It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from a Dying Man

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AlonzoTyper

One thing that i find interesting, is that you were/are a shriner. You said that you have friends that were Masons. That staement implies that you are not a Mason yourself. However, sir, you cannot be a shriner without being a Mason. You sir are a Fraud!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jiggyfly

Well put, now I don't have to say it but I will anyway............rudeness is disrespectful and uncalled for. He just came on to introduce himself, this isn't even an actual thread yet. And it is shameful when even the mods are just mean spirited. can't we give the man a chance? If you think he's a fake then don't even read the thread. I look forward to hearing some more.

My grandfather would have been 90 this year, he was a signalman on an aircraft carrier in ww2 but we lost him 18years ago....now that I am old enough to appreciate his life, it's too late. I only have a few stories to remember him by.

On another note, my 85 year old aunt (just because someone's older doesn't mean they aren't a part of the modern world) would make some of you blush the way she talks and she knows everything going on the world right down to fashion....so don't judge someone by their age.

anyway.....welcome sir and thank you for your service to our country.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Wow, somehow I didn't read the rules or something and never posted a intro. Hope that doesn't get me kicked off. But if I did and had to go through this inquisition I'm not sure I would have stayed. I came to this site in search of info, after going through troll hell on fb. I was concerned with flooding and nuke plants in danger. I can say without a doubt there are paid trolls or disinfo people working on fb. try posting any thing questioning nuke safety.

A Typer, welcome to ATS and sorry I think manners or politeness ended with the internet, people have to go through a lot to physically correct a ill mannered person here, not like punching someone in the jaw that has offended you.
I for one hope you bring some unknown truth here. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!!!!

I apologize for all the disrespectful and selfish people here on ATS. They are young I assume or someone didn't teach them manners is all I can say. I do apologize for them sir. It is an honor to have you here and we cannot wait to hear of your experiences.

With your time so far it would have been nice to engage in conversation but as I can clearly see you have spent this time defending yourself.

Feel free to message me as I do not want to ridicule or be child like....only want to learn so please do not be discouraged. There are a lot of nice people on this forum....I promise!!!

edit on 10-2-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by staticfl

This is the introduction forum isnt it ? How much do you expect in an intro ? Why not wait for a more substantive thread from this guy in the future ?

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by staticfl

This is the introduction forum isnt it ? How much do you expect in an intro ? Why not wait for a more substantive thread from this guy in the future ?

B/c people have grown accustomed to getting things quickly, almost instantaneously. And that is just not reality.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlonzoTyper

Originally posted by WeRpeons

Welcome to ATS! Your thread reads like you're a very intelligent individual, and I wouldn't second guess everything you're saying is true. I think all of us here are ready to hear more about your experiences and the technology that you've observed or have been apart of.

I'm sorry to hear that your health is on a decline and wish you the best and a peaceful transition.

I have always thought what I would do if I was in a position of holding secrets to the many black op projects our government is hiding. I always felt I would spill the beans to help enlighten mankind before my passing. It really is a brave thing for someone with your experience and background who is willing to talk about these things. Are you not concerned about our government finding out your identity or the secret information you want to share with us?

I hope you can shed light on a lot of questions we all have. I'll be looking for your threads with anticipated interest. Take care.

I do plan to elaborate on the various things I know some here would find interesting. But, as I've said being old isnt easy, and aside from Leukemia, my vision is spotty at best. I cant stand to look at a computer screen for too long without losing all focus and developing a headache.

I will tell you, for most of my life I was a stauch supporter of the US government and our world leaders. I felt as if I was a part of something noble, and was willing to overlook many distinct features about our government that were worrisome to say the least.

I now am disgusted by these people who are leading our nation, and I have no confidence in politics. I dont believe in voting for the lesser of two evils. How did we get to the point where its not even shocking to have to choose evil?

To answer the lovely lady with green eyes, I was in WWII for much of my late teens and early twenties, and the first president I voted for was Dwight Eisenhower.

Glad to have you on this forum!
You mentioned about issues with looking at your computer screen for long periods of time and I can offer a bit of advice since I have the same issue with most types of monitors except for SONY made tubes since they operate on a different frequency and are still amount the best in TV's and computer monitors. Dell uses some Sony tubes in the older CRT's and as far as LCD's I'm not sure but they ALL bother my eyes because I can see the "Flicker" around the edges. One good trick to check for a CRT you can stand is too view them from the corner of your eye and the one with the least amount of flicker (or none) is the one to get. You may be able to find a good used one for less than $50 at any used or new computer store that deals in repairs.
My dad used to work for NSA back in the 1960's and after 30+ years he still referred to Vietnam as "Southeast Asia" as to where they had him posted for about a year, so I understand about keeping quiet about certain things you have done. He eluded to some things, like them having a whole underground floor about the size of 3 football fields FILLED with water-cooled computers and that even back then the NSA was tapping various phones owned by the public and had their "super computer" listening for key words to flag taping of conversations, so when people we in uproar about G.W.'s announcement about phone tapping for terrorist activity, I just laughed since it was old news lol.
As far as voting for lesser of 2 evils, my father had been saying that since the early 1970's and I tend to agree since the election system is so biased along with the media.
My father died years ago under seemingly strange circumstances while in the hospital and I often wondered if
he was "terminated" for possibly getting ready to tell me things he knew about while in the NSA even though he never expressed any intentions to me about doing so.
Anyway, it's good to see you still learning and offering knowledge to those of us who are seeking it as well!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614
The only thing I see to be skeptical about is the time in which he posted. It shows on my screen he initially created this thread at 12:57am, I'm not sure how this works but whenever I post here on ATS it gives me the proper time. Some of his responses go on well into 2am. That is mighty late for a 90 year old to be chatting on the computer.

I live on the west coast of the United States, so for me it was not as late as your time showed. i'm not exactly sure what the cause of that may be.

Other members have been fact checking me, down to spelling mistakes (yes, McDonnell Douglas, not McDonald) and calling me a 'disinfo" person, or basically an outright fraud.

Please believe me when I say by starting this introduction my intentions were to learn how to navigate this website, and also give some details about myself. I didnt mean to give any impression that I joined this site to offer proof of anything. I have lived a great deal of time, and have many experiences I was hoping to discuss with this online community. I dont have "proof" of anything that would automatically make you believe every word I said. Do all introductions receive such harsh treatment?

My goal is to share some of the things I know, which may not even be interesting to some of you. I make no promises of giving proof of aliens or anything similar. My understanding was the purpose of the introduction was simply to introduce yourself. Had I known I was going to be cross examined like a witness to a murder case, I would not have joined this site.

I'm sorry to those who believe I am just making up fairy tales. I cannot offer you anything except the promise that I will do my best to share what I know, as I hope to also learn new things as well.

Welcome to the forums AT.

Khar

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
By now, Typer, you have seen what we all have to offer you. Idiocy, intelligence, and something that falls in the cracks between.

Nevertheless, we continue to look forward to your secrets.

Whatever happens on these forums, don't be put off. There is always someone willing to listen.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I dont leave the house without full makeup either. I dont want to scare my neighbors. LOL.

Its so silly really. Like now, I am almost 55 and some people think that I should cut my hair short and dress a certain way because of my age. But I am an old hippy. I dont want to turn in my jeans for a baggy black dress. I want to wear my hair long and straight just like I always have. I do not feel old and I do not look old. ( most people are shocked when I tell them my age, I am a hot old gal.LOL and dont my hubby love that ! )

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by knowitall14

Originally posted by knowitall14

One thing that i find interesting, is that you were/are a shriner. You said that you have friends that were Masons. That staement implies that you are not a Mason yourself. However, sir, you cannot be a shriner without being a Mason. You sir are a Fraud!

Why don't you learn to read threads properly before acting like a pratt. (I've highlighted the appropriate section)

Yes, this is true. And please let me clarify, I was never a freemason, although I had many close friends and colleagues who were. This is also true of the Shriners. I was neither officially, but I did have involvement with them by association. I would attend and help organize fund raising events, and we raised money for children's hospitals and gifts around the holidays.

What I meant was that I was talked into participating in some of their activities, which seemed like worthy causes.

I dont own a Shriners cap, or a masonic apron if thats what you're implying.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

I've been here for years and have not introduced myself yet. I'm shy. LOL

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Old man, I have a gift for you. Put on your headphones and watch this:

www.youtube.com...

It only covers a year.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Welcome Alonzotyper,

Your post seems honest and sincere. I am looking forward to some enlightening discussion.
Sorry for your illness, however in my book you have pretty much won the life game, considering all the things that can creep up on us much earlier in life. Keep that great attitude!

If you are in the sunset of your life, then I am in the late afternoon. I was in the service from 69-77, was (and still at it) a system engineer most of my life and getting ready to retire. Lots of great stories, some I can't tell yet, and some better left forgotten. So I guess I have introduced myself briefly as well, and hope to be chatting with you soon.

Thanks for joining!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Patients seems a lost art. Gimmie, gimmie, its mine seems more the norm these days. Glad I got here early when they still taught manners and things that made a person pleasant to be around.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
welcome!
you have pretty "hip" language using "blow your mind" for a 90+ year old.
welcome anyways!
-b

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
By now, Typer, you have seen what we all have to offer you. Idiocy, intelligence, and something that falls in the cracks between.

Nevertheless, we continue to look forward to your secrets.

Whatever happens on these forums, don't be put off. There is always someone willing to listen.

Thank you Starchild,

I have been saying the same thing throughout the entire thread.

Wait and see what threads he starts. I, for one, will be watching as I supported him at least giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Give him some time and then we can establish his MO.

Right now, judging by his posts on other threads, he seems as he just wanted to join ATS and become one of us.
Learn, contribute and enjoy the entertainment of the local whackos!

I must admit this is one of the most posted intro threads I have seen in the the last 2 years. (I may be wrong though)

73's,
Tom

We shall see!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm sorry but you come with this talk that you are dying and have seen things but yet you don't say anything so this is pretty useless post.

I call it a fake.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by andersensrm

Patients seems a lost art. Gimmie, gimmie, its mine seems more the norm these days. Glad I got here early when they still taught manners and things that made a person pleasant to be around.

Yea, now it seems all relationships are based off the internet, with fb and all, everybody I look at now looks like a walking zombie. I think we have lost manners, because nobody is ever held accountable for their actions anymore, you can get away with pretty much anything and only the few and rare will call you on it. The same with driving. Why be nice when nobody cares? Or when nobody can do anything about it? Basically it comes down to ethics and morals, the things you do when nobody is watching, or when nobody has control of you is who you really are.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowitall14

That's rather superficial, knowitall. You think that one little tidbit is enough to convict someone? He's already explained that he worked WITH the shriners, but was not a shriner himself. It can't be that difficult to fathom.

So what do we have here? Taking it at face value now, we have an old guy who can write circles around most of us in terms of his erudition and writing capability who has rather lengthily introduced himself as a new member. He hasn't started any threads yet. Indeed, he cannot until his post level goes up a bit. He has not yet said anything substantive, I agree. He didn't expect to need to at this stage.

But already the jackals are at the gate. What do we have, 16 pages or so already? I wouldn't be surprised if we've driven him off. he doesn't have to be here, and unlike some of us, ATS is not really a part of his life.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join