decorum on here and focus on the issues.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I truly appreciate your attention and concerns. I actually feel quite guilty. I had no intention of garnering so much controversy, and I hope it has not tainted my appearance completely.

As I said originally, I am suffering from various health problems. I have been away from a computer all day because I had to go to the hospital to receive fresh blood. Unfortunately, having bags of blood pumped into your body is not the most pleasurable experience, and the trauma from it leaves me exhausted.

Once again, please understand I am able to spend some time on here every day, however after receiving blood I can barely stay awake.

I'm sure most of you will be horrified to learn that I do still drive myself, and despite the DMV and their attempt to suspend my license, I recently passed my driving test once again, and am able to lawfully drive myself. My wife drives me home.

I feel honored by the reception I have received so far. Good or bad, I have been through much worse than some anonymous person insulting me from the comfort of their computer chair.

As promised I planned to spend my weekend preparing a non-introductory thread detailing some experiences I hope will contribute to this site. I have already stated I am also going blind and cannot physically stand to stare at a computer screen for too long.

I discussed this introduction with my son, and although was very supportive of me being socially active, as a lawyer he advised me to not give any details of myself. Clearly, I do not plan to take his counsel. He said he would bring me a program he has that allows one to speak into a microphone and have it dictated onto the screen. If this works as advertised, I hope to be much more of a contributor.

Once again, thank you who have been kind, and those of you who choose to play the antagonist, I hope to one day be your friend as well.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
you people just needed to have the grace as Green Eyes had from the beginning....Me, I read the intro and one page and have been around long enough to know if something is worth investing my time on...I know if I were 90, I would say..."listen here you punks, this is what is......" and blow your minds. I don't believe the OP, not for a second. Doesn't mean I am being rude....but I am posting to point out that Greeneyes is a great example of how to be graceful. If you read her first few posts.

Yes, I agree. My first impulse was to pull a dirty harry attitude and call you all out for what you are, or appear to be.

But to what end? As I have stated, my time is limited. I have spent so many years of my life arguing, debating, and throwing weight around in an attempt to set a respectful precedent, but I have no energy or desire for that now.

Blame my lack of testosterone.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

Please stay well, as best you can.

As promised I planned to spend my weekend preparing a non-introductory thread detailing some experiences I hope will contribute to this site. I have already stated I am also going blind and cannot physically stand to stare at a computer screen for too long.

Many will anticipate this.....please do not feel overly pressured to hasten what you write.

I discussed this introduction with my son, and although was very supportive of me being socially active, as a lawyer he advised me to not give any details of myself.

Your son provided good advice, it seems.

Keep on, sir.

edit on Fri 10 February 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join