It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Says US Attack Would Be ‘Akin To Suicide’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by theubermensch
America has failed. We all hate you. Even your allies.

Every Empire falls at some point.

America will be remembered as one of the shortest Empires in history.

Cool.

Hey....

Would you mind turning off the lights before you implode from all that hate and bitterness or before we crumble? Whichever comes first....

thanks

edit on 10-2-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I dont doubt that.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by targeting
What? Iran's defense budget is $9,174,000,000. Ours is $692,000,000,000. We have nuclear weapons. They don't. I don't think that th U.S. should go to war with Iran, but saying that attacking Iran "would be akin to suicide" is just ridiculous.

Do you really think it will be one on one?

Plus America couldnt beat Vietnam or Korea.

Those Viet Kongs werent scared of your military budget.
edit on 10-2-2012 by theubermensch because: (no reason given)

It's called politics. Can't win a war you're not allowed to win. On the other hand I bet the Japanese are pretty scared of our military budget. Same with the Germans. Twice. If we were really just allowed to unleash on some country without any restrictions or regard for innocent casualties (much like the way the rest of the world likes to fight us) we could demolish any country of your choosing without even a boot on the ground.

Bottom line is anyone who fights us in a conventional war is gonna lose. Look what happened in the Gulf. Million man army lost in a couple days. What a joke.

What's more, if nobody was scared of our military budget, then how come nobody wants to fight us fair? Always with the running and hiding in caves, or hiding in a building while a convoy goes by to blow up and IED.

I'd say they're pretty scared if you ask me.

Read Lone Survivor once and tell me we couldn't be doing a much better job in ANY war nowadays without the rules of engagement, or at least the bending of said rules.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Military might isn't all it's cracked up to be, Take Vietnam and Afghanistan. You had to pull out of Vietnam and Afghanistan has been goin on for over 10 years with a political solution being required rather than a military victory.

Iran will be a tough nut to crack anyway you look at it. A foreign attack will unite the people like never before and they will fight to the death.

So maybe the ones cheerleading for war should think about that before they start advocating fighting to last drop of someone elses blood.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
I think the U.S. military is much more powerful than people realize. Think of the lack of soldiers and so forth and everything that makes our military look week but, all of that man power has to be compensated for some how. And it is done with technology. The U.S. has the most technologically advanced military on the face of the Earth right now.

Has it not already been ascertained that the Russians have tech that is more advanced than the US...didnt i read a thread on it recently?

I think that people like the "idea" that the US can wipe out anyone with ease, but lets face the music. If you go to war with any of the top 10 military nations of the world, your going to suffer MAJOR loses, you may win but all it takes is 2 or 3 top ten military powers to render you useless.

I'm not saying that will happen because if the US does start something...no doubt our "glorious" Queen will be running after Obama begging to be part of it...so it may balance it out.

edit on 10/2/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
It is a sad day when we speak of 'America' or 'Iran' or whoever as their respective governments. It is a sad day when America is NOT the same thing as the American people. It is a sad day when the government, which is supposed to merely be an arm, an extension of the will of the people, has taken over the entire being and equates with the nation as a whole, with the people as a whole. That tells me more about the state of affairs in this world than anything.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Iran is mostly talk.But yes it can halt shipments in hormuz and destroy oil facilities in gulf.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by theubermensch

I wouldn't be so quick in talking about "crumbling" empires. A mouse can only play around the feet of a bull elephant for so long before it gets STOMPED ON! The mullahs in Iran rant and rave and sabre rattle but watch what happens when the gates of hell open before them. They will run like a pack of rats like they did the last time the American 8th fleet positioned itself off their shores. They couldn't open their Swiss bank accounts fast enough! And the 8th fleet does not even constitute 20 percent of your firepower. And Russia? Yes Putin thinks he can rule till he is on his death bed. The Bear is now starting to wake and he, like the Tsars and the Communist Party before him, will be swept away. An out of control Russia.. now THAT is something to be feared because they outgun you in atomic weapons and in a number of other strategic areas (e.g. oil supply, hard science PhDs, conversion of technology..)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Reply to post by woodwardjnr

It is an election year. Obama sees his numbers and knows the ONLY way he will have 4 more is if TSHTF. Iran knows this as well, and whether or not Iran is capable of defending itself, or its allies, is not even a major issue. Like you said, lives will be lost, America's debt will continue to increase, and the same players will reap the benefits of war. It really is obvious, to me, the US is trying to take over the ME. And in a hurry too. Look at what has taken place the last few years. 2012 might not be just another year. Maybe the Change Barrack promised was a OWG. To achieve this there must be another World War.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
to say america could wage war with china and Russia is just plain dumb..america needs to sit back and concentrate on its own country,it can no longer claim to be the worlds only super power..like the united kingdom its had its day..why the need for a defense budget that could run a small country says it all really..as a tax payer its an insult ..the american dream died a long time ago..the war machine will run because the people of america allow it to..if war hit american soil in the way of Russian/Chinese ground troops you would see a different side of war..i only hope Britain as a nation don't follow america in a war it just cant win ...Iran are been vocal for a reason ..just like Israel they have big league players watching their back..its a war nobody wants or needs peace

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Huh? Do you know your history?
Germany was divided amongst the victors until 91.
And it wasn't Russia...It was the USSR (the Soviet Union) which is now defunct.

If they had not stopped Germany Hitler would have won the war.
Stalingrad was the decisive victory of WW2.

Correction. Its the weather that helped win the conflict between USSR and Nazi Germany.

LINK1

Ofcourse everyone likes to glorify the war after 60 years but the facts remain that every major allied country involved had a significant role in the outcome. WWII wasn't a single countrys effort. One can self proclaim and praise their favourable country as the bad a$$ all they want. One cannot change the factual history. Imagine if the allies were not involved and only Nazi Germany and USSR were fighting each other?

How old are you son/sir?

edit on 10-2-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

They have admitted to State sponsered terrorism. Even boasted about it

Every government on the planet, performs state terrorism ... Israel was created, by performing terrorism ... just to mention one single fact.

Terrorism, is what the Arab nations learned from the English (and perhaps even the french), and lately the US has recruited them for this very purpose. Al Quaida is a US asset, always has been and always will be. Usama Bin Ladin was probably guilty of "not" wanting to do US biddings, that is most likely his crime.

The US currently performs terrorist acts all over the world, along with its allies. In the "west" where it doesn't have much "opposition", it and it's allies, perform active telephone listening, mail coverage of citizens. And then they deny citizens their rights to work, etc., It's all very legal, of course ... but that is because in the west, there is no one to actually "talk about it". That is why you don't see it in the open.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
We shall see how tough iran is very soon. Halliburton will be pumping oil through solid glass, if they do not change their tune.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
We shouldnt underestimate Iran. There is a big difference between the governments stance and the peoples. I am speaking from personal experience. I used to live in Dubai and we, my family, visited Kish island, which is a free trade island in the Persian Gulf but is still Iran. The people were extremely nice and I did not feel threatened at anytime. This was 1998 so things may have changed.

Personally I saw this planned attack on Iran after we entered Afganistan and Iraq. All you have to do is look at a map, we have a launching platform from both sides of the boarder of Iran and we can also hold the Persian Gulf to the south. The mistake is to think we can or should put boots on the ground in Iran. This is asking for trouble and will do nothing but sacrifice American lifes.

I pray we dont get drawn into this war, however I feel like the pieces were in motion all long time ago and it might be too late to turn back. If anything we may be forced to follow/help Israel. God help us if this actually happens because this would be a serious war and we would see significant military resistance that we did not see in Afganistan or Iraq.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I know the US will win any war against Iran. But I hope they inflict enough damage that the American people will never allow our military to become an arm of US policy ever again. The military is for defense only. Using them offensively is evil and immoral. We should lose a few ships and a ton of planes and the black eye for the victory should really sting. Otherwise we will just do it again and again. Like we have been doing.

It took nearly 20 years after Vietnam for us to go back to being the murdering bully we are today. Hopefully Iran will give us at least another 20 years of peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

We dragged out the other wars because a quick war doesn't make money. If it were really in the best interest of the people calling the shots to go to war and end it quickly the wars we are involved in would last a couple of weeks. The U.S. possesses Air superiority. The U.S. military has technology that is at least 20 years ahead of our time.

And all this technology is in the hands of even the poorest civilian in some of these countries. With a simple Youtube video of an american bombing of a wedding in Afghanistan, the public backlash against the administration in charge is palpable.

What good is having the best, most well armed army in the world when you are fighting a guerilla war? A simple, low cost IED on the side of the road often does more damage, with less backlash than one of your so-called "smart bombs".

Iraq was a mess until the troop surge. I bet the insurgents fought the war with less than 1% of the budget of the USA, and they inflicted casualties and tied US forces up for years. Having to constantly worry about who you bomb, who will see the carnage, and politics tie the USA hands. The only war the US is capable of fighting, and fighting better than any other country is an all out, no holds barred war.

With each and every incursion into smaller countries, the world despises the USA more and more, and its understandable. Imperialism has no place in todays world.
edit on 10-2-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
I know the US will win any war against Iran. But I hope they inflict enough damage that the American people will never allow our military to become an arm of US policy ever again. The military is for defense only. Using them offensively is evil and immoral. We should lose a few ships and a ton of planes and the black eye for the victory should really sting. Otherwise we will just do it again and again. Like we have been doing.

It took nearly 20 years after Vietnam for us to go back to being the murdering bully we are today. Hopefully Iran will give us at least another 20 years of peace.

yes, great; War always brings Peace and the proof is in the history...

NOT...

is that the "American Way"?

I hope not.

and...

most of you here seems to not understand what they really said (The Iranians)

they mentioned THE ECONOMY.

how will you support the war if your economy is in problems?

doesn't matter how strong your army is (and the USA army is the strongest) but for how long you can support the troops and feed the war.

one more thing: United States Army is everywhere in the world; they have presence everywhere and you cannot count overall numbers of soldiers or technology: they will not be there, not all of them.

but Iran's army is already there. the whole army.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

When pinting fingers, remember that three are pointing back at you.

Iran is quite the bully as well.

They have admitted to State sponsered terrorism. Even boasted about it.

Who defines who a terrorist is and who is not? Exactly the good old US, Israel and their partners.

Lets say Iran defines it from now on.

I call supporting radicals and Al Qaeda in Iran, Syria and Libya state sponsored terrorism.

edit on 10-2-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I like how you completely disregard the rest of my post. I mean the mass public, not the military.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

What? Iran's defense budget is $9,174,000,000. Ours is $692,000,000,000. We have nuclear weapons. They don't. I don't think that th U.S. should go to war with Iran, but saying that attacking Iran "would be akin to suicide" is just ridiculous.

Do you really think it will be one on one?

Plus America couldnt beat Vietnam or Korea.

Those Vet Kongs werent scared of your military budget.

Oh please. First of all the U.S. has NATO on their side. Turkey and Israel alone would be enough to crush Iran, but with the entirety of NATO at our sides the U.S. military is practically undefeatable right now.

And who says we couldn't beat vietnam? We didn't surrender we just left because the government finally realized how pointless the war was. You're crazy if you think that America would have lost the war if we didn't pull our troops out. The Vietnam war was an incredible success militarily speaking. The viet congs didn't even win a single major battle.

Vietnam an overwhelming military success?
For whom?
The Viet Cong I think, the USA was humiliated.
And NATO may not be on the USA side anyway.
And China may call in its debts by telling you yanks to pull your heads in.

War with Iran would be suicide for the USA.
The USA should go to war with Israel instead.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

I agree that all nations have their hands dirty. And that is what I was trying to point out.

To ignore Irans blusterfication ( I just made that up...
) and just concentrate on one side, speaks of hypocrisy in my opinion.
edit on 10-2-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join